Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Furious54 said:
Hello All

My work permit got approved on September 8 and I am still waiting for the actual work permit to arrive by mail. Can someone tell me how long does it take for the WP to arrive by mail? I live in Barrie, Ontario.

Thanks again
I got mine approved on September 10th and received it on September 16th in mail. I live in Winnipeg, MB.

So, you should receive yours by this week.

You can try calling CIC and ask them when did they put it in the mail and also confirm your mailing address with them.

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
They say that the information is updated weekly, but Last Update was: September 11, 2015

What is going on with CIC?

Cant even call them and ask because the status says they are still on May 6 applications, and I applied May 7. :mad:

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They always post updates one week back. So on the coming Friday (25th Sept) they will post an update of Sept 18th.
Youre almost there, just wait a bit longer and you will get it. I applied May 6th and I'm not expecting mine to be approved any time soon.

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
pretty_girl said:
I got mine approved on September 10th and received it on September 16th in mail. I live in Winnipeg, MB.

So, you should receive yours by this week.

You can try calling CIC and ask them when did they put it in the mail and also confirm your mailing address with them.
Hi,

I live in Winnipeg too. Quick question, have you appplied MPNP through express entry?

Thank you.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
winnipeg141 said:
Hi,

I live in Winnipeg too. Quick question, have you appplied MPNP through express entry?

Thank you.
No. I applied through regular..
There is no such category for inlands right now but MPNP will be bringing one soon.

rashidat1997

Sep 22, 2015
refused for pgwp

i was refused pgwp aug 18th because cic did not receive my $100 fee (which i made on the same it was requested) but it was saying uploaded but not submitted... on the 19th i met with an immigration consultant and she said it will take 30 days for them to review it again. its pass 30th and i only have 90 days of restoration. don't know what to do.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: refused for pgwp

rashidat1997 said:
i was refused pgwp aug 18th because cic did not receive my $100 fee (which i made on the same it was requested) but it was saying uploaded but not submitted... on the 19th i met with an immigration consultant and she said it will take 30 days for them to review it again. its pass 30th and i only have 90 days of restoration. don't know what to do.
Rashidat1997,

Welcome to the forum! You need to act smart, fast and furious before things get worse. First off, please go to this link at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp and learn about restoration of status (you don't need an immigration consultant).

Then repeat PGWP process ($255) and also pay the restoration of status fees ($200); in total $455. Legally, CIC is obligated to refund you the $100 of the OWP holders fee if and only if they've refused your application. So check your bank account or email they sent you to see that they actually did refund you. If CIC didn't refund you, then use that same $100 PDF receipt that you have.

To pay for restoration of status ($200) and OWP holder fee ($100 if necessary), use the link below:

Online Payment at: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/. Once you are there follow the instructions below:

1. Click on continue below > Accept disclaimer > Immigration > Temporary residence > Restoration of Temporary Resident Status
> type 1 (for number of applications) > Submit > Pay.

2. Click on continue below > Accept disclaimer > Immigration > Temporary residence > Open Work Permit Holder Fee > type 1
(for number of applications) > Submit > Pay.

Note
: If you've never registered on this online payment website, the system will ask you to register; other wise login with your email and password and proceed to make your payment.

The point here is to apply for both restoration of TR status and PGWP simultaneously (at the same time). As the saying goes, you kill two birds with one stone.

Good luck and stay positive.

Cheers!

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Guys,

I just got an email from CIC saying my supporting documents (I'm guessing that's my receipt) have been attached to my application.

I applied May 7, paid $100 (without a request from CIC) on Thursday, Sep 17

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
shshivam said:
Guys,

I just got an email from CIC saying my supporting documents (I'm guessing that's my receipt) have been attached to my application.

I applied May 7, paid $100 (without a request from CIC) on Thursday, Sep 17
is this that everyone should receive email which says supporting documents been attached? because i paid my $100 also on thursday, but i didn't receive any email.

rashidat1997

Sep 22, 2015
refused pgwp

thank you jubear for the information, it was really helpful. will apply for restoration now and will inform you on how it goes. i noticed i have passed the 90 days time period for applying for pgwp as i am not eligible to do that anymore. i graduated in may 20th and its more than 90 days already. please advise

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: refused pgwp

rashidat1997 said:
thank you jubear for the information, it was really helpful. will apply for restoration now and will inform you on how it goes. i noticed i have passed the 90 days time period for applying for pgwp as i am not eligible to do that anymore. i graduated in may 20th and its more than 90 days already. please advise
Rashidat1997,

The 90 days that you have been given now are about both restoration of status and PGWP. Essentially the 90 days are given to applicants who have been asked to restore. These 90 days are not the same as those that new graduates have in order to apply for a PGWP and stay on implied status.

Therefore, apply for both restoration of status and PGWP simultaneously. However, in your situation you cannot work whether you have a job or not until CIC makes a final decision on your application (restoration & PGWP).

Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: refused pgwp

rashidat1997 said:
hello jubear, please is it possible you send me your email as i have some questions to ask you.
Rashidat1997,

Please click on my username (jubear) and then click on the link that says "send this member a personal message." I will access your personal messages in my inbox of this website. You will also be able to receive my replies in your inbox as well. They are all private, nothing to worry.

Cheers!

jlsm

May 4, 2015
cohenbrother said:
is this that everyone should receive email which says supporting documents been attached? because i paid my $100 also on thursday, but i didn't receive any email.
I didnt receive any email too, but i called cic to check, they said they already received my payment and the receipt...