+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Submitted on: May 15
Request/Submit additional payment: Sept 21
Still waiting as of Nov 2

Called CIC, they said there's nothing they can do at the moment except wait.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
hey chatha94 Congratulations..!! M soo HAppy...Hope my turn is Coming soon..!!!16th MAY Applicant.

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
So my MP office just got back to me and said that apparently my application is under additional review. I applied on May 29th and paid in full. I asked him why it's under additional review and he said that the call center agent didn't know why (!?). What am I supposed to do now? I tried calling them but I cant get past the freaking automated shit

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
lviva said:
So my MP office just got back to me and said that apparently my application is under additional review. I applied on May 29th and paid in full. I asked him why it's under additional review and he said that the call center agent didn't know why (!?). What am I supposed to do now? I tried calling them but I cant get past the freaking automated *censored word*
Unfortunately, only wait ((
CIC agents don't seem to be knowledgable about what's going on and do not have any helpful information.

I figured out the combination to get through automatic messages.
Call 1-888-242-2100 and when the voice will start offer options to press numbers - every time you hear a voice (you don't have to wait the whole message) press 3-2-1-0. It will get you on hold to wait for a real agent =)

savy_c

Nov 2, 2015
Applied Applied on 1st of June

Passport expiring in three months

Need valid document to renew the passport

Valid document will have the same expiry as the passport.

Didn't get once in a lifetime opportunity Due to implied status (Job requirement was to travel all over the world)

No health insurance, No credit line, no income. Hope these immigration officers put their donuts down and do some real work.

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
For call centre agent use this- 3 4 1 0
This worked for me everytime. Even when they say they are having a large volume of calls. This worked

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
mets15 said:
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Good luck for the next. I think if you explain to them how it is okay, even direct them to the page where it says it (can carry it with you to the interview) in case the question came up.. if it doesn't come up, I wouldn't even bother but if it did, you can explain it and show the page. Hopefully that helps you get the job. Good luck.

When did you apply for your PGWP?
I applied May 29th

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi! Thanks for your kind reply. That is exactly what I am worrying about if I send my transcript to them. It will complicate my case. I think I will take your advice and just wait.... thanks again. Will update my status here once I hear back from CIC.

Cheers

jubear said:
Xiaopan,

Its okay to worry, but try not to over think it and complicate the situation. In your case, its not necessary to upload a transcript. Why is this?

Because the requirement to show proof of completion of a program is;

Either a Letter of Confirmation from your college/university stating that you've completed your program.

Or a Transcript.

But not both.

However, if you feel that you need to provide a transcript through CSE, beware that it could complicate the processing of your PGWP. And that's partly because you will be wasting their time.

Again, no need to worry about a requirement that you've already fulfilled. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Guys, this may be slightly unrelated, but does anyone if I can apply for a TRV at the border once I get my PGWP (hopefully very soon)?. I have a US visa to go and come back, but I was wondering if they provide TRVs on the spot? Would be great if anyone can answer that.

Thanks.

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mets15 said:
Guys, this may be slightly unrelated, but does anyone if I can apply for a TRV at the border once I get my PGWP (hopefully very soon)?. I have a US visa to go and come back, but I was wondering if they provide TRVs on the spot? Would be great if anyone can answer that.

Thanks.
I don't think that would be necessary at all. I applied this Saturday evening for a TRV after getting work permit in the mail on Thursday and got a passport request today afternoon, ie. Monday. Based on my last experience with the process, I got it back within a week.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
BrinaBee said:
Thanks mets15,

I do not have a job yet, however, I lost 2 job offers. At the time of the first offer the employer withdrew because he did not want to invest the money in recruiting someone new only to have their permit denied (I don't think that will be the case with me but I think he had a situation like this happen to him before so he bowed out). The second employer offered me the job and made the offer open for 30 days pending my work permit, but it never came so they withdrew the offer. Now I just had a second interview with a company and I think that they want to hire me but not having the permit is an issue. I contacted CIC so that I can reassure the employer that I can work but not having a SIN might just spoil my chances. This is so frustrating as these jobs were really good jobs in my field of study.
I can so relate to this. My study permit was issued in 2012, so it did not come with a clause that I could work. And by doing a master degree, I cannot apply for a work permit unless I'm doing full-time for 3 semesters each year. But my program do not have enough courses for 3 full time semesters each year, and even if it did, there was no way I could work enough hours to cover the tuition fees for the extra courses!!

Now, I'm stuck with no SIN, meaning, even with implied status, I cannot work. 6 months has past and my life is put on hold by CIC. I have a potential job opportunity but they also set a deadline to getting the work permit approved. Time is running out, and this is the second time I'm losing another potential work that could be fantastic to kick start my career in Canada :(

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
eggsterminate said:
I don't think that would be necessary at all. I applied this Saturday evening for a TRV after getting work permit in the mail on Thursday and got a passport request today afternoon, ie. Monday. Based on my last experience with the process, I got it back within a week.
Thanks eggsterminate! That is good to know, I thought it is taking about 17 days not including the mailing time so was thinking I should just drive to the border if it is allowed as I am due to travel in December and require a visa to enter the country I am travelling to so I'm really running neck to neck here since I don't even have a PGWP approval yet, then need TRV and then the travel visa. I hope you get it back within a week, I may message to ask you!

Thanks!!

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
My updated timeline is

Coco7
Applied: July 2nd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: July 3rd, Oct 8th
PGWP Approval: Oct 30th
Mail Delivery: Pending

Congratulations to everyone that got their PGWP approved, and good luck to the ones that are still waiting