+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
I'm applying for TRV after getting a PGWP, and have a question about submitting a copy of a passport for TRV application. Instructions state to provide "any pages with stamps, visas or markings." I have an expired study permit that was stapled by an officer to my passport when the permit was issued. I have kept the study permit attached to my passport since then. Should I scan the study permit along with other required pages of the passport and submit it to CIC or not?

I guess I could remove the study permit from the passport, and scan the passport without it. But then there would be holes left by a stapler that could look suspicious, like if something was missing from a passport. Can anyone clarify what is a correct thing to do? Thank you!

katecurban

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
AOR Received.
December 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Re-assessment August 2015
Interview........
Nov 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
life is full of surprises

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
travellerr said:
I'm applying for TRV after getting a PGWP, and have a question about submitting a copy of a passport for TRV application. Instructions state to provide "any pages with stamps, visas or markings." I have an expired study permit that was stapled by an officer to my passport when the permit was issued. I have kept the study permit attached to my passport since then. Should I scan the study permit along with other required pages of the passport and submit it to CIC or not?

I guess I could remove the study permit from the passport, and scan the passport without it. But then there would be holes left by a stapler that could look suspicious, like if something was missing from a passport. Can anyone clarify what is a correct thing to do? Thank you!
Travellerr,

Please only provide what the instructions say.
- Personal info page(s).
- Visa pages, etc.

You are expected to carefully remove expired SPs or WPs. Anything irrelevant to your application only causes more work for CIC agents, scrutiny and delay in the processing.

Cheers!

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
hii I applied on the same day.. did you get an email notification or when you logged into it you saw the status changed..im getting worried about mine now..

Lady_in__red said:
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got approved today!!!!!! ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Incredible!!! What a relief!!!

Applied august 31st 2015!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Applied on Sept 30

Blank update - Nov 18

Status changed to Approved - Jan 13

No email yet

Best of luck to all

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
vicky0907wang said:
hii I applied on the same day.. did you get an email notification or when you logged into it you saw the status changed..im getting worried about mine now..
There was an email notification and when I logged in it said updated. I clicked and it said that the application was closed and at the bottom that it has been approved, and when I went back to the main page, it said approved. Sorry to hear that you still haven't received your approval :( I really don't understand how these people operate. So many people from september who already received approval while those from august still don't have any news... really unacceptable.

I wish you luck and hope your application gets approved quickly!!

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
jubear said:
Travellerr,

Please only provide what the instructions say.
- Personal info page(s).
- Visa pages, etc.

You are expected to carefully remove expired SPs or WPs. Anything irrelevant to your application only causes more work for CIC agents, scrutiny and delay in the processing.

Cheers!
Thank you, jubear! It makes sense.
(1) However, I found a new issue with it. Turned out there is a stamp (!) for the most recent entry in Canada on that old permit. It was stamped on the back side of the SP, as opposed to a passport page. Any advice on what I shall do in that case?

Since the stamp is on the SP's back side, would it be okay to just scan its back side? Or is better to scan both sides of the SP? (so that whoever will be reviewing my application will not have questions about what that piece of document is). But I don't want it to look like I am submitting an old, expired SP for my TRV application. Please, help. Thanks.

Also, (2) does it mean that I will need to mail the old study permit along with my passport to get a new TRV? Since there is a stamp on the old permit, it (the stamp) belongs to the passport, and shall remain there for future record. Am I correct or overthinking?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
travellerr said:
(1) However, I found a new issue with it. Turned out there is a stamp (!) for the most recent entry in Canada on that old permit. It was stamped on the back side of the SP, as opposed to a passport page. Any advice on what I shall do in that case?

Since the stamp is on the SP's back side, would it be okay to just scan its back side? Or is better to scan both sides of the SP? (so that whoever will be reviewing my application will not have questions about what that piece of document is). But I don't want it to look like I am submitting an old, expired SP for my TRV application. Please, help. Thanks.
Please scan the back of the SP.

Also, (2) does it mean that I will need to mail the old study permit along with my passport to get a new TRV? Since there is a stamp on the old permit, it (the stamp) belongs to the passport, and shall remain there for future record. Am I correct or overthinking?
You can imagine what some people would do if they had SP documents in their passports from different countries. That would be ridiculous.

So no, you don't need the SP. Like I mentioned before provide what the processing officer/CIC is asking for. As of now your status is Worker not a student. You are overthinking things but obviously being cautious. However, if it takes away the doubt in your mind, then mail your passport with the old SP. However, you risk the possibility of having future stamps on that same old document just because you are keeping it there.

I personally prefer stamps in my passport pages because that's what they are there for.

Its your call.

Cheers!

johnyycm

Jan 14, 2016
shubham710 said:
Applied on Sept 30

Blank update - Nov 18

Status changed to Approved - Jan 13

No email yet

Best of luck to all
hey I have the same situation as you.

Applied on Sept 29

Blank update - Nov 15

Status changed to Approved - Jan 14

No email yet.

The problem is I dont when I login to CIC. The status changed to approved. But no pdf file attached to indicate how long the work permit I get. Do you have the same situation?

Best luck of all you guys.

Cheers

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
travellerr said:

You should check your passport carefully, because the officer did the same to my SP but he stamped my passport too.

I was trying to do the application but at the end, my application did not request my PGWP, so i will answer all the questions again and see whats going on.... This happened to anybody here?

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
Thank you soooooo much!! and i hope so too!!!

Lady_in__red said:
There was an email notification and when I logged in it said updated. I clicked and it said that the application was closed and at the bottom that it has been approved, and when I went back to the main page, it said approved. Sorry to hear that you still haven't received your approval :( I really don't understand how these people operate. So many people from september who already received approval while those from august still don't have any news... really unacceptable.

I wish you luck and hope your application gets approved quickly!!