+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

zwj1990623

Sep 14, 2015
APPlied on MAY 19th, 2 job offers turn me down because of the work permit, I called CIC, they said my application still in processing, don't know when its gonna release, its been over 5months...... I don't even know what to say..

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are frustrated, continue going public peacefully. Its working. Jumping from 145 to 132 days of processing time is unusual. Same goes for the big change in date. In the past the change in date would be 3 days no matter how long they were processing applications submitted on a certain date.

So don't give up the fight. Channel that frustration into peacefully standing up for yourselves. I'm sure CBC is doing their part to ask questions and investigate. But they can't continue helping you if you don't continue fighting for your well-being and rights.

That sudden change in days and date is really unusual. Like I said before; just because you got approved or got your PGWP doesn't necessarily mean the problem has gone away. PR applicants have been suffering for years and that's your next step to staying in Canada.

Ask yourself this; what am I going to do about it? The choice is yours.

Cheers!

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
lady0421 said:
My timeline
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th
Current Status: Waiting as of October 21st (day 173) 5 months, 20 days

Still no news... :(
I have the same timeline and still no news......

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
OMG!!!

Finally received an email saying a new message is in my inbox. Status: CLOSED, Application: Approved!

Got the PGWP for 3 years!

Got the approval on 22nd but the letter is dated 21st October 2015.

A huge shoutout and thank you to jubear who's helped me throughout in this forum at every stage.

BTW, I was a May 6th applicant so totally 5.5 months! Damn!

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats great news!! When did you submit your 100$ fee?

nevillek said:
OMG!!!

Finally received an email saying a new message is in my inbox. Status: CLOSED, Application: Approved!

Got the PGWP for 3 years!

A huge shoutout and thank you to jubear who's helped me throughout in this forum at every stage.

BTW, I was a May 6th applicant so totally 5.5 months! Damn!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
nrkamath said:
Thats great news!! When did you submit your 100$ fee?
Along with the application.

BTW, weren't you a May 1st week applicant too? Did you get approved?

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
There is an update on the CIC website, the processing time has changed and they are working on application submitted on 5th June.
I was the one applied on 26th May and so far, I didn't received neither an email or an update on my cic gckey account.
Based on your experience, do you guys think that I will receive my work permit soon?

thank you

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied May 6th, same as you. Still waiting :( This is getting ridiculous. I'm speaking to a lawyer in Ottawa to see what my options are.

nevillek said:
Along with the application.

BTW, weren't you a May 1st week applicant too? Did you get approved?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I just checked MYCIC account and the details of my application in the home page says APPROVED!!! :D I literally checked an hour ago and it only said "Submitted". I will probably be getting the approval email in the next day or so.

Let me explain to you my story and what had happened yesterday.

Here is my timeline:

Moelaghil
Applied: May 5th
Paid $100: Aug 20th (Via MYCIC online request)
Blank Update: July 23rd, July 31st
Current Status: October 22 (Almost 6 months!!)

I originally applied from the east coast but I moved to Northern Ontario for work. I called CIC when my application passed the processing time (Around Mid September) and they told me that they did all they could and I shouldn't call again for 3 months. I, very recently, attempted to contact the MP responsible for my area in ON and I was not very successful in getting through. (Emails were ignored and phone calls were not answered). :-\ It was extremely frustrating.

I finally gave up yesterday evening and I called the MP responsible for the area that I originally applied from. They were extremely helpful and understanding when I explained to them my situation. An hour later I get this email from them:

"As discussed on the phone, I have contacted CIC Ministerial Inquiries regarding your post-grad work permit.

Your application was received on May 5 and they are currently working on applications received May 16. She could see from the notes that a request had been sent to you several weeks ago, and you did comply with the request. There does not seem to be anything outstanding on your application, but it is still being reviewed. The liaison will flag the file for follow up so that hopefully will get things moving.

I also verified that your current address is on your file, so there should not be any issue with receiving your visa.

If you have not heard anything in 14 days, you are welcome to contact us again."

The request she was talking about is for the Open Work Permit payment and because I moved to ON I had requested CIC to change my address.

Not even 24 hours after receiving that email my application status got changed to approved!! Contact your MPs people!! (only if you're applicaion is past the processing time Lol). I originally didn't want to bother anyone since I was employed (I figured people really need their help more than I do) but my contract is ending soon. Also, I am currently applying for jobs and it's extremely difficult for foreign workers to find employment let alone ones without a valid work permit.

I'll update you guys when I receive my permit paper.

Another shout out to jubear!! Keep up the great work. Your updates and this forum were extremely helpful!

tjb2691

Oct 14, 2015
Received an email saying that they have received the additional $100 and that it was attached to my application. Applied May 17th and still no updates on my application. Looks like I will be contacting my MP tomorrow!

Congrats to everyone who received their PGWPs so far!

BPanthler

Sep 24, 2015
I think its a great idea to start going public. Thanks Jubear!

I have been waiting forever while they take there time with my "additional verification" of my application. That means they add 16 weeks on top of the original processing times. I applied on May 12 but i see even those who were not asked for additional verification are having problems getting their permits. I really hope they start approving us already!

I will make up a draft for cbc. I have a new liberal MP so it wouldn't hurt to go see them either.

ft395

Jun 30, 2015
I got the approval today.
Here is the complete timeline:

Ft395
Applied: June 27th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 9th, 20, 21
Approval: Oct 21 (website update on Oct 22)
Current Status: waiting for mail delivery

Good luck!

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
Congrats to all those who received there PGWPs!!!

I need your suggestion if I should inform about change of address? Any idea? I applied on May 11. Would it affect my processing time?

If somebody could share there experience with change of address and its affect on application processing time, that would be really helpful. (Can you Moelaghil?)

Thanks.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys,

Can anymore who has been approved lately tell me at around what times you are receiving emails from CIC? Anything after 3 or 4pm? And did anyone ever see an approval on a weekend? I'm supposed to fly to the States tomorrow evening, just trying to see if there's any hope of receiving an approval or even seeing it on the account online around 4 or 5pm Alberta time or this weekend?

I saw a blank update on my profile today but didn't receive an email about it at all, so just wondering if there's any hope to receive an approval on any medium.

Thanks a lot.