Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
cohenbrother said:
....omg
they put last update is September 11th but the processing date is still May 6th.
They have not done any processing for the last two weeks. :-X
i dont think they have done it right. its still showing processing time as 120 days but if you count may 6th to september 11th its actually 127 days. hope they will update it again.

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
jubear said:
Shippo7,

Welcome to the forum. Your timeline has been added. See page 76 of the forum. Good luck.

Cheers!
Thank you very much :)

keiths

Sep 4, 2015
Everyone, my Timeline...

Applied: 7th May (online - paid $155+$100 at the time of application)
Blank updates: every F** month
Mail: yet to receive.

Note: You guys need to contact your MP. No one is gonna help us. I did the same.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keiths said:
Everyone, my Timeline...

Applied: 7th May (online - paid $155+$100 at the time of application)
Blank updates: every F** month
Mail: yet to receive.

Note: You guys need to contact your MP. No one is gonna help us. I did the same.
Keiths,

Congratulations on your approval. Your timeline has been updated.

Cheers!

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Applied: May 13th paid $155

Today, Sep 17th, finally they sent me e-mail to pay extra $100.

I hope that I won't wait another one month.

vasu_26

Aug 24, 2015
I moved to a different city (of course within Canada) after applying for the PGWP. I did mention my friend's address as the mailing address on the PGWP application. Do I need to update CIC with my new address (now that I have one) or it is okay to leave the application untouched as is... ?? Just concerned about the delay if at all making any changes might just have an adverse effect ??

keiths

Sep 4, 2015
vasu_26 said:
I moved to a different city (of course within Canada) after applying for the PGWP. I did mention my friend's address as the mailing address on the PGWP application. Do I need to update CIC with my new address (now that I have one) or it is okay to leave the application untouched as is... ?? Just concerned about the delay if at all making any changes might just have an adverse effect ??
My opinion is;
No worries.. they will just drop the WP letter in your friends mail box. let him take that and save for you.
no risk.. u can leave as is..
If you change your mailing address now, CIC may get OVERconfused.

stinson24

Sep 9, 2015
Called my MP yesterday. Got back to me today telling me what I already know about the processing time and all that. I got good news though. I was told that my additional $100 through CSE had been received and that my application would "soon" be processed. In other words, They weren't of very much help asides letting me know the additional fee has been received.

Well, I guess there isn't anyway around this and my MP (Scarborough Rouge river) probably just called the regular agents at the call centre. Could have done this on my own lol.

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
stinson24 said:
Called my MP yesterday. Got back to me today telling me what I already know about the processing time and all that. I got good news though. I was told that my additional $100 through CSE had been received and that my application would "soon" be processed. In other words, They weren't of very much help asides letting me know the additional fee has been received.

Well, I guess there isn't anyway around this and my MP (Scarborough Rouge river) probably just called the regular agents at the call centre. Could have done this on my own lol.
Can you find your $100 receipt on your CIC online account? (go to your application, click "View submitted application", on "Optionall Documents")

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Jubear, I need your valuable advice..

I have booked my flight for the 29th and today I got the MP's response (within 1 day!) that says:

Hello

There was a request to the processing office by our office to take action. We received a response saying the file is put into active processing and that the file will be finalized soon. We can chcek back by end of next week.

Should I keep my address the same hoping I receive the WP by mail by 28th or take the safer route and change it to my friend's address in Canada? If I do that, she will get it with her in December. But if it arrives after 29th to my current address, I will have to tell her to travel 4 hours and fetch it from my address later, which would be a hassle.

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hi Jubear,

I applied for a PGWP online on May 7th, and I have not received any updates from CIC till now. (No request for additional $100). I tried calling them today but they just told me that they haven't started processing May 7 applications yet and told me to wait. Do you think I should pay the $100 preemptively like you suggested, would that speed up the process? Shouldn't I wait to be requested? Whats the reasoning behind paying before they ask?

Thanks,
Shivam

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
My timeline:
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: June July 31, Aug 30th
Current Status: Waiting as of September 16th (day 138)

MP's inquiry to CIC response:
“The application for a work permit extension was received on 2 May 2015. CIC letter to her online account and she was given 7 days to pay the fee for the open work permit on Aug 19. The payment was received on Aug 25, 2015. The next review is on 27 Sept 2015. The client should wait further instruction. She will be contacted if anything else is required or if a decision is made."
Followed up with MP's office, and I was informed that despite their effort to expedite my application, CIC claimed they are unable to do anything further until the review date (27 Sept) because of the 'late $100 payment' - mind you, when I received the letter requesting for the $100 on Aug 19, I paid on the same day, and yet CIC claimed the payment was not received until the 25 Aug.

10 more days of waiting until I get the next update.

I think this forum post has established a good number of former international students being marginalized as a result of CIC's lack of competence in handling PGWP applications :(

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
lady0421 said:
Followed up with MP's office, and I was informed that despite their effort to expedite my application, CIC claimed they are unable to do anything further until the review date (27 Sept) because of the 'late $100 payment' - mind you, when I received the letter requesting for the $100 on Aug 19, I paid on the same day, and yet CIC claimed the payment was not received until the 25 Aug.

10 more days of waiting until I get the next update.

I think this forum post has established a good number of former international students being marginalized as a result of CIC's lack of competence in handling PGWP applications :(
Weird response from CIC, Sep 27th is Sunday, I don't think they will review anything on Sunday.....

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Jubear, I need your valuable advice..

I have booked my flight for the 29th and today I got the MP's response (within 1 day!) that says:

Hello

There was a request to the processing office by our office to take action. We received a response saying the file is put into active processing and that the file will be finalized soon. We can chcek back by end of next week.

Should I keep my address the same hoping I receive the WP by mail by 28th or take the safer route and change it to my friend's address in Canada? If I do that, she will get it with her in December. But if it arrives after 29th to my current address, I will have to tell her to travel 4 hours and fetch it from my address later, which would be a hassle.
Nevillek,

If I were you, I would keep the address as it is. Changing it might complicate matters. But again, its really up to you to decide. If your friend is really a good friend and understands your situation, then there is no reason as to why she shouldn't help out.

Cheers!