+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
mets15 said:
Hi guys

I just got off the phone with the call center and the agent was really nice and understanding. She said I should have had an answer by now and she's sending a message to the processing center to the officer to give me an answer. Anyone know how long it could take from the time she sends a message? Has anyone experienced this??
for me they said like 'if nothing will change in 3 months after we sent a request to officer to check your file again - please call'.
i asked them if it will be like this, what they will be able to do after 3 months more? and you know what she said?? "I will send one more request".

I'm done calling CIC. No results and feels like it's our fault that it takes so long to get PGWP.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Alex Z said:
for me they said like 'if nothing will change in 3 months after we sent a request to officer to check your file again - please call'.
i asked them if it will be like this, what they will be able to do after 3 months more? and you know what she said?? "I will send one more request".

I'm done calling CIC. No results and feels like it's our fault that it takes so long to get PGWP.
Oh WOW. So I guess I should cancel my Christmas holiday tickets out of here basically. :'(

This has been the most disappointing experience and it's only the first step in the immigration process. Day 138 and counting...

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
Alex Z said:

I agree, lose of time and patience!

I encourage you to go to your MP. In few hours some of them are taking action.

Cheers!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
chiliwilli said:

Cheers!
Chiliwilli, my MP's office has basically said do not contact them for at least 2 weeks as they cannot do anything more and even if they call again in two weeks, they will just be trying to send a reminder, they cannot speed it up. Hope yours pushes more..

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
mets15 said:
Chiliwilli, my MP's office has basically said do not contact them for at least 2 weeks as they cannot do anything more and even if they call again in two weeks, they will just be trying to send a reminder, they cannot speed it up. Hope yours pushes more..
Let's see! I had bad experience calling CIC, nice words and promises, nothing happened

My hope is now with my MP, they can push more than we can

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
chiliwilli said:

Cheers!
I am at this level now. I just sent a message for my MP and I am waiting... I am not sure when they will reply me back because they haven't set up their office yet. Well, Put the hands in the air and wait for a miracle! :(

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Canadatoday said:
When did you apply?
I decided to give them one more chance LOL and I called today again. I got a nice lady and she said that my file is being reviewed. The thing is my passport is about to expire that means my permit will arrive expired because the day of the permit is the day of our passport.
I decided to send the new passport through the website.

I applied April, 30. I think I am the worst situation here. Anybody else?

I applied on May 2nd... :(

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
chiliwilli said:

Cheers!
I wrote here so many times that my MP isn't set yet and at least they replied for my email that when they set up his office later this month (and you know, I do not believe any timelines anymore lol) MP will take a look. He is MP for downtown Toronto area so I guess there is a thousands of emails to take a look...

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
mets15 said:
Oh WOW. So I guess I should cancel my Christmas holiday tickets out of here basically. :'(

This has been the most disappointing experience and it's only the first step in the immigration process. Day 138 and counting...
If I were you, I wouldn't cancel it for a week-two more.. But I really lost a hope to visit my family for New Year..

I'm currently day 174.. still waiting..(

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Alex Z said:
If I were you, I wouldn't cancel it for a week-two more.. But I really lost a hope to visit my family for New Year..

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. Yeah the latest I can wait is next week as I need a TRV AND a visa to enter the country I am going to (and they wouldn't let me apply without valid PGWP and TRV). So I couldn't apply and keep. I doubt I will have time to send my passport to two different embassies.

174 days is just crazy, unbelievable how some people just didn't get it in time and you cannot even blame CIC, it's really the individual officer handling your file, he or she is being inefficient. Hope you get yours soon!!

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Alex Z said:

Alex,
Your MP is also Minster of Finance...
And I just got email from CIC...It is not three years. its till my passport expired.
Good luck

J

zsquare

Oct 23, 2015
My PGWP application is now 'approved.' ;D

Applied: May 13th
Approved: Nov 10th
Processing time: 180 days

Phew! :)

I hope all the PGWP applications are processed soon. #StayStrong

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
mets15 said:
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. Yeah the latest I can wait is next week as I need a TRV AND a visa to enter the country I am going to (and they wouldn't let me apply without valid PGWP and TRV). So I couldn't apply and keep. I doubt I will have time to send my passport to two different embassies.

174 days is just crazy, unbelievable how some people just didn't get it in time and you cannot even blame CIC, it's really the individual officer handling your file, he or she is being inefficient. Hope you get yours soon!!
Oh yeah.. Thanks for your support!))

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
kidmah said:
Alex,
Your MP is also Minster of Finance...
And I just got email from CIC...It is not three years. its till my passport expired.
Good luck

J
Yeah, that fact will also delay his ability to check emails and help out.
Just trying to stay strong)

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
chiliwilli said:
Let's see! I had bad experience calling CIC, nice words and promises, nothing happened

My hope is now with my MP, they can push more than we can
i GOT IT!!!! GO TO YOUR MP!!!!

Check this!!! Incredible!!!

Yesterday 12:30 pm: MP office sent me an email after my call asking them for help
"Thank you for contacting our office. Please find attached our office’s Request for Help form"

Yesterday 2:00 pm I sent the Request for Help form

Today 10 am: MP office have answered me:
A query on the application status and successful resolution has been started. I will contact you as soon as I have any update.

Today 3 pm: I have just checked mycic:
A final decision has been reached: This application has been approved

May 7th applicant, paid extra $100 in August 25th after requesting by CIC.

Good luck everyone!!!