+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tanatos14 said:
Hi Jubear thanks for your reply. I should've been more precise, by email I actuality meant the messages on MyCiC account. The only messages on there are the confirmation of submission and transmission...from that moment on, the silence.
I called the call centre twice and they weren't of much help. On August 31st I left Canada (therefore I can't even call them anymore) and planning on returning on the 1st of October to start a post-doc. HR people at the University were asking to see the work permit to issue an offer letter but of course I don't have it so in order for me to start they're proceeding with the regular post doc route (pay a 230$ fee and apply to CIC for an employer specific permit I'm assuming) and I don't know what will happen now when CIC sees 2 applications for the same person...PGWP is still "open" status....thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tanatos14,

Find out more about making multiple applications to CIC at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp

Cheers!

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Tanatos14 said:
Anyone out there who applied in APRIL and hasn't received any update yet?

I applied on April 15th...didn't pay the 100$ fee because I had no idea, never received any email asking me to pay, I took proactive steps on August 20th when a friend told me about the fee, paid it and sent the receipt through case specific enquiry...nothing so far September 12th...What is happening :(...pretty desperate.
I applied on April 28th and I have got no response yet from CIC. Maybe since we sent in a case specific enquiry for the $100 form, our processing is taking a little bit longer. Although, I confirmed that the form has been received and is part of my file.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
appliedn on May 13th, two blank responds
have not got any email to re pay 100 dollars.

and my friend who applied on May 22nd has already got her papaer by mail, this kind of freaks me out. I thought I am the only person who has this problem, but I heard a lot of people have this problem.
I can not believe how they work :'(

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
vinothku said:
I applied on April 28th and I have got no response yet from CIC. Maybe since we sent in a case specific enquiry for the $100 form, our processing is taking a little bit longer. Although, I confirmed that the form has been received and is part of my file.
Gotcha vinothku thanks, I was afraid there was no one left with an April application but the fact I'm not alone makes me think there's not necessarily something wrong with mine specifically (same thing goes for you)...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well.

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
I applied on May 15th still there is no request for 100 dollars, Don't know when i will get approval. Also this time they didnt updated the processing times. Application is open.

katebui

Sep 14, 2015
Hi!
I am new babie in this forum. I applied my post work permit on May 25 and I am still waiting. I have some questions, and I hope that someone can help me. I took ECE (early childhood educator) certificate (1year ) from 9-2014 to 4-2015 and this program has the filed placement ( practicum) as the part of the course (unpaid). I got my work permit during that time too. My question is:
1. Do i need the coop work permit for field placement?
2.I did not know that i need medical exam for my work permit (ECE program) since i have been here for 5 years already, so I thought that I did not need one. Then, I did not apply upfront for my medical exam, and now i am waiting for the request from Cic. Will they contact me for medical exam or just refuse my application?
Thanks

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
mohsin9055 said:
I applied on May 15th still there is no request for 100 dollars, Don't know when i will get approval. Also this time they didnt updated the processing times. Application is open.
Same here man. May 15th applicant, still waiting for any update. . . . :mad:

behzadtp

Aug 12, 2015
Hello Guys,

I applied on May4th and got the approval today. Had to get MP office involved though. when MPs assistant called CIC they said the suggested bring forward date is September 22nd so they asked to expedite my application since it exceeded processing time. I strongly recommend you go to your MP office if your processing time exceeds average processing times.

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Guys,

About the number of days, shouldn't we be counting only business days instead of all days?

I applied on May 7, its been 131 days, but only 90 business days.

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
behzadtp said:
Hello Guys,

I applied on May4th and got the approval today. Had to get MP office involved though. when MPs assistant called CIC they said the suggested bring forward date is September 22nd so they asked to expedite my application since it exceeded processing time. I strongly recommend you go to your MP office if your processing time exceeds average processing times.
When did MP office called CIC?

dream_hunter

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
anyone applied paper based around mid june and got their PGWP?

I applied mid june to renew my PGWP for the remaining 1 year that i did not get for my passport validity.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
I contacted my MP Alice Wong, and her assistant made the inquiry to CIC, with forwarded the following information:

After making an inquiry to CIC, we received the following information:

“The application for a work permit extension was received on 2 May 2015. CIC letter to her online account and she was given 7 days to pay the fee for the open work permit on Aug 19. The payment was received on Aug 25, 2015. The next review is on 27 Sept 2015. The client should wait further instruction. She will be contacted if anything else is required or if a decision is made."

I thanked her for her help and also asked if she can help with expediting my application.

Waiting for a response now.

Hardik0730

Jul 29, 2015
ON CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone i finally receive my pgwp today.
Here is my time line
Applied on may 12th
Paid $100 and upload reciept on Aug 19th
Approved on 4th Sep and got confirmation email on 5th
Receive in mail today sep14th.
Total processing time 125 days.from application to receive in mail.
Hope you all get your pgwp soon.