Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
catchgurl said:
hello everyone,

Hope everything went well for all you guys today, just need some ideas from anyone of you.
I am PNP nominated now SINP said I need to forward my PR application to CIC but my Question is,
Can i submit /forward my PR appication to CIC even if I didn't passed the english language test yet from my first attemp?

Please give some ideas.

Thanks..
You've posted to the wrong thread. This thread is a PGWP discussion.

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
jubear said:
King1990,

As I always say, the rule of thumb to any TR application is to have valid status.

1- IRCC didn't see that you had valid student status (valid SP).
2- A PGWP cannot be restored. It can only be extended in cases where the applicant was eligible for a certain duration on their PGWP but their passport was about to expire. In cases like these, applicants are advised to first renew their passport, then reapply to extend the PGWP upto the duration (date) they were eligible for.

To fully understand your situation, ask yourself these simple questions:
a) When did I receive a confirmation letter from my DLI stating that I have completed my program and will graduate? In other words check for the date on that document.
OR the date your Official transcript was printed.

b) When did my SP expire? Did I apply after it expired?
c) When did I apply for a PGWP?
d) Did I apply within 90 days of receiving a confirmation letter from my DLI?
e) When did IRCC confirm the receipt of my application?

If your answer to b) and d) is Yes and No respectively, then let your lawyer take charge.

Cheers and Good luck!
Sorry for late reply Jubear. Thanks for your update. Let me answer your questions.

My passport is not going to expire for next 6 years at least. I never applied to Post graduation in my life.

a = I received letter and the date of graduation on my transcript is 23rd of March 2015. I have completed 2 years of program in Lambton college.
b = My study permit expired on 30th March 2015.
c = I applied and submitted my Post graduation work permit application on 30th of March 2015 with payment of $155 at first and within the limit of 90 days from graduation.
d = I applied by myself and not through any agent. CIC received the payment on same day.

DID I APPLIED MY RESTORATION IN 90 DAYS FROM MY TEMPORARY EXPIRY DATE? = Yes, that's what the letter of refusal stated. The refusal letter didn't say about expiry of student permit nor the online application says to me to pay extra $150 if my student permit has expired.

If you want for post graduation restoration information, feel free to ask. They told me to apply restoration because they refused my application even after paying them $100 open work permit fee.
I paid $455 and also updated the "Renewal of Student permit Fee $150" in middle of my process, as per the new law update for expired student permit. And CIC call center agent denied the update because I over paid the fees. I told MP office about this and even for them they got same reply. I am sending the draft explaining the chronology of my application and they are submitting to Ministry office in Ottawa to understand the misunderstand by CIC while processing the application.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
king1990 said:
Sorry for late reply Jubear. Thanks for your update. Let me answer your questions.

I am sending the draft explaining the chronology of my application and they are submitting to Ministry office in Ottawa to understand the misunderstand by CIC while processing the application.
Good luck.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Hey guys, I've applied my PGWP on Jan-26-2016, and still waiting

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hello Everybody,

My husband is about to finish his 2yrs full time diploma in May 16. I am on open work permit. My husband will apply for PGWP once he gets his transcripts. Our visa is going to expire in July 16.Can i extend my Open work permit at the same time when my husband is going to apply for PGWP ?
If NO,what are the alternative options ? Because as per CIC, processing time for PGWP within canada is 3 months.If I have to apply after approval of my husbands PGWP then,what are the options to extend my TRV & open work permit to continue my stay in canada ? Kindly,let me know if you want more information.

Thank you,
AISH

mantramugdha

Feb 27, 2016
AiVi said:
Hello Everybody,

My husband is about to finish his 2yrs full time diploma in May 16. I am on open work permit. My husband will apply for PGWP once he gets his transcripts. Our visa is going to expire in July 16.Can i extend my Open work permit at the same time when my husband is going to apply for PGWP ?
If NO,what are the alternative options ? Because as per CIC, processing time for PGWP within canada is 3 months.If I have to apply after approval of my husbands PGWP then,what are the options to extend my TRV & open work permit to continue my stay in canada ? Kindly,let me know if you want more information.

Thank you,
AISH
Hi Aish,

You are in similar circumstances as my spouse. I have filed my pgwp application, my spouse's OWP and TRV expires on Mar 31st. You cannot apply for an open work permit till your huusband has his PGWP and an NOC O, A, B level job offer/pay stubs etc. The best bet for you would be for your husband to file the PGWP as soon as possible. If he files on say May 1st or May 16th you'll have 2 months before your status expires. You can then do either of the following 3 things:

1. Your husband gets a Job ( NOC OAB) - Your husband goes for flagpolling and gets a PGWP saying he needs PGWP to start working.
2. Your husband gets his PGWP
3. Your husband neither get a job offer or PGWP - In both of these cases you can apply for a OWP and start your application by say July 5th. Since the work permit processing is taking 3-4 months there is a high chance that your husband's job and/or pgwp comes through before they even start processing your application. In which case you can either flagpole or add doucments to your existing application. In the worst case scenario your OWP application will get rejected if - your husbands papers dont come through before your processing. Then you may need to go for restoration of status and fresh app. In any case you will be able to work under implied status till you get a decision.

Go through this link for more such cases
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-open-work-permit-t103723.2040.html

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
AiVi said:
Hello Everybody,

Thank you,
AISH
Hi Aish,

Let me tell you what I did: When I applied my PGWP, I filled my wife's SOWP extension together.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
When your husband gets his transcripts, he can flagpole (get his pgwp from border location in one day) and later on you can apply for your permit. i am not sure if you are eligible for flagpoling as well.

Cheers

AiVi said:
Hello Everybody,

Thank you,
AISH

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Hello everyone,
I recently got my work permit and its with me and my student visa valid till september 2016 and study visa is stamped on my passport. Unfortunately my work visa is not stamped on my passport. I am right now on vacations in india, can i travel back to toronto without any issue. I have heard that eTA is also necessary for international student to travel but i don't have eTA and my work visa stamped but i do have my working visa which is valid till 2019.
Can anyone please help me on this forum that would be appreciated.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munny said:
Hello everyone,
I recently got my work permit and its with me and my student visa valid till september 2016 and study visa is stamped on my passport. Unfortunately my work visa is not stamped on my passport. I am right now on vacations in india, can i travel back to toronto without any issue. I have heard that eTA is also necessary for international student to travel but i don't have eTA and my work visa stamped but i do have my working visa which is valid till 2019.
Can anyone please help me on this forum that would be appreciated.
Munny,

Apply for a new TRV in India. The new TRV will be valid and run concurrently with your work permit until 2019.
See this package for applicants in India and also consult with your nearest consulate or embassy:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

Cheers!

mantramugdha

Feb 27, 2016
Current Processing Times

Hi Folks,

Just an update that 3 of my friends including forum member vipin3009 have received their PGWP approvals. They applied between 10th - 14th December.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Re: Current Processing Times

mantramugdha said:
Hi Folks,

Just an update that 3 of my friends including forum member vipin3009 have received their PGWP approvals. They applied between 10th - 14th December.
Hi Dude, congrads! Good news should be coming soon as it seems that they are speeding up

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hello Mantramugdha,

Thanks for the revert.3rd option seems good.however, when i gone through CIC website, they have mentioned that,application for sowp should be submitted 30 days before expiry date .How to work this out ?

And you said that your case is same as mine.so did ur spouse get visa? What did u do ? It will help me hopefully.

mantramugdha said:
Hi Aish,

You are in similar circumstances as my spouse. I have filed my pgwp application, my spouse's OWP and TRV expires on Mar 31st. You cannot apply for an open work permit till your huusband has his PGWP and an NOC O, A, B level job offer/pay stubs etc. The best bet for you would be for your husband to file the PGWP as soon as possible. If he files on say May 1st or May 16th you'll have 2 months before your status expires. You can then do either of the following 3 things:

1. Your husband gets a Job ( NOC OAB) - Your husband goes for flagpolling and gets a PGWP saying he needs PGWP to start working.
2. Your husband gets his PGWP
3. Your husband neither get a job offer or PGWP - In both of these cases you can apply for a OWP and start your application by say July 5th. Since the work permit processing is taking 3-4 months there is a high chance that your husband's job and/or pgwp comes through before they even start processing your application. In which case you can either flagpole or add doucments to your existing application. In the worst case scenario your OWP application will get rejected if - your husbands papers dont come through before your processing. Then you may need to go for restoration of status and fresh app. In any case you will be able to work under implied status till you get a decision.

Go through this link for more such cases
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-open-work-permit-t103723.2040.html

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi imarchuang,

Thanks for reply. When did you apply for your PGWP & SOWP ? & did you & your spouse got visa ?If yes then will you please share timeline & documents which you have submitted ? & Can your spouse work until she gets extension ? Did you submit any document to your employer ?

I am worried because we just limited time to apply for visa

imarchuang said:
Hi Aish,

Let me tell you what I did: When I applied my PGWP, I filled my wife's SOWP extension together.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply.I did search on CIC website but i couldn't find more information about flagpole. Can you help me to get this information.

numair728 said:
When your husband gets his transcripts, he can flagpole (get his pgwp from border location in one day) and later on you can apply for your permit. i am not sure if you are eligible for flagpoling as well.

Cheers