+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Skylene

Sep 29, 2015
This is my status.

Applied online: July 3rd (paid full amount)
Blank email: Oct 13th
Approval : 2nd Nov (122 days from application to approval)

Mail delivery: Waiting

I really hope everyone gets their pgwp soon.

blue-j

Aug 10, 2015
Alex Z said:
I got the reply from the team who works with MP Bill Morneau

'Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently still in the process of setting up a constituency office for Bill Morneau, which we are unable to fully do until he is officially sworn in as the Member of Parliament for Toronto Centre later this month. I have flagged your email and once Bill's office is fully set up a member of his constituency staff will get in touch in order to try and assist you with your Work Permit issue.'
I got the EXACT same response from the team behind Michael Levitt! I sent an email just after 9am this morning and within an hour they replied. So I don't know what that means or how long that'll take....CIC is driving me mad now

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I am kinda of excited for my approval since I applied on July 25! I hope I will get mine later this month!

Skylene said:
This is my status.

Applied online: July 3rd (paid full amount)
Blank email: Oct 13th
Approval : 2nd Nov (122 days from application to approval)

Mail delivery: Waiting

I really hope everyone gets their pgwp soon.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
It is frustrating to see people from July start to receive their approvals and May and June still waiting. :'(

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I know, but you should be able to be faster than us (I applied on July 25).

mets15 said:
It is frustrating to see people from July start to receive their approvals and May and June still waiting. :'(

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
Is it possible to get TRV at POE after getting the PGWP? The online application is 17 days and I need to leave the country by the end of this month and havent even received my PGWP yet :(

SO FRUSTRATED! June 10th applicant :(

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
sahmed17 said:
Is it possible to get TRV at POE after getting the PGWP? The online application is 17 days and I need to leave the country by the end of this month and havent even received my PGWP yet :(

I need to know the same thing sahmed17 but I am unable to find out. I don't believe so because it is a foil sticker thing that goes on the passport. I am travelling too, I already cancelled one trip last week, I don't want to cancel my Christmas trip :(

When you call the CIC call center, what do they tell you since your past the processing time and date? I am curious because so far, my date is not online yet so they won't give me any information and keep insisting that they are working on June 20th which is complete BS. But I am curious to know how they might even help..

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahmed17 said:

No you can't get it at the POE , either you can get it in Canada or in your home country but only after your PGWP/SP/WP approval. So make sure you have a legal status in canada before you leave. Hope that helps... :)

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
An Update:

Applied May 7, paid 155
Extra 100 paid in August 24, as requested

September 26, I called CIC, they checked my aplication, they told me everything is ok, they would send an email to CIC to make a decission ASAP.

November 2, I called CIC again, they didnt want to check my aplication but I persuaded them to do it. No news, the lady told me she saw they requested CIC an update. She told me I have to wait... ::)

Now I am going to contact the MP, and since the one in my neighborhood is not stablished, my intent is to contact the one where I work, Midnapore, Calgary.

Has anybody contact The Honourable Jason Kenney? Was he helpful?

Thanks

zsquare

Oct 23, 2015
I am May 13th applicant - paid full at time of application ($255). No email/message from CIC except a blank update somewhere in August. Still waiting as of Nov 3rd - 170 days and counting. :(

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
zsquare said:
I am May 13th applicant - paid full at time of application ($255). No email/message from CIC except a blank update somewhere in August. Still waiting as of Nov 3rd - 170 days and counting. :(
What do they tell you when you call zsquare? I want to know how the agents help once your past the processing date, because they are so unhelpful otherwise. If everything was submitted and fully paid, I fail to understand why you have to wait 170 days :(. What was your correspondence with them when you called??

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
The agent put me on hold when i said my processing time has passed and said that they sent a reminder to the people processing their application who replied that "it can take upto 4 months more" She said she cant do anything else to help me and all i gotta do is wait.

All my travelling plans are ruined cus of this. Feels like im stuck and trapped in Canada :(

Would you guys recommend a paper application or online for TRV? For paper, do we send them the passport direcltly with the application? Interested in applying by paper because "apparently" its a week less.

zsquare

Oct 23, 2015
mets15 said:
What do they tell you when you call zsquare? I want to know how the agents help once your past the processing date, because they are so unhelpful otherwise. If everything was submitted and fully paid, I fail to understand why you have to wait 170 days :(. What was your correspondence with them when you called??
I only called them once in October when processing times passed May 13th. The agent said she has put in a request, and I will have to wait.

Life is on hold (SIN is expired, BC MSP is expired). There is nothing we can do without this work permit. CIC and concerned people should look into this.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahmed17 said:
The agent put me on hold when i said my processing time has passed and said that they sent a reminder to the people processing their application who replied that "it can take upto 4 months more" She said she cant do anything else to help me and all i gotta do is wait.

All my travelling plans are ruined cus of this. Feels like im stuck and trapped in Canada :(

Would you guys recommend a paper application or online for TRV? For paper, do we send them the passport direcltly with the application? Interested in applying by paper because "apparently" its a week less.
TRV is going to take less time anyway because it is based on your WP/SP ...
mine just took about 10 days i applied last year dec2014
So it doesn't make big difference....

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
Am11 said:
TRV is going to take less time anyway because it is based on your WP/SP ...
mine just took about 10 days i applied last year dec2014
So it doesn't make big difference....
did you apply online or paper?