+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

eva2015

Oct 19, 2015
I want luck said:
I got an NO UPDATE email too yesterday. I am expecting ours will be approved either today or TMR since most of early May applications got approval 2 days short of 6 months.
I sent another email to my new MP last Friday. and he replied to me that he sent my file to Whip's office. But what is Whip's office? And will they help me? Any one knows?
When u get ur pgwp,let me know.tks.i tried to contract the mp,only his name online nothing detail.

chenshuyi1003

Nov 16, 2015
Alex Z said:
If I understand how it works correctly, then:

if you currently have a job - yes. in this case you're a person with implied status. However, it also depends on your boss, are they accepting it or no.
If you do not have a job - no. It's written in some CIC official doc that if your study permit expired and you're waiting for a work permit you are not allowed to work until the decision on your case will be made.

I am now working under my study permit which will expire on Nov 30 2015 therefore my employer offered me a contract valid till Nov 30 2015. And now my employer would like to extend my contract however my work pemit hasn't been approved yet. Can I keep working when my work permit application is on processing?

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Hi,

chenshuyi1003 said:
I am now working under my study permit which will expire on Nov 30 2015 therefore my employer offered me a contract valid till Nov 30 2015. And now my employer would like to extend my contract however my work pemit hasn't been approved yet. Can I keep working when my work permit application is on processing?
1. Yes you can. you're under implied status.

Cptzawawi

Nov 11, 2015
Hello guys..
Finally i got my PGWP after long time waiting today my status changed from submitted to updated then submitted then updated after that approved

Applied may 28th
Approved nov 17
Mailing: waiting

Good luck everyone.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
chenshuyi1003 said:
Yes, you can, cause your condition is implied status then)))

chenshuyi1003

Nov 16, 2015
Alex Z said:
Yes, you can, cause your condition is implied status then)))
Thank you Alex Z and Ndrs11. Can I ask CIC to give me a implied status letter? My employer might not be comfortable with me being without a work permit.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
chenshuyi1003 said:
Thank you Alex Z and Ndrs11. Can I ask CIC to give me a implied status letter? My employer might not be comfortable with me being without a work permit.
I'm not 100% sure but I think one of my friend did it and they sent her some letter.
However, you know how CIC agents are working.. You always can try!

Also, reading a lot of comments here, people might lose jobs because of as you say they might be uncomfortable with you without a permit and you cannot do anything about that, unfortunately(

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
chenshuyi1003 said:
As Alex Z said, you could try asking to see if they send you a letter

if not maybe try calling CIC with your employer next to you so they can explain him that you're under implied status and you can work. that might make him more comfortable.

hallylee

Oct 30, 2015
I applied on May 26th and still waiting :(

I tried to contact to the MP for few weeks and finally she 'd got in touch with cic and cic said they cleared system issues so they are working hard now LOL........... working "hard" .......??!?!?! ??? ??? ???

so the MP said she thinks i can get it before the end of this month..........

numair782

Sep 26, 2013
chelseafc99 said:
Hi Muhammad, I also applied in mid-october through my credit card but when i click the receipt it downloads a pdf and shows detail of payment such as reference #, authorization code etc. Im not sure why it shows different for you. Try re-generating it and let me know
Hi,
when i click on the receipt number, i get the receipt that i have previously mentioned. it shows proof of payment and has few empty spaces like a fill-able form. it has my name printed on it, so i dont have to write it. but it requires my date of birth, client id, address, postal code, area code and telephone number.

followed by the form, this statement is written:
"please print two copies of this receipt, send one to citizenship and immigration canada and keep one for your records. please also note that the payer's name on the receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form. (few sentences are written in french after that, which i can gues is the same statement written in french)

PS: i have received two updates from cic.
first update on november 1st,: "There have been no updates to your application"
second update on 17th november: "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information"

when i logged in, nothing has changed, application status was "open" before. so i am not sure what to do. anything would be great to hear from any one of you fellows.
thanks

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
numair782 said:
Hi,
when i click on the receipt number, i get the receipt that i have previously mentioned. it shows proof of payment and has few empty spaces like a fill-able form. it has my name printed on it, so i dont have to write it. but it requires my date of birth, client id, address, postal code, area code and telephone number.

followed by the form, this statement is written:
"please print two copies of this receipt, send one to citizenship and immigration canada and keep one for your records. please also note that the payer's name on the receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form. (few sentences are written in french after that, which i can gues is the same statement written in french)

PS: i have received two updates from cic.
first update on november 1st,: "There have been no updates to your application"
second update on 17th november: "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information"

when i logged in, nothing has changed, application status was "open" before. so i am not sure what to do. anything would be great to hear from any one of you fellows.
thanks
Did you apply online?
I do not understand why are you worrying about sending any receipt to CIC.
You have to actually PRINT it and send if you're applying on paper and sending the whole PAPER package to them so they can refer to the receipt that you paid your fees.
If you applied online - they already seeing it cause you paid for that through you account to send you application.

p.s. i hope I understood your case correctly ))

numair782

Sep 26, 2013
Alex Z said:
Did you apply online?
I do not understand why are you worrying about sending any receipt to CIC.
You have to actually PRINT it and send if you're applying on paper and sending the whole PAPER package to them so they can refer to the receipt that you paid your fees.
If you applied online - they already seeing it cause you paid for that through you account to send you application.

p.s. i hope I understood your case correctly ))
Hi AlexZ,
yes i applied online, and they should be able to see it online. i am not sure why is this so. i think i should call them to ask.
did you apply online too? and have you received any empty updates. i am curious may be that update was actually meant for this ??? ??? :-\

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
numair782 said:
Hi AlexZ,
yes i applied online, and they should be able to see it online. i am not sure why is this so. i think i should call them to ask.
did you apply online too? and have you received any empty updates. i am curious may be that update was actually meant for this ??? ??? :-\
then you don't have to send any receipt anywhere)) don't panic.

blank updates mean that maybe officer opened your file or it processing.. you may have them but again, as a lot of people here wrote, you might have not.

do not worry, you're good!

if you wanna calm yourself down more - give a call to CIC (they're working on weekdays from 8am till 4pm).

I want luck

Nov 4, 2015
hallylee said:
I applied on May 26th and still waiting :(

I tried to contact to the MP for few weeks and finally she 'd got in touch with cic and cic said they cleared system issues so they are working hard now LOL........... working "hard" .......??!?!?! ??? ??? ???

so the MP said she thinks i can get it before the end of this month..........
Your MP thinks, or she was told by CIC officer that you can get it before the end of this month? I saw we still have May 2 applicants are waiting, I have no idea how "hard" they worked on our applications.