Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
Timeline:

Full $255 Fees Payment and Application Submission: 11th May 2015
Blank Updates: Never LOL
Contacted CIC: 14th September, 12th October, 20th October
Contacted MP few weeks ago to no success: 21st October 2015
Approved: 9th November 2015 (Just short off by 2 days for 6 months of processing time)
Mail Delivery: 16th November 2015

Good Luck Everyone.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
thunderbird22 said:
Exactly my friend. I see all May and July applicants getting approved. But nothing from June applicants. I am a June applicant applied on June 8.
This is insane. Any helpful info when you call?? I called last week so the lady today was like no point calling, there won't be any new info to get. However, she did say that when they send a reminder message to the officer, usually the officer gives me my application answer in a week unless paperwork is missing in my application (which there isn't) so let's see if she is right.

I'm so tired of seeing my application as 'submitted' every time I log in :mad:. Makes me wish I had delayed further and applied in July, I might have had it already..

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
lokia1021 said:
Hi there, let me in :D

Applied: June 24th, 2015
Student visa expired: July 31th
Blank Updates: October 15th
Request for $100: June 24th (I paid a total $255)
Denied job: 5 times (2 times before expired)

I tried to contact my pm and found out no contact info lol

Tried call CIC twice, first time a newbie kept telling me he didn't know what happen(though he checked my file), second time the guy simply said the officer need to review again, and the maximum waiting time is next February.......oh dear Canada
What area are you in? For sure the contact info is now updated on the parliament site. If your area's MP recently changed, try the MP of an area near you and they will direct you to who can help with your riding. No way you gotta wait till Feb, that's just insane.

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am11 said:
you should your send your passport , it will be back in about a week..
I will be sending it out today after work! :)

eva2015

Oct 19, 2015
I want luck said:
Not all, I am May19 applicant, still waiting :(...
Hopefully CIC is clearing May and June applications in order, and not mess up again. so I can expect mine to be approved soon. Otherwise, I have no idea when my PGWP will be approved.
I applied in 19 may,too.nothing update neither.i got an an emailed yesterday,it said there is no update on my application.so disappointed

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
nrkamath said:
Hey Guys

Applied: May 6th, 2015
Blank Updates: June 25, June 31
Request for $100: August 21st
Approval: October 31st, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 6th, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 9th, 2015
Blank Updates: November 11
Request for Passport: November 16th (1 week after application submitted!!)
Approval: Not Yet
Mail Delivery: Not Yet
Really? How can they ask your passport even if there is no approval for TRV?
Anyway, I applied online on Oct 16 and only get few updates since then. One message of no updated on Sunday. I tried to call CIC today but the agent said the processing time is still on Oct 13. (remember that this lasted for 2 weeks so I don't know what CIC had done since then???)

I had to wait almost 1/2 year to receive my PGWP and now keep waiting for TRV which they say 14-17 days. have no clue!

I want luck

Nov 4, 2015
eva2015 said:
I applied in 19 may,too.nothing update neither.i got an an emailed yesterday,it said there is no update on my application.so disappointed
I got an NO UPDATE email too yesterday. I am expecting ours will be approved either today or TMR since most of early May applications got approval 2 days short of 6 months.
I sent another email to my new MP last Friday. and he replied to me that he sent my file to Whip's office. But what is Whip's office? And will they help me? Any one knows?

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NT2015 said:
Really? How can they ask your passport even if there is no approval for TRV?
Anyway, I applied online on Oct 16 and only get few updates since then. One message of no updated on Sunday. I tried to call CIC today but the agent said the processing time is still on Oct 13. (remember that this lasted for 2 weeks so I don't know what CIC had done since then???)

I had to wait almost 1/2 year to receive my PGWP and now keep waiting for TRV which they say 14-17 days. have no clue!
When I had to renew my TRV in 2014 (for study permit extension), they requested my passport before showing it as approved. I think once they actually put the TRV on your passport and send it back is when they close the application.
And that sucks! I wonder why they are taking forever with your application and not mine. Did you make sure you provided all your documents correctly as well as a detailed letter of explanation?

Nina B

Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys, my PGWP is finally here :)

Applied: May 15th
Paid $100 fee: Oct 26th (through CSE)
Request for $100: Nov 5th
Approval: Nov 10th
Mail delivered: Nov 16th

Thanks Jubear and all for maintaining this topic
Wish you all BEST ;)

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
nrkamath said:
When I had to renew my TRV in 2014 (for study permit extension), they requested my passport before showing it as approved. I think once they actually put the TRV on your passport and send it back is when they close the application.
And that sucks! I wonder why they are taking forever with your application and not mine. Did you make sure you provided all your documents correctly as well as a detailed letter of explanation?
I post all the documents they required! I applied online bro. This system wont let you go through unless you post all the documents they required + fee of $100 and then sign electronically. I can only skip the additional documents (if applicable) . IF something happens, it would tell me to upload because I got may updated since my application. I used to applied for TRV before so I know they should required if I missed something. However, only black updated since then ... worry man. my flight will be on next two weeks... :mad:

cannon31

Nov 16, 2015
It's almost 6 months now, unbelievable.

Applied: May 25th, 2015
Payment: Full payment on application
Blank Updates: July 11, September 7
Approval: Not showing on website (but Oct 22nd according to call center agent)
Mail Delivery: Still waiting

I'm super frustrating about this. Called their call center agent when I saw the process date pass my application date. The agent was very nice and told me my application was approved on Oct 22nd but they have not send it out yet, so he sent a note on letting the proper people know about this and send it out as soon as possible.
Then last Tuesday, I still haven't got anything so I called again and got the same reply from the agent.

So a new week, still no update on the site, called agent again this morning and still the same old "not send yet". What's with the deal of "haven't send it out yet" here, so frustrating.

Ares91

Sep 26, 2015
Hello fellow applicants,

Is there anyone who applied late july/august or september getting approved ?? the processing time still stuck at oct 30th

ss3660

Nov 16, 2015
Hello

I applied for my PGWP on June 24, 2015. I got only two blank updates about my application in which they said " your application has been updated". First update i got on October 7 and second update 15 October. Today i spoke cic agent and what he said it was unbelievable. He said your file has been sent to some other department for verification. I asked what department it is he said he don't have any idea about this and he also said how much time its gonna take he don't know. So you have to wait.

I don't know, this is the first time i have heard such kind of thing.
My study permit, visa and SIN number are going to expire by the end of this month. I have to travel to some other country in December and it is very important for me to go there.

Any one has idea what could be picture. Please help me. Its very frustrating.

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
Finally the suffering is over!

My application was finally approved. ;D

here is my timeline:

Submitted: April, 30
Blank updates (July, 12 - Aug, 08, and Nov, 15)
Application approved: Nov, 16
Waiting for the mail