NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Fraya said:
Hi, need help! What should I do, if I provide wrong information about the application form. Today, I suddenly found that I have to provide my personal history for past ten years. However, I misunderstood this with work history, so I only provided the work history of myself. :-[ :'(What should I do? Please help me!
Are you sure? All I can recall from the forms is that you have to provide the last 5 years of your travel history and last 10 years of work history.

I would send a case specific inquiry through the CIC website and attach the relevant information if you think you have provided incorrect information. Also if the information is an issue, they will usually ask you to upload additional information.

Here is the link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.171973347.1794469371.1441065561

Hope this helps!

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
the waiting for mine is over except for my husband own
Here is my timeline
i got my full three year till 2018,12,24
Applied: September 4th 2015
Blank update: November 1, December 25
Approval: December 30th 2015 with approval letter i received email notification.
i applied for Open work permit for my husband , still open. i.pray they give it to him too soon.
Mail Delivery: Pending

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
hello everyone,
if i am not wrong the cic website is showing processing times in a different way than it used to. and the processing time for pgwp has increased back to 120 days again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
please confirm
thanks
muhammad

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
numair728 said:
hello everyone,
if i am not wrong the cic website is showing processing times in a different way than it used to. and the processing time for pgwp has increased back to 120 days again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
please confirm
thanks
muhammad
Yes I just saw it as well! And instead of september 3rd they are back to august 12!!!!!! They just can't be trusted

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady_in__red said:
Yes I just saw it as well! And instead of september 3rd they are back to august 12!!!!!! They just can't be trusted
Yes, noticed it.
Atleast now the date of application processed is aug 12, which is consistent with what is going on.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
pankaj281 said:
Yes, noticed it.
Atleast now the date of application processed is aug 12, which is consistent with what is going on.
It actually says 1 month for processing work permits within Canada. It's the extension that is 120 days.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tosinosho1992 said:
It actually says 1 month for processing work permits within Canada. It's the extension that is 120 days.
Yes.

But its confusing.
Can anyone please explain the difference between the two?

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
First time posting on this forum, but had being following for some time now. I applied for open work permit for my Husband who is here on a TRV as I am a student. We did online application September 7, 2 blank updates. The wait is killing us, and now that they gone back to August 12, making worst. But I cannot see the new dates. Please explain

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
tosinosho1992 said:
Please.... show me one person here who has obtained their work permit in 30 days... whatever the work permit selection is for, definitely has nothing to do with PGWP because otherwise these lazy asses are behind by 3 months!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

CHEER UP, STAY POSITIVE, WORK SMART NOT HARD, DON'T GIVE UP, & KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE

It was a privilege to share the good and bad moments with you in 2015. Thank you all for sharing your experiences, tips and ideas.

Cheers! :D. Let 2016 Bring Good Fortune To Everyone.

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Happy new year to all.And a shout out to Jubear for always being there for us.Hope 2016 would be a better year for those of us still battling with the CIC!!!

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
Happy New Year, everyone! I have 2 questions about what happens after getting a PGWP.

(1) Does anyone know if a holder of PGWP (open permit) can work part-time or does it have to be full-time only? Suppose someone wanted to get a part-time job while searching for a permanent full-time job. Assume they have already got their PGWP. Could they work part-time temporarily in that case?

(2) Are there any restrictions on how soon you are excepted to start working full-time? Are we allowed to spend 1 or 2 months searching for a job after PGWP has been issued?

Thanks!

P.S. Thank you, naomi and jubear for pointing out that there are 2 steps to provide extra documents. I got assured (and confused) by a huge "Congratulations!" message that appeared on the screen after uploading an extra file. But I didn't realize that there is an extra step to finish submission. :eek: To be honest, this is a confusing and poorly thought through UI design for a website. Anyway, it's all good. Heads up to anyone else in that situation.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
travellerr said:
Happy New Year, everyone! I have 2 questions about what happens after getting a PGWP.

(1) Does anyone know if a holder of PGWP (open permit) can work part-time or does it have to be full-time only? Suppose someone wanted to get a part-time job while searching for a permanent full-time job. Assume they have already got their PGWP. Could they work part-time temporarily in that case?
Travellerr,

In order for you to be eligible for the CEC PR program you must consider the following as part of the requirements:

- You must work full time (30 hrs/week) for 1 year. This should equal the required 1,560 hrs/year.

- However, if you work part time, you must accumulate 15 hrs/week for 2 years. If you do the math, again it equates to the required 1,560 hrs.

- Another way around it is to have two jobs that will give you at least 30 hrs/week for 1 year (which is 1,560 hrs/year).

The labour hours considered as full time in Canada are from 30 - 40 hrs/week. Obviously one can work more than 40 hrs/week with two different employers.

(2) Are there any restrictions on how soon you are excepted to start working full-time? Are we allowed to spend 1 or 2 months searching for a job after PGWP has been issued?

Thanks!
There are no restrictions. However as you look for jobs, just keep in mind the duration/validity of your PGWP in relation to the expected requirement of amassing 1560 hrs and working within NOCs 0, A & B.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Zabidin

Nov 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My experience with CIC. i applied for a post graduate work permit on Aug. 24, 2015. In the meantime, my application was being processed by CIC, i sent my renewed passport (my previous passport is due to expire on Jan. 4, 2016) for considering for the stated application. A few days later, i got a response back from them saying, "we have received your supporting documents and we have attached them to your application."

Considering that they have received my renewed passport, they would not make any decision on my previous passport. Things didn't go as I (in fact, most of you will after reading this clear-cut email from CIC) thought would go. Finally, Dec. 29, my application status was changed to approved and by calling them the same day i was informed that the decision was made on my previous passport. Therefore, the work permit was issued only for a period of seven days, new year holiday and weekend also included in that period, valid until Jan. 4, 2016. Technically, i only had four days to apply for any extension.

Dec. 30, when i received an official electronic document indicating the expiry date of my work permit, Jan. 4, 2016, i started filling out application for an extension and collected all the documents. But, for some reasons, i had to delay sending my application until next day, which was Dec. 31, 2015. Thinking that CIC would take a long time again for processing my application, the next day i contacted my lawyer for a legal advice (of course, they work for money), and from there she acted on my behalf and presented my case to the border agency. Within an hour, i got a call from my lawyer saying the border agency has considered my case and is willing to issue me work permit in-person at the border.

To be clear, during the process i was on implied status and didn't have any valid visa to re-enter in Canada in order to do flag polling. Though I have a valid visa to visit U.S. But, things worked out in my favour and finally i have a post-graduate work permit.

I am very much thankful to this group for sharing all the valuable experiences. Couldn't have made it without the knowledge you guys shared here and are still doing it.

Good luck to all of you! Despite having ups and downs during the processing period, i am sure you all will make it.

If anyone knows the detailed explanation of applying for TRV, please share it with me. I would like to apply for it next week. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!

Rv_2311

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Zabidin said:
Hello Everyone,

My experience with CIC. i applied for a post graduate work permit on Aug. 24, 2015. In the meantime, my application was being processed by CIC, i sent my renewed passport (my previous passport is due to expire on Jan. 4, 2016) for considering for the stated application. A few days later, i got a response back from them saying, "we have received your supporting documents and we have attached them to your application."

Considering that they have received my renewed passport, they would not make any decision on my previous passport. Things didn't go as I (in fact, most of you will after reading this clear-cut email from CIC) thought would go. Finally, Dec. 29, my application status was changed to approved and by calling them the same day i was informed that the decision was made on my previous passport. Therefore, the work permit was issued only for a period of seven days, new year holiday and weekend also included in that period, valid until Jan. 4, 2016. Technically, i only had four days to apply for any extension.

Dec. 30, when i received an official electronic document indicating the expiry date of my work permit, Jan. 4, 2016, i started filling out application for an extension and collected all the documents. But, for some reasons, i had to delay sending my application until next day, which was Dec. 31, 2015. Thinking that CIC would take a long time again for processing my application, the next day i contacted my lawyer for a legal advice (of course, they work for money), and from there she acted on my behalf and presented my case to the border agency. Within an hour, i got a call from my lawyer saying the border agency has considered my case and is willing to issue me work permit in-person at the border.

To be clear, during the process i was on implied status and didn't have any valid visa to re-enter in Canada in order to do flag polling. Though I have a valid visa to visit U.S. But, things worked out in my favour and finally i have a post-graduate work permit.

I am very much thankful to this group for sharing all the valuable experiences. Couldn't have made it without the knowledge you guys shared here and are still doing it.

Good luck to all of you! Despite having ups and downs during the processing period, i am sure you all will make it.

If anyone knows the detailed explanation of applying for TRV, please share it with me. I would like to apply for it next week. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!

you are one lucky soul !!

congrats