Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabasaberian said:
Hi everybody,

I applied on October 7th and still waiting. Does anybody know if there are other people who applied on October and still waiting?
Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Applied: October 20
Approved: March 14

I went to my constituency office to ask for help. The staff members of my MP contacted CIC on my behalf and informed me that my application was approved on February 10. However, it took CIC more than one month and two reminders from my constituency office to print it and mail it to me (that's when my status changed to approved on March 14). I strongly encourage those who applied in October and are still waiting to go to your constituency office in person and ask for their assistance.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
lauraDz said:
Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Applied: October 20
Approved: March 14

I went to my constituency office to ask for help. The staff members of my MP contacted CIC on my behalf and informed me that my application was approved on February 10. However, it took CIC more than one month and two reminders from my constituency office to print it and mail it to me (that's when my status changed to approved on March 14). I strongly encourage those who applied in October and are still waiting to go to your constituency office in person and ask for their assistance.
Congrads, Laura! Best wishes for your OINP application as well.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
lauraDz said:
Thank you very much, imarchuang! Good luck to you too!
Hi Laura,

Just for curiosity, did you write a sorta "Letter of Explanation" to explain your status when you applied for OINP? As you were under "implied status" when you submitted you OINP application, right? So you need to provide you PGWP to OINP once you get the actual hard copy, right?

Is this the reason your OINP AOR gets delayed? just wondering ....

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imarchuang said:
Hi Laura,

Just for curiosity, did you write a sorta "Letter of Explanation" to explain your status when you applied for OINP? As you were under "implied status" when you submitted you OINP application, right? So you need to provide you PGWP to OINP once you get the actual hard copy, right?

Is this the reason your OINP AOR gets delayed? just wondering ....
Hi,

No, I submitted my study permit which was still valid when I applied. Also, OINP does not require a work permit. They require a valid work/study/visitor permit at the time of submitting your application. Another member of this forum (Parvi Sigh) received a request to submit a copy of his work permit after he had gotten his AOR. And he did not have it at that time. So it was sufficient for him to submit a confirmation that he applied for a work permit.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
lauraDz said:
Hi,

No, I submitted my study permit which was still valid when I applied. Also, OINP does not require a work permit. They require a valid work/study/visitor permit at the time of submitting your application. Another member of this forum (Parvi Sigh) received a request to submit a copy of his work permit after he had gotten his AOR. And he did not have it at that time. So it was sufficient for him to submit a confirmation that he applied for a work permit.
Gotcha, I actually wrote a "Letter of Explanation" to explain my "implied status", and attached the PGWP application confirmation letter as well. However, I stated that I will update my a copy of PGWP to OINP once I get it approved in the "Letter of Explanation", which seems redundant I guess. :)

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
b4ahmad said:
Applied for PGWP on 19-jan-2016. No update so far
One of my friends got a notification from CIC, and he checked that his application has been "Approved". He applied PGWP on Jan-5th.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Guys, check this out, the processing time for work permit now is down to 92 days for online applicants.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
rossonero said:
Hi Kenny, congrats on your PGWP approval!

Unfortunately, I’m currently in the same situation as you were previously and am in quite a bit of a pinch here. My study permit and visa has expired and my PGWP rejected. I have 90 days for restoration.

My questions are:
Which form/forms did you use for your re-application? IMM5709? IMM5710?
You have to pay $605 (i.e. $200 restoration fee + $155 work permit + $105 open work permit + $150 study permit), but without having to fill the study permit form?
Is an online application possible or must it be via paper application?
Which address must the package be sent to if it’s by paper application?

Is it this address:
Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

I’ll be eternally grateful for your help!
Hi! What was the reason for your pgwp rejection?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Has anyone here tried to apply for PGWP through flagpoling?