+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

petitpoussin

Dec 8, 2015
Hi All

do you guys think the fact that the cic website has been down for 2 days now will affect the processing times? do the immigration officers use this website to approve applications?

also i dont know if i should be posting here but i would really LOVE to hear from people who applied for a TRV from within canda in november and december. i see the processing time for that is 16 days but i have a feeling it could be less. please share your timelines :) (if there is a better forum for me to go to please redirect me)

Wishing the best to all of you still waiting for approvals :)

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
petitpoussin said:
Hi All

do you guys think the fact that the cic website has been down for 2 days now will affect the processing times? do the immigration officers use this website to approve applications?

also i dont know if i should be posting here but i would really LOVE to hear from people who applied for a TRV from within canda in november and december. i see the processing time for that is 16 days but i have a feeling it could be less. please share your timelines :) (if there is a better forum for me to go to please redirect me)

Wishing the best to all of you still waiting for approvals :)
I applied for TRV on December 5 and already had 2 blank updates.. As I can see from my friends' experience - even when it was like 20 days processing time for TRV usually in a week they all got the request for passport. So, I hope I will receive that request by the end of this week or beginning of next one =)

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Sorry, long time lurker, I never updated my timeline. Finally got approved for work permit after waiting since May 29. Very exhausting and depressing experience.

Applied: May 29

Updates: May 30, Aug 12, 14, December 6, 8

Approved: December 8 (though on the letter it says December 7)- 194 days

Delivery: Sill waiting

Haha101

Oct 27, 2015
Hi everyone, here is my timeline

Applied: May 25th
Paid: Paid Full Amount
Blank Update: A few
PGWP Approval: Nov 25
Delivery: Nov 30

Cheers!

Cptzawawi

Nov 11, 2015
xiaopan said:
Here is my timeline:

PGWP:
Applied: July 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Approval: Nov 16th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 23rd, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: 2 blank updates on Nov 26 and 27.
Request for Passport: Dec 4 (sent my passport in the same day to Ottawa)

I applied the same day as you blank updates everyday but nothing yet..did you get yours?
Approval: waiting
Mail Delivery: Not Yet

Udocee

Nov 24, 2015
Finally, the wait is over after 190 days!

Applied: May 29th
Blank Update: August 11th and 14th and December 5th
Paid $100: Paid $255 in full
PGWP Approval: December 5th
Mail Delivery: Not yet

Thanks to all the moderators and contributors on this thread for their continued advice and support. Good luck to everyone still expecting theirs. Cheers!

jjr_90

Nov 29, 2015
anna1506 said:
Hi everyone.
Want to share my experience today of flagpole.
I live in Calgary, so the closest big border is 300 km away - Coutts. It took me 3 hours drive to get there. I was on the border around 3 pm.
First I got to US border. I said that I need to see Canadian immigration officer to apply for work permit. He took my passport, asked me to park in the front of there building, sit inside and wait for papers. I got 2 papers from them. After they explained how I can make U-turn and get to Canadian side.
Other there I talked to the officer, showed my papers and she let me drive and park in the from of the CBSA.
I went inside - only 1 person. I said to the officer that I want to apply for PGWP. Showed her all documents. She asked me lot of questions. All of them were fare - where did I study, why I moved to Calgary, how I get financial support....

After 30 min she printed my PGWP and I was free to go.

I still can't believe that I got it.
I was waiting as you all 4.5 months. I applied online May 1st. I called CIC every day asking about my application, asking how and what can I do to get my WP. I was so desperate. I lost one contract and was about to loose another 2 offers.

It was a huge stress and crying every day. I don't know how I would get through all that without family and friends support.

For those who desperate and can't wait 130 or 200 days - I would recommend to go to the border. may be I was lucky, but it worked.

Good luck everyone! You will get it for sure!
Congratulations! anna1506. I just decided to go to Coutts CBSA to apply for PGWP. Could you please share which documents have you prepared for the officers? And may I ask how long is the wp you got from Coutts border, 3 yr? Thank you very much!

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
I would like to share my timelines for all guys

PGWP
Applied. May 9th
Paid $ 100. August 24(throu CSE)
Blank update.. July 24,31 and Nov 3
PGWP approved. Nov 3
Mail delivery. Nov 12

TRV
Applied. . Nov 21
Request for passport. Nov 25
Blank update. Nov 26
Passport send to (Surrey to Ottawa) Nov 26
Approved. Dec 5
Passport send from Ottawa Dec 7
Mail delivery pending

Hope everyone gets their work permit and TRV soon

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I sent my passport to Ottwa on Dec 4... now my status is submitted...

jijialex said:
I would like to share my timelines for all guys

PGWP
Applied. May 9th
Paid $ 100. August 24(throu CSE)
Blank update.. July 24,31 and Nov 3
PGWP approved. Nov 3
Mail delivery. Nov 12

TRV
Applied. . Nov 21
Request for passport. Nov 25
Blank update. Nov 26
Passport send to (Surrey to Ottawa) Nov 26
Approved. Dec 5
Passport send from Ottawa Dec 7
Mail delivery pending

Hope everyone gets their work permit and TRV soon

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
jubear said:

New TRV Within Canada
What you need;
1- Processing fee is $100
2- Required docs for application include;
a) Passport copy (Personal info and stamps)
b) Digital photo
c) IMM5257E form (Same as that for outside applicants. So don't panic)
d) PGWP copy.

eTA
To find out if you are Visa Exempt, go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp. If you are, then apply for the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp. The fee is $7 (to be paid at the time of application).

Cheers!
Hi Jubear,

The form I submitted was IMM5708E. Did I apply a wrong visa???? :eek:

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
memehn said:
Hi Jubear,

The form I submitted was IMM5708E. Did I apply a wrong visa???? :eek:
Hi Memehn,

You applied using the wrong form. Form IMM5708E is for those applicants who have visitor status in Canada and wishing to extend or restore their status.

As a WP holder (in your case, a PGWP) you should have applied using form IMM5257E. Its possible you didn't answer the eligibility questionnaire correctly.

Its imperative that you answer questions such as these correctly:
**1- What would you like to do in Canada? Work
2- Current country of residence? Canada
3- Immigration status in Canada? Worker
4- What best describes your situation? OWP

Question 1 is where most applicants make the error. As applicants with a WP, we apply for a TRV in order to return as a worker after a visit/travelling outside Canada.

Cheers!