19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
Hey All,

This is kind of off topic for this forum but I am sure many of you must have applied for renewal of your TRV based on your work permit. Is anyone of you already working and has applied for TRV extension based on PGWP? What would you show for "Financial Support Documents"? As with all of us, I am short of bank balance. Will my pay stubs and employment letter work? Or do I have to show sufficient balance in my bank account for a period of time?

Any help is appreciated.

Haha101

Oct 27, 2015
I've just called CIC. The agent told me my application was approved in September. They just need to print and sent it but they don't. No idea for how long they will take to sent it to me. This is crazy. If it was approved, why they don't sent it out. It's been two months.
I logged in my CIC online it says not started. :'(Nothing worse than that. I applied on May 25th, paid full amount.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
chiliwilli said:
i GOT IT!!!! GO TO YOUR MP!!!!

Check this!!! Incredible!!!

Yesterday 12:30 pm: MP office sent me an email after my call asking them for help
"Thank you for contacting our office. Please find attached our office’s Request for Help form"

Yesterday 2:00 pm I sent the Request for Help form

Today 10 am: MP office have answered me:
A query on the application status and successful resolution has been started. I will contact you as soon as I have any update.

Today 3 pm: I have just checked mycic:
A final decision has been reached: This application has been approved

May 7th applicant, paid extra $100 in August 25th after requesting by CIC.

Good luck everyone!!!
CONGRATS Chiliwilli! That's amazing, perhaps I shall try to visit your mp in person this week and see if they will help. Congrats again!

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
mets15 said:
CONGRATS Chiliwilli! That's amazing, perhaps I shall try to visit your mp in person this week and see if they will help. Congrats again!
They will help you if you are in their area or in an area close to them where the office is not stablished.

The office of Jason Kenney (Calgary SE) didnt help me, but they recommended me to go to Michele Rempel since is closer established MP to the area where i live (Calgary NW).

I hope they can help you or they can tell you what MP can help you!

Good luck everyone!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
chiliwilli said:
They will help you if you are in their area or in an area close to them where the office is not stablished.

The office of Jason Kenney (Calgary SE) didnt help me, but they recommended me to go to Michele Rempel since is closer established MP to the area where i live (Calgary NW).

Good luck everyone!
Yeah I hope so! My MP is telling me the same thing CIC is, there's nothing more they can do they said so I might as well try another MP and see if they help. Desperate and helpless now .

cmcomic

Nov 10, 2015
lauraDz said:
The mail to your old address should come in 5-10 days.
If not, I would advise you to call CIC and ensure that your new address is the only address they have on your file. Because they had my new address as "residential address" and my old address as "mailing address". Also, I would ask them to tell the exact day when you can call and ask for another copy of your document (they do that pretty quickly). This should be exactly 6 weeks since your first document was issued.
Good luck! I hope you will be able to retrieve it from your old address. It's really frustrating to wait for 6 more weeks.
Thanks lauraDz,
I get the reply of the apartment of the pld address, it seems that no one live there.
May be I could go there to check the mailbox again next week.
Anyway thanks for your help :)

angelaj

Sep 30, 2015
I received the permit by mail today.
Here is my timeline..!

Applied: May 7th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month but stopped around september, october, and november
Paid $100: May 20th, 2015
Approval: November 5th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 10th, 2015

6 months of waiting a permit was the worst experience but it is worth of waiting in the end..! Don't give up guys !!!!
This forum has provided the best resources that cic cannot even give.
Thank you, jubear and all the other applicants who constantly made this forum helpful and hopeful.
I really wish all other applicants will get approval soon!! Wish you all the best!

patric

Nov 5, 2015
angelaj said:
I received the permit by mail today.
Here is my timeline..!

Applied: May 7th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month but stopped around september, october, and november
Paid $100: May 20th, 2015
Approval: November 5th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 10th, 2015

6 months of waiting a permit was the worst experience but it is worth of waiting in the end..! Don't give up guys !!!!
This forum has provided the best resources that cic cannot even give.
Thank you, jubear and all the other applicants who constantly made this forum helpful and hopeful.
I really wish all other applicants will get approval soon!! Wish you all the best!

Congratulations!

S3samson

Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys
I am a may 15/16 applicant
still waiting
just wanted to say that this forum keeps me sane throughout this insanity
Thank you

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
chiliwilli said:

Good luck everyone!
Chili did you contact them by email? I am in Calgary too. I am trying to find someone in SW since Kent Hehr is my MP and his office is not set up yet.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
Canadatoday said:
Chili did you contact them by email? I am in Calgary too. I am trying to find someone in SW since Kent Hehr is my MP and his office is not set up yet.
i went jason kenney office in person, she told me to go the another office, which is dealing with my MP´s stuff until he get stablished. Try to know who is the MP in your area who is dealing with your MP´s stuff.

MPs wont help you if they are not your MP or they are helping your MPs in the time they are setting up the office.

First question is what is your Postal Code.

Good luck everybody

Thanks a lot jubear and rest of people sharing experiences

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
Do MP really help? I think all they do is just to make a call and try to find out the reason of the delay the same as we do.
I called the MP of my area 10 days ago and I told her my story. Today I called again for any news but she told me to call her again in 10 days because in the meanwhile she will be informed about my application .. I barely believe that this will speed up the process.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
NDUFB11 said:
Do MP really help? I think all they do is just to make a call and try to find out the reason of the delay the same as we do.
I called the MP of my area 10 days ago and I told her my story. Today I called again for any news but she told me to call her again in 10 days because in the meanwhile she will be informed about my application .. I barely believe that this will speed up the process.
That's what happened with my MP office and she snapped at me for calling again so soon and said to not call for at least 2 weeks.. I'm trying to reach out to Chiliwillis MP office to see if they will even help.

Cptzawawi

Nov 11, 2015
Hello guys..
Applied may/28th got two updates called many times last time they told me my file has been
Sent to the usa and it might take up to 4 months since they sent it they said if i don't get it before December 03 i call back!! Anyone has the same thing?? :mad: :mad:

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Cptzawawi said:
Hello guys..
Applied may/28th got two updates called many times last time they told me my file has been
Sent to the usa and it might take up to 4 months since they sent it they said if i don't get it before December 03 i call back!! Anyone has the same thing?? :mad: :mad:
USA?! Why they sent your file to USA?! :eek: