Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
needPermit said:
Hey Guys,
For those who submitted their $100 through CSE, did you guys get any email from them saying that the documents you submitted (fees receipt) has been attached to the application.

I am a May 15th applicant and I uploaded the additional $100 receipt thru CSE on Aug 18th. I was not expecting any email acknowledging that they received that receipt. But today I got an email from them saying, "Please note that we have received your supporting documents and we have attached them to your application."

I just want to know if anyone else who paid thru CSE received this kind of email or not.

Cheers,
needPermit
I applied on May 10th and paid 100$ on August 21st via CSE, but haven't receievd any such notification. Maybe in the coming week.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Ana6869 said:
Does anyone here know how to get a letter from CIC stating that you are allowed to work under implied status( even if my off campus work visa is expired)?

I applied May 28th so it looks like it will still take at least 1 more month for my visa to be approved...

I am currently working part-time and the company wants to hire me full-time but they think they have to wait until I get my PGWP.

This situation is so stressful because employers are not up-to-date with CIC's implied status rules and we all have to pay rent at the end of the day.
Yes. I called them and simply ask them can I or not keep my job since I applied for PGWP very next day after I graduated. They told me that I can and offer me the letter that confirms such thing. So of course I accepted and they sent me an e-mail immediately. The phone number is 1-888-242‑2100.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi jubear,

My study permit/TRV is expiring on Monday, 31st August and I'm still waiting on my PGWP since May 2nd. I'm going crazy. Can I stay in Canada after 31st August??

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hi jubear,

My study permit/TRV is expiring on Monday, 31st August and I'm still waiting on my PGWP since May 2nd. I'm going crazy. Can I stay in Canada after 31st August??
Yes, you can. Implied Status is not only about being able to work or study but also about staying and living in Canada legally until CIC makes a decision on your application. Otherwise most people would be deported right away. Enjoy your stay.

Cheers!

HamadY

Jul 7, 2015
Hi guys

Here is my timeline update:
Applied in May 6th
Blank update Every month
Application is updated July 24, August 17, August 29
Paid extra 100 through CSE in July 24
Application approval August 29
Mail Delivery Pending

I really hope everyone get his PGWP soon. Also, big thanks to Jubear.

Good luck guys

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HamadY said:
Hi guys

Applied in May 6th
Blank update Every month
Mail Delivery Pending

I really hope everyone got his PGWP soon. Also, big thanks to Jubear.

Good luck guys
HamadY,

That is indeed good news. Congratulations! I'm happy for you. Hopefully you get your hands on the PGWP next week. Thanks for the update. I will make changes to the timelines soon.

Cheers!

Nik_McGill

Jun 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

Applied : 28th May 2015
Paid: $255
Blank Updates: Twice in the middle of August
Approval: pending (applied to withdraw my online application)

...... I decided to flagpole, here's my experience (BC, Peace Arch Crossing)

From Bridgeport station, at 7.15 am, I took the Bus 351 to the town of White Rock, and subsequently, a $15 taxi to the border crossing. I was greeted by a Canadian officer who asked me why I was here, I said that I wanted to apply for a PGWP. He said "walk on the right side, follow the footpath till the US crossing, tell them that you want to flag pole, and walk back here"

So I walked over to the american building, (15 min walk through a beautiful park), i told the officer in the american building that I want to flagpole, he looks at my passport, and fills up a white sheet of paper and says I'm supposed to show this to the Canadian side.

With that, I walk back to the Canadian side, and go through the crossing meant for pedestrians and cyclists. I hand the officer the white piece of paper, he takes my study permit and passport, and my university letter and fills out a yellow piece of paper and sends me into the Canadian building.

Once in the building, the officer asks what I'm applying for. He asks why I'm applying so late - to which I tell him that I applied online earlier at the end of May but due to processing time delays and the fact that my employer requires a work permit, I had decided to flagpole. I show him my transcripts (he wants to ensure no disruptions in university semesters). He asks why I'm in BC (being a graduate of McGill) , I tell him I have a job offer in Vancouver and he takes the job offer letter too with my passport and university letter, transcripts. 25 minute later, he gives me my Open PGWP work permit (3 year validity) and I pay $255 with my credit card.

He then tells me to withdraw my online application after which I head back to Vancouver. All done by 1015 am.

I'd advise anyone who needs a PGWP urgently due to stricter employers, future travel plans, peace of mind etc and who is eligible to flagpole, GO DO IT! It's worth it. even the extra $255 (there's a chance of refund I hope).

Good luck all, and thank you JUBEAR, your advice has been priceless. :)

dirichletot

Aug 28, 2015
Congratulations! BTW, you got an update on Saturday?!

HamadY said:
Hi guys

Applied in May 6th
Blank update Every month
Mail Delivery Pending

I really hope everyone get his PGWP soon. Also, big thanks to Jubear.

Good luck guys

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Nik_Mcgill, Did you speak to the CBSA officer before you left Canada asking him if this was possible? My TRV and study permit have expired and I too have a time limitation (applied May 6th) as my employer will rescind my offer on Sept 4th.
Im worried i'll cross the border, come back and then get turned away due to expired TRV and loss of implied status.

Nik_McGill said:
Hi everyone,

Applied : 28th May 2015
Paid: $255
Blank Updates: Twice in the middle of August
Approval: pending (applied to withdraw my online application)

...... I decided to flagpole, here's my experience (BC, Peace Arch Crossing)

From Bridgeport station, at 7.15 am, I took the Bus 351 to the town of White Rock, and subsequently, a $15 taxi to the border crossing. I was greeted by a Canadian officer who asked me why I was here, I said that I wanted to apply for a PGWP. He said "walk on the right side, follow the footpath till the US crossing, tell them that you want to flag pole, and walk back here"

So I walked over to the american building, (15 min walk through a beautiful park), i told the officer in the american building that I want to flagpole, he looks at my passport, and fills up a white sheet of paper and says I'm supposed to show this to the Canadian side.

With that, I walk back to the Canadian side, and go through the crossing meant for pedestrians and cyclists. I hand the officer the white piece of paper, he takes my study permit and passport, and my university letter and fills out a yellow piece of paper and sends me into the Canadian building.

Once in the building, the officer asks what I'm applying for. He asks why I'm applying so late - to which I tell him that I applied online earlier at the end of May but due to processing time delays and the fact that my employer requires a work permit, I had decided to flagpole. I show him my transcripts (he wants to ensure no disruptions in university semesters). He asks why I'm in BC (being a graduate of McGill) , I tell him I have a job offer in Vancouver and he takes the job offer letter too with my passport and university letter, transcripts. 25 minute later, he gives me my Open PGWP work permit (3 year validity) and I pay $255 with my credit card.

He then tells me to withdraw my online application after which I head back to Vancouver. All done by 1015 am.

I'd advise anyone who needs a PGWP urgently due to stricter employers, future travel plans, peace of mind etc and who is eligible to flagpole, GO DO IT! It's worth it. even the extra $255 (there's a chance of refund I hope).

Good luck all, and thank you JUBEAR, your advice has been priceless. :)

issuetree

Aug 19, 2015
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who applied in the last week of April (24-30) received approvals?
A couple of my friends who had applied in May have received their approval, so wondering if its a problem with my specific application, or the whole lot which applied at the end of April.

vig0610

Aug 26, 2015
issuetree said:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who applied in the last week of April (24-30) received approvals?
A couple of my friends who had applied in May have received their approval, so wondering if its a problem with my specific application, or the whole lot which applied at the end of April.
Hi issuetree,
I applied on April 29th. And I got $100 payment request on August 19th. Paid $100 right away. Still waiting for approval :( :( :(
When did you apply?

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
issuetree said:
Applied on 30 april heard nothing till now 121 days past

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys

Emergency question. Can you flagpole with an expired TRV and expired work permit? i.e. on implied status only? I have an urgent situation with my employer.

Nik_McGill

Jun 13, 2015
nrkamath said:
Hey guys

Emergency question. Can you flagpole with an expired TRV and expired work permit? i.e. on implied status only? I have an urgent situation with my employer.
Hey, you cannot flagpole if your study permit OR trv has expired. You need to have both of these to be valid.

To all those who had questions on travelling out of North America after graduation, after applying for a PGWP but on a valid study & TRV visa : It's possible.

I entered Canada from Asia on the 28th of August. My permit expires on 31st August. The officer at YVR did ask me what I was planning to do after my status was to expire in 3 days. I just told her that I had already applied online and was expecting it in the next few days & that if my application were unsuccessful, I'd leave Canada. She let me through.

I flagpoled the next day and got the PGWP (with 2 days still left on study permit/TRV)