+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi Guys...

I submitted my PGWP on July 25, 2015... I paid in full. I wonder if I need to upload the receipt? It is clearly shown the amount payment when I log on Mycic. I uploaded a letter of graduation from my school but not the transcript. Is that good enough? I wasn't really worrying before, but I am not sure now... I didn't get any feedback from CIC yet, and is that possible for my to upload my transcript and receipt via case specific inquiry or something other way?

Thanks!!!

Skylene

Sep 29, 2015
If you paid full amount online i dont think you need to upload receipt. During application i think it's important to upload transcript so that they can use it to determine how long your studies took, so they can know how the length of pgwp to give you.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaopan said:
Hi Guys...

I submitted my PGWP on July 25, 2015... I paid in full. I wonder if I need to upload the receipt? It is clearly shown the amount payment when I log on Mycic. I uploaded a letter of graduation from my school but not the transcript. Is that good enough? I wasn't really worrying before, but I am not sure now... I didn't get any feedback from CIC yet, and is that possible for my to upload my transcript and receipt via case specific inquiry or something other way?

Thanks!!!
Xiaopan,

Its okay to worry, but try not to over think it and complicate the situation. In your case, its not necessary to upload a transcript. Why is this?

Because the requirement to show proof of completion of a program is;

Either a Letter of Confirmation from your college/university stating that you've completed your program.

Or a Transcript.

But not both.

However, if you feel that you need to provide a transcript through CSE, beware that it could complicate the processing of your PGWP. And that's partly because you will be wasting their time.

Again, no need to worry about a requirement that you've already fulfilled. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Lis1412

Oct 31, 2015
Hi,guys, I've been following this forum for a while, and I'm really confused about implied status...

1.I have a question regarding the implied status. I heard from my friend that I can wait in Canada after I apply for pgwp, even though my visa is expired.
But what if one day I got the the news that my pgwp is rejected? Do I need to leave Canada that day? or will there be a short time period given before I need to leave Canada?

2.And can I actually leave Canada while waiting for my pgwp? Im planning to go back to my country. But then a lot of people said its better to stay here, because if you come back later. You might not allow to pass the border. Is it true? :(

Thanks!!! :) :)

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
Hi All,

APPROVED !!! :p

Applied: May 6th
Paid $100: Aug 21st
Blank Update: Sept 27th
Approved: 31st October
Mail Delivery: Whenever I can get it

I see that they started CLEANING UP all May applications from last few days. I had contacted my MP yesterday too via email. Same day it got approved. Not sure whether it is MPs request or a co-incidence. Anyway this forum has been very productive and reached 131 pages. .

Thank you all and Jubear, I cant tell you how much happy I am! :'(of course very soon it will be your turn too.

Best Regards,
Can_Can

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
Congratulations guys, that is great news! Wish you guys all the best!
Also thanks a lot to Jubear for spreading hope in this forum!!

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Hai jubear and all

I applied May 9th and paid 100$ through CSE on August 24 after two weeks I got message from cic your payment is received. But still now waiting for work permit.once again I called cic on last Friday and call agent said that would send a memo as a reminder to visa officer for fast processing.

star1002007

Aug 17, 2015
can_can said:
Hi All,

APPROVED !!! :p

Applied: May 6th
Paid $100: Aug 21st
Blank Update: Sept 27th
Approved: 31st October
Mail Delivery: Whenever I can get it

I see that they started CLEANING UP all May applications from last few days. I had contacted my MP yesterday too via email. Same day it got approved. Not sure whether it is MPs request or a co-incidence. Anyway this forum has been very productive and reached 128 pages. Very soon it will be equal to CIC average processing time in days (or already surpassed). When these numbers become same, we can publish the contents of this forum as book with the title "How to Manage PGWP Waiting period stress". Also pass on the proceeds of book to fund additional officers ;D.

Thank you all and Jubear, I cant tell you how much happy I am! :'(of course very soon it will be your turn too.

Best Regards,
Can_Can
Congraduations!
Good luck!

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
jijialex said:
Hai jubear and all

I applied May 9th and paid 100$ through CSE on August 24 after two weeks I got message from cic your payment is received. But still now waiting for work permit.once again I called cic on last Friday and call agent said that would send a memo as a reminder to visa officer for fast processing.
In the same boat as you are, applied May 10th and I also paid 100$ via CSE around August 24th, got confirmation payment received in two weeks from CIC. Called the call center a week ago, they said will send a reminder. Now waiting. The recent approvals of many early May applicants has given me renewed hope that now the permit should come soon enough.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]congratulations to all who recieved their pgwp this week... All the the best who r still waiting.. Happy Halloween to all[/size][/size][/size]

blue-j

Aug 10, 2015
Can someone please clarify..... for those who have been getting their PGWP are you all finding out by logging in your CIC account and seeing 'approved'?

or do they notify you via email with a message saying that you have been approved??

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to keep logging on several times a day or would I be notified in some way? Checking daily has been driving me crazy since I see the same thing for the past few months 'open'

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
blue-j said:
Can someone please clarify..... for those who have been getting their PGWP are you all finding out by logging in your CIC account and seeing 'approved'?

or do they notify you via email with a message saying that you have been approved??

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to keep logging on several times a day or would I be notified in some way? Checking daily has been driving me crazy since I see the same thing for the past few months 'open'
It could be anything. In my experience, I first logged in to account and saw that my application has been " Closed" and status has been "Approved". I got all confirmation emails next day. But for my friends they first saw the email and then logged to account to find it. I never logged in several times a day, but was doing it once in couple of days. By this I am not sure which sequence it will follow.
However for your mental peace you can log in everyday to find out if any magic has happened. I suggest not to over think on it, relax and it does gets approved when it is suppose to get it. If you miss to login you will get an email anyway. They send email in any case may be earlier or later.

Best,
Can_Can

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
I just checked my account and it read updated under Details. then i checked status and messages and nothing was updated. after checking the status again changed to Submitted.
I am confused :mad:
Does anybody have any idea about why this happened??