Sep 24, 2015
I'd like to share my timeline:

Applied: July 25
Updates: monthly
Approval: Nov 16 (but no PDF attached)
Mail delivered: waiting...

chenshuyi1003

Nov 16, 2015
i applied on Jun 12 but I haven't had any update yet. My current study permit will expire on Nov 30. Can I work when my current study permit expire?

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
chenshuyi1003 said:
i applied on Jun 12 but I haven't had any update yet. My current study permit will expire on Nov 30. Can I work when my current study permit expire?
If I understand how it works correctly, then:

if you currently have a job - yes. in this case you're a person with implied status. However, it also depends on your boss, are they accepting it or no.
If you do not have a job - no. It's written in some CIC official doc that if your study permit expired and you're waiting for a work permit you are not allowed to work until the decision on your case will be made.

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
Guys,

I got mine in mail today in my previous residence and i moved to a new place now. While applying for TRV, i will use a new address (different from one i used for permit application). I hope that does not affect TRV application. Any ideas what will happen?

Congrats to guys who got good news and best of luck for the ones waiting, all of you will definitely get ur approval soon for sure! Hang in there just a little longer!

numair782

Sep 26, 2013
Hi everyone,
i have read few comments, however this is my first massage for the post.
first of all, congratulations to everyone who got their permit. secondly thank you jubaer for the help.

i applied on october 2nd, 2015 however i am hopeless to get the PGWP by the end of this year as many of the may applicants are getting their permits now a days. i have a quick question:
i have paid $255 online when i submitted my application, however when i click on the receipt number in my profile, a pdf file is downloaded automatically.
and it has blanks for my address, client id, phone number, email id etc. it is stated to print two copies of this receipt and send one copy to cic. i am confused if i should send it or not. secondly, in case if i should, then which address?

thanks and regards
:)
Muhammad Numair

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP timeline:
Applied: May 15 (paid $155)
Blank updates: Monthly
Paid $100: Oct 14, through CSE
Request Letter: October 29, attached $100 receipt on the same day
Approved : Nov 4 (MyCIC received approved letter on November 5th 5 p.m.)
Mail delivery: Nov 12
Total processing time : 173 days

Applied TRV: Nov 16

Good luck everyone!

cao7

Oct 7, 2015
Hey guys, after waiting for over 6 months, finally got mine approved. I contacted a MP near my area last Friday. Then my status changed to Approved this Monday. I would say MP really helps a lot. Here is my timeline,

Submitted: April 28th
Paid $100: August 14th
Approval: November 16th
Mail: Pending

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Hey to be able to travel after getting the PGWP i need the Temporary Resident Visa right? is the document : cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5708E.PDF ?

Since my student permit expired, but my work permit arrived, what category applies to me?

- Extension of my temporary resident status
- Restoration f temporary resident status as a visitor
- initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Thanks

ulala

Oct 21, 2015
My case may not be the worst here.
But still it is so frustrating.

I applied on July 23rd.
And according to the processing time of 116 days, I should have been approved. But nope.

I contacted MP, he is new and office hasn't set up. They let me wait for them to get back to me.
I found a nearby MP who is re-elected. But the lady who answered the phone said No We don't take over issues in another area.
I filed case specific inquiry to CIC, no reply yet.
Also called CIC call centre, agent said the posted time is not the maximum. Mine is within normal processing time.
And he told me to wait.
My job application got stuck because of the delay of PGWP as well.
HR said "Connect to me when you get your work permit. We should have lots of this position available."

So I am just in the middle of waiting. No definitive words from anywhere.
It's already hard for international people to find a job. And now I'm about to lose job offers because of CIC.
Thank you officers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
numair782 said:
Hi everyone,
i have read few comments, however this is my first massage for the post.
first of all, congratulations to everyone who got their permit. secondly thank you jubaer for the help.

i applied on october 2nd, 2015 however i am hopeless to get the PGWP by the end of this year as many of the may applicants are getting their permits now a days. i have a quick question:
i have paid $255 online when i submitted my application, however when i click on the receipt number in my profile, a pdf file is downloaded automatically.
and it has blanks for my address, client id, phone number, email id etc. it is stated to print two copies of this receipt and send one copy to cic. i am confused if i should send it or not. secondly, in case if i should, then which address?

thanks and regards
:)
Muhammad Numair
Hi Muhammad, I also applied in mid-october through my credit card but when i click the receipt it downloads a pdf and shows detail of payment such as reference #, authorization code etc. Im not sure why it shows different for you. Try re-generating it and let me know

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Updated timeline:

Approval: Nov 16 (received approval letter on Nov 17)

xiaopan said:
I'd like to share my timeline:

Approval: Nov 16 (but no PDF attached)

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Canadatoday said:
Finally the suffering is over!

My application was finally approved. ;D

here is my timeline:

Submitted: April, 30
Blank updates (July, 12 - Aug, 08, and Nov, 15)
Application approved: Nov, 16
Waiting for the mail

i'm May 2nd applicant.....hopefully they are clearing those dates.....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jjuni91

Nov 16, 2015
My timeline:

Applied at June 1, 2015
Blank updates: August 13, August 19

and still waiting...

Lucky that I have a job and the employer does not care that much about my status.
Hope to get it soon to get SIN.

Good luck to you all.

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NT2015 said:
I post all the documents they required! I applied online bro. This system wont let you go through unless you post all the documents they required + fee of $100 and then sign electronically. I can only skip the additional documents (if applicable) . IF something happens, it would tell me to upload because I got may updated since my application. I used to applied for TRV before so I know they should required if I missed something. However, only black updated since then ... worry man. my flight will be on next two weeks... :mad:
Thats very strange. I sent my passport out to Ottawa from Calgary and it reached overnight. Maybe I got lucky with the immigration officer? As soon as you get the Original Passport request, do the 2 xpresspost package thing that they recommend. Canada post flies out to ottawa once a day in the nights from most major cities (Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnepeg).