+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
God bless you JUBEAR!!!!!

I am really impressed by the recent developments in the forum. I was actually worried about how scared most of were in the forum to confront the situation. This issue is bigger than we know and has more far reaching consequences. I personally have been having a disturbing symptom for the past 5 days and I cant do much about it because my medical insurance is expired , I have no income and cant get affordable healthcare. I have been really scared and even afraid to sleep at times for fear of an emergency. What if something happens during this 5 Month wait?? Does the CIC consider this at all. Most of us left our homelands to contribute immensely to the country from science to art to the humanities and we get treated this way. How does the CIC expect students without income and any form of insurance at all to survive..

I suggest we apply a very intelligent approach towards the processing of these applications. Twitter is very important in these kind of protests. So are petition websites like Change.org . We simply state our case openly and outline the struggles we go through on daily basis while waiting for the absurd processing times. i don't know if this would help but a strong point could also be stating that the irony of the situation is that these exact documents take less than 2 hours to process at the border ( if this doesn't jeopardize the flagpoling route) so why does it take 5 months when applied directly to CIC.

About using emails to CBC/gopulic, I don't know the process but maybe more suggestions would shed more light on the issue.

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Meanwhile, I have two questions

1. Does anybody know about the MP office address or contact information for downtown Toronto ( Ryerson University to be precise)??
2. What are the flagpoling possibilities with a notification of completion of requirements for April 30 and degree conferral date of June 08. Study Permit and Visa are still both active ( expires 30th October ). I am really worried that I may need medical attention sooner than CIC is willing to process my documents. I applied June 10.

Responses would be highly appreciated.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
CBC Go Public is a service offered by CBC where residents can file their complaint. People use it widely, but keep in mind that CBC gets lots of complaints, even the smallest ones. CBC's team filters them and does the investigation on the ones where it is worth doing it. Something like this (PGWP delays), I think they can get a lot of juice for it. Hence I say if we all send them our grievances through their online form, we might just be able to get a solution rather than getting chewed left right center.

Cheers,
needPermit

P.S. I've already submitted mine

Oct 20, 2015
Urgent

I have applied for my PGWP on May 7th online, but I do not have any updates on the process, currently, I am working as a worker, but my SIN will expire at the end of Oct(SIN is valid for coop from 2014 April to 2015 Oct), I am wondering if I can apply for a new SIN or if I can renew the same SIN in city hall(study permit has expired on Sep 30,2015)

thank for any information

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
Guys there is a CIC complaint link as well. What do u think about it?

Congrats to all those who received there PGWPs. Also immense thanks to Jubear for lighting this up!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adlmer said:
Is there a template story, that we can share with CBC? or what are the main points to focus on?

Adlmer, and others who want to be involved in this movement,

Be as original as possible. Make it personal, concise, objective, argumentative, and no abusive language. Think through it; your personal experiences, how it has affected you, loss of job offers/loss of your job, stress, delays (how long you've been waiting since you submitted).

Again be as original as possible. Its not a copy and paste kind of thing. This should be personal, original, but with objective criticism.

Mark484

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for the link . I submitted my long story on Go Public Forum. Its totally frustrating as i haven't seen any candidate on this forum announcing that I received my work permit from since this week. I think the guys sitting in CIC are totally crazy. We should raise our voice for justice.

Thanks for good knowledge and updates

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
Mark484 said:
Thanks for the link . I submitted my long story on Go Public Forum. Its totally frustrating as i haven't seen any candidate on this forum announcing that I received my work permit from since this week. I think the guys sitting in CIC are totally crazy. We should raise our voice for justice.

Thanks for good knowledge and updates
they are retarded.

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
Attention Everyone

I believe that user HOBO420 is impersonating him/herself as one of us. This person isn't and therefore don't attempt to reply to whoever they are. These are the kind of people we have to watch out for in this struggle.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
Hi Everyone,

I did paper application. Is there a way I can check my status?

Thanks.
no only processing time estimate

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
Awesome7 said:
Attention Everyone

I believe that user HOBO420 is impersonating him/herself as one of us. This person isn't and therefore don't attempt to reply to whoever they are. These are the kind of people we have to watch out for in this struggle.
easy easy. dude u need a joint