+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

ssas

Jul 13, 2015
ssingh5 said:
Hi Jubear/ All of the forum members

I am going for a flagpole tomorrow. Just need to ask couple of things.
I have US visa and My canada visa / SP expires 31st August 2015.

Also, as my course was a Masters CS Degree of 2 yrs but i completed 4 months earlier (i.e. sep 2013 - May 2015 / 20 months)
So am i eligible to get 20 months WP or 3 yrs WP ?? I have heard some people are saying if you flagpole may be they ll issue only 20 months WP.
I want to know from any one of those who had the same situation and did flagpoling.

Please its urgent.
Hi Ssingh5,

I was in the exact same boat as you are i did my 2 year masters which started in august and ended in April/may so technically not two years but since it is 4 semesters, it is considered two years and hence eligible for 3 years of WP. I flagpoled at the montreal US border and got the pgwp. So, hopefully you should get it too.

Wishing you all the luck you need!

cheers!

pewhy

Jul 21, 2015
Hello all!

I posted a while ago about my co-op work permit application. I realize it's unrelated but just wanted to update to let everyone know it was approved on July 29th (applied April 21st). I have a couple of questions though:
1) I still haven't received it in the mail. Does anyone know how long mailing a document usually takes? I live in downtown Toronto so I didn't think it would take this long.
2) Does anyone know if I need the physical work permit to apply for a SIN? I have the document ID of my work permit, could they just look it up and grant me a SIN? I have a job offer waiting and I'm scared I might lose it because I don't have a SIN yet and I don't want them to wait another week or two to get my physical permit...

Thanks!

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi ssas

I did it today through flagpole. got 3 yrs WP.

i want to know now, how can i withdraw my application ?? As i have paid 100$ fee seprately and 155$ fee with application.
\Will i get the refund for both .???

ssas said:
Hi Ssingh5,

I was in the exact same boat as you are i did my 2 year masters which started in august and ended in April/may so technically not two years but since it is 4 semesters, it is considered two years and hence eligible for 3 years of WP. I flagpoled at the montreal US border and got the pgwp. So, hopefully you should get it too.

Wishing you all the luck you need!

cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssingh5 said:
Hi ssas

I did it today through flagpole. got 3 yrs WP.
i want to know now, how can i withdraw my application ?? As i have paid 100$ fee seprately and 155$ fee with application.
\Will i get the refund for both .???
Ssingh5,

Congratulations! See about CSE on page 37 under notes in the timelines.

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi Jubear

I didnt find any thing in Case specific enquiry to withdraw online application on page 37.
Can you please highlight ??
What kind of CSE should i raise and what reason should i provide ??

jubear said:
Ssingh5,

Congratulations! See about CSE on page 37 under notes in the timelines.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssingh5 said:
Hi Jubear

I didnt find any thing in Case specific enquiry to withdraw online application on page 37.
Can you please highlight ??
What kind of CSE should i raise and what reason should i provide ??
Click on the link I provided about CSE. Fill out the info.
Under Enquiry: Type of Application; choose Withdraw of online application

In the message box write a precise short message and include your online application number (begins with a W) and the date you submitted that online application. Dont upload a document. Once you click send, CIC will get back to you in a day or two with a message stating how long it will take for you to get your refund.

Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pewhy said:
Hello all!

I posted a while ago about my co-op work permit application. I realize it's unrelated but just wanted to update to let everyone know it was approved on July 29th (applied April 21st). I have a couple of questions though:
1) I still haven't received it in the mail. Does anyone know how long mailing a document usually takes? I live in downtown Toronto so I didn't think it would take this long.
2) Does anyone know if I need the physical work permit to apply for a SIN? I have the document ID of my work permit, could they just look it up and grant me a SIN? I have a job offer waiting and I'm scared I might lose it because I don't have a SIN yet and I don't want them to wait another week or two to get my physical permit...
Thanks!
Pewhy,

1. Prepare for 7 to 15 working days of waiting.
2. Yes, you need your physical CWP to apply for a SIN and your passport.

Having said that, print out the original email and attached PDF and head out to Service Canada. Talk to them politely and see what they say.

Lastly, I don't believe that your prospective employer will deny you the job. Most important thing is CWP. The SIN is easy can be achieved in an hour if not minutes. Again talk to your prospective employer and show them the original email from CIC about your CWP approval. Let them know that you intend to get the SIN as soon as the CWP arrives in the mail. I'm sure your prospective employer will understand. Just be upfront and honest about it. Good luck.

Cheers!

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
Does anybody know if you can flagpole for your PGWP along with your dependent's visitor visa extension or not? Also please confirm that having a US visa on your passport is not a condition for flagpoling. Can i go to border without US visa?

Its been 90+ days. I am confused if i should wait more or go for flagpoling as my current status expires on Aug 31 and my employer is asking for new SIN :-( Thanks.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Deepicka said:
Does anybody know if you can flagpole for your PGWP along with your dependent's visitor visa extension or not? Also please confirm that having a US visa on your passport is not a condition for flagpoling. Can i go to border without US visa?

Its been 90+ days. I am confused if i should wait more or go for flagpoling as my current status expires on Aug 31 and my employer is asking for new SIN :-( Thanks.
A few days ago I called the CIC and ask them could I keep my job after my work permit and SIN expired. They said yes if I already have a job, and I do not have to bring to an employer any new additional document since I applied for PGWP before my previous work permit was expired. They asked me do I want them to send me an email that confirm this, I said yes and they done that immediately. So I would recommend you to call them and to request for the same letter in order to give that to your employer. Also, when I called them, automatic message said that processing time in this moment is 100 days for online applicants and 104 for paper applicants. So I believe you should get your permit in one or two weeks.

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
beogradjanin1 said:
A few days ago I called the CIC and ask them could I keep my job after my work permit and SIN expired. They said yes if I already have a job, and I do not have to bring to an employer any new additional document since I applied for PGWP before my previous work permit was expired. They asked me do I want them to send me an email that confirm this, I said yes and they done that immediately. So I would recommend you to call them and to request for the same letter in order to give that to your employer. Also, when I called them, automatic message said that processing time in this moment is 100 days for online applicants and 104 for paper applicants. So I believe you should get your permit in one or two weeks.
Ok thankyou. Yeah i hope to recieve it soon now. Actually i called CIC call centre many times but they dropped the call automatically after the computerized announcements and never transferred to an agent. Would keep on trying.

FN111

Jul 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone tried flagpoling with expired work permit but under implied status?

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Guys, please consider adding me to the waiting list. Might as well wait with you all.

Application Date: May 25TH 2015
Paid: $255.00 (One Time Payment)
Updates: 2 Email (No Progress)

Sincerely/Munna

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
FN111 said:
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone tried flagpoling with expired work permit but under implied status?
From what I read is if you are from TRV exempt country, it shouldn't be a problem. If you are not from TRV exempt country, you can still Flagpole, if you returning from US or few other places. Please check the following "Topic: Did you FLAG POLE around border to get WORK PERMIT? Please respond with result".

Additionally, the following links might address you concern.
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-83.html#docCont

Sincerely/Munna

Soleum

Aug 5, 2015
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the thread first of all, it really does contain a lot of information.
I have two questions, and any pointers will be greatly appreciated:

1- I'm a recent MBA grad and my grades have been posted on April 28th. I did apply online on June 10th, paid $255, but I am getting worried since the processing times keep increasing. My SP expires on Sept. 30th. I'm eligible for a 3yr PGWP, but as of now I am no longer "within 90 days" of my degree completion date. Given this, can I still go for the flagpoling option? Will "not applying within 90 days" be a problem?

2- My passport expires in Feb 2017, which means I'm not getting a 3yr PGWP right away, but I'll have to ask for an extension once I get a new passport (right?). Does anyone know what the cost of that is? And I guess I should apply for a TRV AFTER I extend the work permit to full 3 years?

Thanks guys, much appreciated ;)

sany2317

Jul 7, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got my three-year work permit last Friday by flagpoling as well, I am so happy now, hopefully everyone can get it as soon as you wish!
Thank everyone for sharing your experience which helped me a lot for my preparation.

Good luck!