Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

star1002007

Aug 17, 2015
Hi,

Add me to the list @ jubear with the following info:
Applied on: May 15th 2015 (Paid $155)
Blank update: NA

I want to ask some questions
1. I will leave Canada from AUG 24 to OCT 12. So, I want to change my mail address. I already went to Canada post and did the mail forward, however I am not sure they will transfer my PGWP to the new location. If mail forward is not working, can I call CIC and change my address through CSE?
2. My SP and Visa are expired. If I don't get the PGWP, do you know any way I can come to Canada? Thanks sooooo much. So worried about my PGWP and VISA

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
star1002007 said:
One more thing to ask
I only paid 155 for PGWP.
Can I upront $100?
Please visit page 47 and follow Jubear's post for payment. I am pasting below an excerpt for your convenience.

4. If you paid only $155 and never paid the extra $100 for all OWP holders, please visit these two sites to pay the remaining balance:
a) Online Payment at: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en. Once you are there follow the instructions below:
Click continue below > Accept disclaimer > Immigration > Temporary residence > Open work permit holder fee > type 1 for number of
applications.

b) Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.63908399.108801500.1431902909
Use this online form to upload the PDF receipt you received. First fill in your UCI, address, phone etc. Scan and upload it to the
CSE. Also, type a short precise message (in the message box) indicating your reasons. In that message don't forget to include
your online Application Number that begins with a W.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Deepicka said:
Please visit page 47 and follow Jubear's post for payment. I am pasting below an excerpt for your convenience.

4. If you paid only $155 and never paid the extra $100 for all OWP holders, please visit these two sites to pay the remaining balance:
a) Online Payment at: <somel link>. Once you are there follow the instructions below:
Click continue below > Accept disclaimer > Immigration > Temporary residence > Open work permit holder fee > type 1 for number of
applications.

b) Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) at: <some link>
Use this online form to upload the PDF receipt you received. First fill in your UCI, address, phone etc. Scan and upload it to the
CSE. Also, type a short precise message (in the message box) indicating your reasons. In that message don't forget to include
your online Application Number that begins with a W.
Wait, for those who only paid $155, I thought that CIC would ask us (in some sort of online message/email) to pay the additional $100 when they are ready to process our application.

Based on Deepicka's comment, it seems that I am expected to pay that $100 fees in advance no matter what (even without any sort of notification or email from CIC). Is that correct. Text on CIC's website contains ambiguity.

If this question has been answered before, please accept my apologies.

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
Hi All,

My PGWP has been approved today. Find below my updated timeline:

Applied: May 5th
Paid $100: July 31st (Through CSE), and requested for on August 13th
Blank Update: July 23rd, July 31st, Aug 14th
PGWP Approval: August 18th
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 106 days (From submission to approval)

Best of luck to all !

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
needPermit said:
Wait, for those who only paid $155, I thought that CIC would ask us (in some sort of online message/email) to pay the additional $100 when they are ready to process our application.

Based on Deepicka's comment, it seems that I am expected to pay that $100 fees in advance no matter what (even without any sort of notification or email from CIC). Is that correct. Text on CIC's website contains ambiguity.

If this question has been answered before, please accept my apologies.
I think if you pay through CSE on your own, CIC will ask you to upload the receipt (the same happened to me). If you don't pay, they'll request you to pay. I don't see any harm or benefit in both cases as the processing times would stay the same. You can upload the receipt or pay in a few minutes so it all depends on when do they ask you.

manaspaliwal

Jul 27, 2015
jubear said:
Manaspaliwal,

From what I've seen; yes, anything is possible. You can see that some members are way over 112 days of processing time. But since you applied for restoration, I would encourage you to seek for help from your MP in your area. I strongly believe that your situation is a little different and the processing of your PGWP can be expedited by the help of your area MP. Gather all documents, receipts, UCI #, and application # of your original application and go to the MP's office next week. He/she can help in situations like this. See note 3 under Members' timelines to locate your MP using the link I provided. Let me know what you find out from your MP's office. Good luck.

Cheers!

Hello everyone

I would like to share my experience of visiting the MP's office. A brief background of my case: My post graduate work permit renewal ( was issued to passport expiry date) was rejected as CIC did not receive the 100 dollars receipt on time. I applied for restoration on 27th May and did not get any updates. I had to pay the 100 dollars fee again and used CSE to upload the receipt.

So there was some confusion regarding my local MP: anyways I contacted Mr. Thomas Mulcair and Dr. Marc Garneau office ( Montreal area). I could not see them but their staff was super helpful. They patiently listened to my case and assured me that they will follow up the case with CIC. So I heard from them this afternoon and they said my file is complete and they have received all my payments ( all though I did not get any updates whether my 100 Dollars payment is attached to the receipt ). They also told me that my file will be processed in due course and I should hear something by mid September. Another interesting aspect is that there is no way to expedite any application until you are a physician attending patients.

Another common thing that I heard form both the offices is that they were very concerned about the lengthy processing times and the payment method of 100 dollars fee for March to May applicants. They also asked CIC why do the applicants have to attach the 100 dollars receipt if the payment is made online. For this CIC answered that the payment is made to some central place and there is no way for CIC to know this. At this reply the MP offices expressed dissatisfaction. Nevertheless, they were not able to expedite my case but there were lot of positives which came from the meeting.

Now even the MP's are aware as how flawed the payment system was and so many applicants had to suffer because of this. The other thing is that if you paid 100 dollars through CSE it is attached to your application even if you did not receive any updates. Thirdly, they can follow up on your cases and get the information for you. Lastly, I was assured by MP offices that they will get in touch with me around mid September to know the progress of my case.

-Thanks
Manas

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Hi Deepicka,

I was just wondering if you applied online or on paper.

I applied online on april 30 and also submitted extra 100 doller receipt with the application and have not heard anything about the application...

very much tensed as its already 111 day today .....

Deepicka said:
Hi All,

Best of luck to all !

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
sidaktoronto said:
Hi Deepicka,

I was just wondering if you applied online or on paper.

I applied online on april 30 and also submitted extra 100 doller receipt with the application and have not heard anything about the application...

very much tensed as its already 111 day today .....
I applied online.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Deepicka said:
I think if you pay through CSE on your own, CIC will ask you to upload the receipt (the same happened to me). If you don't pay, they'll request you to pay. I don't see any harm or benefit in both cases as the processing times would stay the same. You can upload the receipt or pay in a few minutes so it all depends on when do they ask you.
One more question. When you say "pay through CSE", you mean to pay through their payment portal and upload the receipt through Case Specific Enquiry (CSE)?

Hold on, I think I am going paranoid now. Hahahahaha :'(

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
needPermit said:
One more question. When you say "pay through CSE", you mean to pay through their payment portal and upload the receipt through Case Specific Enquiry (CSE)?

Hold on, I think I am going paranoid now. Hahahahaha :'(
Yes, i meant that. I followed Jubear's post and did what he said. Thanks to him, i don't regret.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepicka said:
Hi All,

Best of luck to all !
Deepicka,

Congratulations! At last you got it :) I will update the timelines soon.

Thanks for sharing your update. Hopefully you get the PGWP in the mail soon.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manaspaliwal said:
Now even the MP's are aware as how flawed the payment system was and so many applicants had to suffer because of this. The other thing is that if you paid 100 dollars through CSE it is attached to your application even if you did not receive any updates. Thirdly, they can follow up on your cases and get the information for you. Lastly, I was assured by MP offices that they will get in touch with me around mid September to know the progress of my case.

-Thanks
Manas
Manas,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully things will work out for you soon.

Cheers!

issuetree

Aug 19, 2015
Long time lurker here. Put me in as well.

Applied online - April 28
Blank Updates - April 29, July 9 (At 11.30 pm, on a Friday!), August 11
Request to pay $100 - August 17
PGWP approval - pending

Cheers,

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
issuetree said:
Long time lurker here. Put me in as well.

Applied online - April 28
Blank Updates - April 29, July 9 (At 11.30 pm, on a Friday!), August 11
Request to pay $100 - August 17
PGWP approval - pending

Cheers,
did you paid it online and submitted through CSE or you just paid after getting the request in august 17.

I am April 30 applicant still waiting for approval.....