Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
AiVi said:
Hi imarchuang,

Thanks for reply. When did you apply for your PGWP & SOWP ? & did you & your spouse got visa ?If yes then will you please share timeline & documents which you have submitted ? & Can your spouse work until she gets extension ? Did you submit any document to your employer ?

I am worried because we just limited time to apply for visa
Sure. We submitted both PGWP and SOWP together on Jan-26, and so far no approval/rejection yet. All the application docs are the ones required for applying PGWP, and I also submitted a Verification of Employment letter from my employer (to support SOWP application). In addition, I add a long "Letter of Explanation" which tried to states why I applied SOWP prior to getting PGWP... In the letter, the main reason stated was due to the time constraint...

I did call CIC regarding the eligibility of working for my spouse, and the answer is yes (until a final decision is made for her SOWP application) as she is also under implied status now.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
wicaact said:
Applied on Nov 22 2015
Approved on Mar 3 2016
Waiting for Delivery
did you apply online or paper based?

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Re: Current Processing Times

mantramugdha said:
Hi Folks,

Just an update that 3 of my friends including forum member vipin3009 have received their PGWP approvals. They applied between 10th - 14th December.
Did they apply online or paper based?

olga4788

Mar 6, 2015
Hello everyone, can you please share your advise of how to speak to an CIC agent to check the status of the application? I've tried to call 1-888-242-2100 and options 1-1-2-1 about the application status, and it just gives me an automated reply that my application is in process. I've tried a few times, for example at 8 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM etc. I've applied online on Oct 23 and still haven't got any reply, even though the processing times web page is saying they are processing application received on Oct 26. Thank you in advance, any help will be much appreciated.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi,
flagpoling means getting work permit from border location. so you might have to prepare your application and go to canadian border to get the work permit. many people have got their initial PGWP thorough this and i hope you guys can get one as well. again i am not sure about you. as pgwp is given to the graduating person. however for further info, check this topic on previous pages. people have done it and posted their experiences here. I pray that you get yours asap.

Cheers
Muhammad

AiVi said:
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply.I did search on CIC website but i couldn't find more information about flagpole. Can you help me to get this information.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
imarchuang said:
did you apply online or paper based?
Online, received in mail on Mar 10

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
wicaact said:
Online, received in mail on Mar 10
Congrads, wicaact :)

I've applied PGWP online on Jan-26th, still waiting...

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olga4788 said:
Hello everyone, can you please share your advise of how to speak to an CIC agent to check the status of the application? I've tried to call 1-888-242-2100 and options 1-1-2-1 about the application status, and it just gives me an automated reply that my application is in process. I've tried a few times, for example at 8 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM etc. I've applied online on Oct 23 and still haven't got any reply, even though the processing times web page is saying they are processing application received on Oct 26. Thank you in advance, any help will be much appreciated.
Olga788,

When you call the number and the automated messages start playing, press 3, 2, 1, 0 on your phone and you will get in the queue to speak to an agent. However, beware that agents are not supposed to tell you about the status of your application. The will only say the usual generic responses that they give everybody.

Cheers and good luck!

sabasaberian

Mar 15, 2016
Hi everybody,

I applied on October 7th and still waiting. Does anybody know if there are other people who applied on October and still waiting?

996hardeep

Jul 2, 2014
Toronto
Nomination.....
27-09-2017
hello guys

I applied for PGWP on October 3rd 2015 and its still under process, CIC agent asked me to wait till 29th may 2016
i wan to ask i am looking forward to apply for PNP
i just want to know whether my employer can apply for pre-screening while my PGWP is under process or we have to wait?

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
996hardeep said:
hello guys

I applied for PGWP on October 3rd 2015 and its still under process, CIC agent asked me to wait till 29th may 2016
i wan to ask i am looking forward to apply for PNP
i just want to know whether my employer can apply for pre-screening while my PGWP is under process or we have to wait?
Yes, you can go ahead with your pre-screening if you employer supports it, as you are currently under implied status which is eligible to apply for PNP.

996hardeep

Jul 2, 2014
Toronto
Nomination.....
27-09-2017
imarchuang said:
Yes, you can go ahead with your pre-screening if you employer supports it, as you are currently under implied status which is eligible to apply for PNP.
[size=10pt][size=10pt]thank you[/size][/size]

olga4788

Mar 6, 2015
jubear said:
Olga788,

When you call the number and the automated messages start playing, press 3, 2, 1, 0 on your phone and you will get in the queue to speak to an agent. However, beware that agents are not supposed to tell you about the status of your application. The will only say the usual generic responses that they give everybody.

Cheers and good luck!
Thank you so much, Jubear. It worked this time :) However, they didn't give any additional information, will try to call again a bit later

StudentQuery

Nov 5, 2014
I would like to apply for extension of PGWP, as my work permit expiring. I know that you have to apply by paper application(as talked to agent on phone), but unable to figure out Photo graph requirements of the application. Could you please help to understand "Photograph" requirement for paper application that is it mandatory.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StudentQuery said:
I would like to apply for extension of PGWP, as my work permit expiring. I know that you have to apply by paper application(as talked to agent on phone), but unable to figure out Photo graph requirements of the application. Could you please help to understand "Photograph" requirement for paper application that is it mandatory.
StudentQuery,

See photo specs (jpeg or jpeg2000) at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

Cheers!