+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shippo7 said:
Got an email from CIC this morning that requesting $100. Even though I already submitted $100 through CSE on Sep 16th. Anyway, I submitted the same receipt on CIC online system again.

Applied: May 13th
Paid $100: Sep 18th
Blank Update: July 27th, Aug 9th
Current Status: Still Waiting
Shippo7,

Good luck on the next stage of processing your PGWP. Thank you for the update. Your timeline has been updated on page 76 of the forum.

Cheers!

manaspaliwal

Jul 27, 2015
Dear Jubear and other esteemed members

My application for PGWP extension has been approved today.

I would like to share my experience with you guys starting with the introduction of my case. I had to apply for restoration and PGWP as I was not able to provide the 100 dollar receipt on time for my initial application for March 2. I received a reject on 26th May and applied for restoration on 27th May. In my application on 27th May I could not pay the 100 dollar receipt again and hence used the CSE form.

In the mean while I did not get even a single update from CIC. Around middle of August I spoke to my MP's office which happens to be the constituency of Tom Mulcair. They got in touch with CIC and told me my file was complete. Today morning I got a call from MP's office and they old me that my application is approved. I checked my CIC and it shows " approved"

There are couple of points that I would like to share from my experience.
1.If you submitted 100 dollar receipt through CIC it is attached to your application do not worry if you dont get any conformation message.
2. I guess blank updates have nothing to do with the processing. I did not get any during my case processing.
3. Please actively seek the help of your MP . They can do wonders. Go to their office explain your case to them.
4. You can even write a letter to CIC (use CSE again) explaining how important are you to the society or how can you contribute to the society. In my case I am involved in teaching and research at McGill. So this became my active selling point.

I wish every one good luck and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manaspaliwal said:
Dear Jubear and other esteemed members

My application for PGWP extension has been approved today.

I would like to share my experience with you guys starting with the introduction of my case. I had to apply for restoration and PGWP as I was not able to provide the 100 dollar receipt on time for my initial application for March 2. I received a reject on 26th May and applied for restoration on 27th May. In my application on 27th May I could not pay the 100 dollar receipt again and hence used the CSE form.

In the mean while I did not get even a single update from CIC. Around middle of August I spoke to my MP's office which happens to be the constituency of Tom Mulcair. They got in touch with CIC and told me my file was complete. Today morning I got a call from MP's office and they old me that my application is approved. I checked my CIC and it shows " approved"

There are couple of points that I would like to share from my experience.
1.If you submitted 100 dollar receipt through CIC it is attached to your application do not worry if you dont get any conformation message.
2. I guess blank updates have nothing to do with the processing. I did not get any during my case processing.
3. Please actively seek the help of your MP . They can do wonders. Go to their office explain your case to them.
4. You can even write a letter to CIC (use CSE again) explaining how important are you to the society or how can you contribute to the society. In my case I am involved in teaching and research at McGill. So this became my active selling point.

I wish every one good luck and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.
Manaspaliwal,

That is good news indeed. I'm glad you reached out to your MP. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully some Members who are or might find themselves in that same situation can gain some insight and morale.

Congratulations and good for you for not giving up!

Cheers!

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have just gotten an email from CIC that my application has been updated - and it is APPROVED ;D
FYI I applied on May 23rd and have paid in full the day of application.
My file shows as 'closed' and says application has been approved, so I guess I'm going to get the letter in a bit with details as to how long etc.

Wishing best of luck and patience to everyone who is still waiting, especially from way back in April and beginning of May.
It will pay off eventually!
Thanks for this post here, jubear it was really helpful knowing that others are in the same situation that I was in.
Now I am going to celebrate that I can keep my 2 jobs that I've started a while back already!!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JuliettaG87 said:
Hi everyone,

I have just gotten an email from CIC that my application has been updated - and it is APPROVED ;D
FYI I applied on May 23rd and have paid in full the day of application.
My file shows as 'closed' and says application has been approved, so I guess I'm going to get the letter in a bit with details as to how long etc.

Wishing best of luck and patience to everyone who is still waiting, especially from way back in April and beginning of May.
It will pay off eventually!
Thanks for this post here, jubear it was really helpful knowing that others are in the same situation that I was in.
Now I am going to celebrate that I can keep my 2 jobs that I've started a while back already!!
JuliettaG87,

Congratulations. After you've clicked on check status and messages button, have you checked the Application Messages Table of your MyCIC account to see the PDF?

Cheers!

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
jubear said:
JuliettaG87,

Congratulations. After you've clicked on check status and messages button, have you checked the Application Messages Table of your MyCIC account to see the PDF?

Cheers!
Yes, I did check the messages...none here yet, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer?!

gratuity

Sep 18, 2015
I've been following this thread for a while but finally joined.

Applied May 13th.
Blank updates every month.
$100 through CSE on July 29th.

Finally got the request to upload the OWP receipt today but I can't figure out how to. My "submitted application" looks the exact same as it did prior to the request. Did anyone else's take some time to update? I've already submitted the receipt through the CSE, could that affect it?

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
Did u applied online or paper based. Because I applied online on May 15th, called them they just told me to wait. It has been almost four months. Still no request for 100 dollars. Waiting

gratuity

Sep 18, 2015
mohsin9055 said:
Did u applied online or paper based. Because I applied online on May 15th, called them they just told me to wait. It has been almost four months. Still no request for 100 dollars. Waiting
I applied online. Called them too and they said the same thing to me. I just hope this doesn't mess up my chances.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gratuity said:

Applied May 13th.

Finally got the request to upload the OWP receipt today but I can't figure out how to. My "submitted application" looks the exact same as it did prior to the request. Did anyone else's take some time to update? I've already submitted the receipt through the CSE, could that affect it?
Gratuity,

Have you tried quitting all open browsers completely and reopened and then signed in again to your MyCIC account? If that doesn't work keep checking your account form now on until Monday. Usually you are given 7-10 days to pay/upload receipt. If you don't then you will be denied a PGWP. So just keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Cheers!

gratuity

Sep 18, 2015
jubear said:
Gratuity,

Have you tried quitting all open browsers completely and reopened and then signed in again to your MyCIC account? If that doesn't work keep checking your account form now on until Monday. Usually you are given 7-10 days to pay/upload receipt. If you don't then you will be denied a PGWP. So just keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Cheers!

Yeah, I've tried that a few times. Just submitted another CSE due to technical error. Hopefully that will work.

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
gratuity said:

Applied May 13th.

Can you post the CIC message on there?

I know a people has similar problem with you, check the CIC message, is it said “we cannot take any action in your case until such time as you resubmit your entire application with a copy of this letter and the following items”?

If so, you have to talk with CIC call center as soon as possible, it is a mistake by CIC officer. There is no way to resubmit the application because you already beyond 90 days limit.

gratuity

Sep 18, 2015
shippo7 said:
Can you post the CIC message on there?

I know a people has similar problem with you, check the CIC message, is it said “we cannot take any action in your case until such time as you resubmit your entire application with a copy of this letter and the following items”?

If so, you have to talk with CIC call center as soon as possible, it is a mistake by CIC officer. There is no way to resubmit the application because you already beyond 90 days limit.

No it's not that message. It's starts with:

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:
 Payment Receipt: Please provide the Open Work Permit Holder Fee of $100.00.
To correctly register the payment on your application using the Online Payment System, you must select the “Immigration” category and then “Temporary Residence” for a list of fee options. Select the “Open Work Permit Holder fee” option and follow the instructions to complete your payment. Save a copy of your receipt to your computer.
Please note:
All documents must be received within 7 days of receipt of this request.
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
To provide the requested document(s) from the Application Details page, click the “View submitted application” button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on the Documents Submitted page."

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
gratuity said:
No it's not that message. It's starts with:

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:
 Payment Receipt: Please provide the Open Work Permit Holder Fee of $100.00.
To correctly register the payment on your application using the Online Payment System, you must select the “Immigration” category and then “Temporary Residence” for a list of fee options. Select the “Open Work Permit Holder fee” option and follow the instructions to complete your payment. Save a copy of your receipt to your computer.
Please note:
All documents must be received within 7 days of receipt of this request.
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
To provide the requested document(s) from the Application Details page, click the “View submitted application” button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on the Documents Submitted page."
I got the same message. I think it is a technical issue. I found the upload button on “View submitted application” page.

fish0a0

Sep 17, 2015
jubear said:
Fish0a0,

Welcome to the forum. Find the link on page 76 of this forum under members timelines (Note 4).

Cheers!
Hi jubear,
Thank you for your help. I just contact my MP and will visit her this coming Monday :)