+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hello Friends, I have submitted my online application on July 1st. Paid $255. I received a confirmation that my application is received and that's it. No blank update after that. Is it normal? Any ideas ?

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
thineshbio said:
Hello Friends, I have submitted my online application on July 1st. Paid $255. I received a confirmation that my application is received and that's it. No blank update after that. Is it normal? Any ideas ?
I submitted mine on June 25 and I got the update right away after confirmation message. If you worry I would just call the CIC. Today I was calling them and I did not wait longer than 5 minutes that somebody answer to my call. So I would just call them but I do not see the reason to worry since you got the confirmation message.

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi thanks for the reply. I got the confirmation page right away. Bit I know some people say that they get blank updates every month but I did not receive any. That makes me a bit worried.

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
beogradjanin1 said:
Processing time is getting longer just because people do not read conditions from the CIC. Most of you guys have paid only $155 and the real price is $255. So, what I have read here is that most of you get information that you owe extra $100 after 2 months. Instead that all of us get PGWP after 2 months we have to wait for all of you who did not pay the right price to process your application. That's why we have to wait more than 100 days. I am not trying to be rude or to give anyone lesson, but I just cannot believe that so many people have paid the wrong amount. If you carefully read conditions you will find out that if you do not submit all documents or if you do not pay the right amount that processing time will be longer. That's exactly happened to all of us now. So guys do not be cheap pay the right price and let immigration do their job, if you do not do your part how it spouse to be, then you cannot blame somebody else for not doing their job.
Beogradjanin1,

Its such a shame that someone like you who has never contributed to this forum, comes around to look down on others. Your arrogance and calling Members 'cheap' is very disgusting.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Awesome7 said:
Beogradjanin1,

Its such a shame that someone like you who has never contributed to this forum, comes around to look down on others. Your arrogance and calling Members 'cheap' is very disgusting.

First time I used this forum in 2013, so I am using the forum, for example I have 47 posts and you 13. Maybe not this page but I do use the forum. Also, I apologized to all people who got offended by my comment, however, I would like to say again please pay the full price of $255. I know someone thinks that this is not the reason for delay, however, if CIC has to go back to the month of April to process applicants that means that May, June and July applicants has to wait longer until April get cleared up. I was not aware what was the reason that people did not pay the correct amount and because of that I have apologized to all that I have offended. But again to new applicants, please pay the full price of $255, thanks!

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi Jubear, could you please add the infos about finding Local MPs for help? One of my friend also get her work permit after consulting the MP, she was the same boat as me, PGWP march applicant. I also want to try to help those who still struggling on waiting for their wp.
I posted this discussion five months ago, my initial thought was to asking someone to share infos and give me some advice or help. However, one amazing and wonderful thing happens, it becomes a platform for people share and helping others. I was so touched, not only because I got a lot of help, but also people here supporting each other. When I was in that really dark and desperate time, people on the form email me, reply me, offers me so much advices. I told some of my friend here, I was almost packed up my bags to go back to my home county since my case was over due so long, and the call agent told me several times it might be possible for me to Wait another 3 months. But eventually, I got it and start a decent job.
I still remember when I applied for my PGWP on March, there is no clear clue or notice for me to know I need to pay the extra $100 dollars, we are not trying to play tricks with the system, also we are not trying to avoid the extra payment. Nobody want to take the risk of that, it just simply because we don't know and the system sucks. My half day salary was higher than $100 dollar and why I am wasting 5 months just to avoid that little money? I started worked for government as a student last year, and this year I become a full time employee. Let me tell why in summer it tales so long to process. As in my group, normally we have 10 people, because it's in summer time, 7 people leave without pay. Only 3 of us working now, and usually every 14 days we worked, we can have one eared day off. The government is really restricted on overtime, it needs the upper
Head to authorite that, so usually we don't do OTs. So if someone really want to blame something, plz blame Harper government, they the fundings of hiring more people, and they want to leave the opportunities for local people. I am a sensitive person and I got pissed of by that words "cheep" etc. We are not intentionally to make this mistake, we really wish to know that $100 is required for us when we submit our application.
I don't want to be mean, but I really don't want people coming to this discussion forum getting more hurt. We were already been mistreated by CIC, we shouldn't blame by the mistake we are not meant to make. If. Anyone really want to accused the member on this forum, please take your words and go away. We are here for support

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
yukiyuki111 said:
Hi Jubear, could you please add the infos about finding Local MPs for help? One of my friend also get her work permit after consulting the MP, she was the same boat as me, PGWP march applicant. I also want to try to help those who still struggling on waiting for their wp.
I posted this discussion five months ago, my initial thought was to asking someone to share infos and give me some advice or help. However, one amazing and wonderful thing happens, it becomes a platform for people share and helping others. I was so touched, not only because I got a lot of help, but also people here supporting each other. When I was in that really dark and desperate time, people on the form email me, reply me, offers me so much advices. I told some of my friend here, I was almost packed up my bags to go back to my home county since my case was over due so long, and the call agent told me several times it might be possible for me to Wait another 3 months. But eventually, I got it and start a decent job.
I still remember when I applied for my PGWP on March, there is no clear clue or notice for me to know I need to pay the extra $100 dollars, we are not trying to play tricks with the system, also we are not trying to avoid the extra payment. Nobody want to take the risk of that, it just simply because we don't know and the system sucks. My half day salary was higher than $100 dollar and why I am wasting 5 months just to avoid that little money? I started worked for government as a student last year, and this year I become a full time employee. Let me tell why in summer it tales so long to process. As in my group, normally we have 10 people, because it's in summer time, 7 people leave without pay. Only 3 of us working now, and usually every 14 days we worked, we can have one eared day off. The government is really restricted on overtime, it needs the upper
Head to authorite that, so usually we don't do OTs. So if someone really want to blame something, plz blame Harper government, they the fundings of hiring more people, and they want to leave the opportunities for local people. I am a sensitive person and I got pissed of by that words "cheep" etc. We are not intentionally to make this mistake, we really wish to know that $100 is required for us when we submit our application.
I don't want to be mean, but I really don't want people coming to this discussion forum getting more hurt. We were already been mistreated by CIC, we shouldn't blame by the mistake we are not meant to make. If. Anyone really want to accused the member on this forum, please take your words and go away. We are here for support
Ok, I understand that this is another message addressed to me. Maybe you did not see but I already apologized two times if I offended someone. If this is not enough, I apologize and the third time. If you carefully read my comment where I said a word "cheap". You will find out, that I have said, that I do not understand why so many people have paid the wrong amount. That's exactly happened. I was not aware that applicants from April or any other previous month did not have a clue that application is $255. So, now after one of the members has explained that to me, I would like for the fourth time to apologize for that part of my comment. For the word do not be "cheap", this was addressed for the new applicants and one of them is myself also, so if you guys did not know that application is $255, there is no way that new applicants do not know for those extra $100. So I would like that CIC finish processing applications for March, April and May for people who did not know for correct amount and from June that they have a clear picture with us who knew that application is $255. If someone else need apology please write in my inbox because this becoming a little boring. Thanks.

manaspaliwal

Jul 27, 2015
yukiyuki111 said:
We are happy for you yukiyuki111 that your long wait is over and finally you can start your work. I am too suffering because of this 100 dollar receipt thing. I found the members very encouraging and insightful. Special thanks to Jubear for finding time and selflessly contributing so much to this forum. One common thing that connects us is hope. I took so much offense from this person Beogradjanin1, who just have to rant mindlessly. Even after such an elaborate post from Jubear, this guy just does not seem to understand. Please lets all stay positive and lets not blame any previous applicants for delays in PGWP. I request people to follow the posts from Jubear and follow his rightful advices. I urge members not to spread any negativity on these issues.
Congratulations on your work permit again.

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
manaspaliwal said:
We are happy for you yukiyuki111 that your long wait is over and finally you can start your work. I am too suffering because of this 100 dollar receipt thing. I found the members very encouraging and insightful. Special thanks to Jubear for finding time and selflessly contributing so much to this forum. One common thing that connects us is hope. I took so much offense from this person Beogradjanin1, who just have to rant mindlessly. Even after such an elaborate post from Jubear, this guy just does not seem to understand. Please lets all stay positive and lets not blame any previous applicants for delays in PGWP. I request people to follow the posts from Jubear and follow his rightful advices. I urge members not to spread any negativity on these issues.
Congratulations on your work permit again.
Thanks, I am not meant to asking you apology again and again. I am sorry I didn't read your following comments. Please be patient and try to understand us, especially the early march/ April applicants. we are suffering a lot from waiting for that piece of shoot. Several of us lost our job during this prolonged waiting time, and all of us really wish to know $100 thing when we submit our application. We all asked ourself again and again if I paid the dull amount will that be a much better situation for us now? Its is really a suffering things for us, as an example of me, waiting for 134, almost 5 months, every week I have to talk to my manager and HR I will soon get the working permit.. whats more, I am in implied status from the beginning of April, and I haven't been paid since then. All my work are volunteered, so when I first read your reply, it was really pissed me off, but now i read it more carefully I understand your point. There are always some lucky guys, one guy in my department, he applied his PGWP in middle of April, and he get the request of $100 2 weeks later, and by waiting another one week he got his permit. these kind of guy will never show up on this forum. Most people come because they have no other choice. we are sensitive and sometimes vulnerable of reading words that "accused" us. Hope you can understand this point. Its probably none of us fault. Please just be patient, it will comes eventually

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
Beogradjanin1,

See, thats why I said your arrogance is disgusting. What makes you think you should tell future new applicants not to be 'cheap'? Do you even think about something before you write it? No body plans to pay less fees. People's lives and future plans are dependent on that document (the PGWP) for goodness sake. You probably think they are not smart enough to know that if they pay less, their applications would be denied. And now you have the audacity to tell people to write to your inbox. Wow!

Its best you remove those comment and perhaps give this wonderful and helpful PGWP forum a break. If I'm correct, your 47 posts have never contributed anything to this amazing PGWP forum. I've been following it. I posted on here because your comments and trying to defend yourself have been unacceptable. We are here to help new and old members of this specific PGWP forum, not to look down on them.

As an educated individual; self-respect, respect for Members and new applicants on this forum, in addition to a sense of maturity is required. If you truly want to be helpful on this forum, you should also be patient, supportive, welcoming, genuinely happy for others.

Good luck on your future posts.

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi Jubear/ All of the forum members

I am going for a flagpole tomorrow. Just need to ask couple of things.
I have US visa and My canada visa / SP expires 31st August 2015.

Also, as my course was a Masters CS Degree of 2 yrs but i completed 4 months earlier (i.e. sep 2013 - May 2015 / 20 months)
So am i eligible to get 20 months WP or 3 yrs WP ?? I have heard some people are saying if you flagpole may be they ll issue only 20 months WP.
I want to know from any one of those who had the same situation and did flagpoling.

Please its urgent.

jubear said:
Hello our newest Members,

Welcome to the PGWP Forum!

To get the answers you need on FP, please read pages 15 and onwards of this forum plus the links. Everything you need to know that members have contributed to this forum is there. Also refer to links provide under the timelines to know more about CSE, PGWP, OWP, and Application Withdrawal. You have to take the time to read the info because it offers different experiences, ideas, and how to prepare depending on your situation. Analyze other members' timelines and estimate how things might turn out for you.

Stay positive, keep calm! As always, I wish everyone good luck. :)

Cheers!

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Awesome7 said:
Beogradjanin1,

See, thats why I said your arrogance is disgusting. What makes you think you should tell future new applicants not to be 'cheap'? Do you even think about something before you write it? No body plans to pay less fees. People's lives and future plans are dependent on that document (the PGWP) for goodness sake. You probably think they are not smart enough to know that if they pay less, their applications would be denied. And now you have the audacity to tell people to write to your inbox. Wow!

Its best you remove those comment and perhaps give this wonderful and helpful PGWP forum a break. If I'm correct, your 47 posts have never contributed anything to this amazing PGWP forum. I've been following it. I posted on here because your comments and trying to defend yourself have been unacceptable. We are here to help new and old members of this specific PGWP forum, not to look down on them.

As an educated individual; self-respect, respect for Members and new applicants on this forum, in addition to a sense of maturity is required. If you truly want to be helpful on this forum, you should also be patient, supportive, welcoming, genuinely happy for others.

Good luck on your future posts.
What makes me think I should say that to the new applicants? Are you for real? Maybe because I am the new applicant, maybe because somebody should tell them to pay a little more attention when they applying, all that is because I see that applicants from June are still paying the wrong amount. What that does mean, means that they will wait longer for their application to be processed and which most bothers me I will wait longer. Instead of playing big and carry person for others stop being crying baby and stop scanning what I have been saying to the new applicants and start giving them some better advice. I am not going to remove any of mine comments because I am staying behind everything I have said. If you do not like you have an option to not read my posts. I am not trying to defend myself I just know to realised when I made a mistake and when I was right. Maybe someone doesn't like the way I talk but if anyone of the new applicants read my posts it is going to be more beneficial to them than listening to someone like you who is just putting the shoulder for their tears instead to tell them loud and clear how things are really are. Also, stop trying being an authority to me because I do not respect authority. Good luck on your future reading of my posts.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
yukiyuki111 said:
Thanks, I am not meant to asking you apology again and again. I am sorry I didn't read your following comments. Please be patient and try to understand us, especially the early march/ April applicants. we are suffering a lot from waiting for that piece of shoot. Several of us lost our job during this prolonged waiting time, and all of us really wish to know $100 thing when we submit our application. We all asked ourself again and again if I paid the dull amount will that be a much better situation for us now? Its is really a suffering things for us, as an example of me, waiting for 134, almost 5 months, every week I have to talk to my manager and HR I will soon get the working permit.. whats more, I am in implied status from the beginning of April, and I haven't been paid since then. All my work are volunteered, so when I first read your reply, it was really pissed me off, but now i read it more carefully I understand your point. There are always some lucky guys, one guy in my department, he applied his PGWP in middle of April, and he get the request of $100 2 weeks later, and by waiting another one week he got his permit. these kind of guy will never show up on this forum. Most people come because they have no other choice. we are sensitive and sometimes vulnerable of reading words that "accused" us. Hope you can understand this point. Its probably none of us fault. Please just be patient, it will comes eventually
No problem I did not know about such things happened in March and April and that's why I did not understand what was the problem. The only thing that bothers me is that some of the new applicants are still paying the wrong amount. I am sorry that some of you guys lost the job, that really sucks. I was just amazed that processing time is longer than 100 days, it has been always maximum 44 days. Even my friend got the permit last year after only 20 days. Maybe the tone of my posts doesn't sound nice but the only thing I am trying is to help the new applicants for their and our good. Some people do not see that in my posts but if we put more effort and letting them know how things are really are all of us will benefit from that. All the best to you and good luck!

Faisal Sandhu

Mar 24, 2013
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Beogradjanin1,

I completely disagree with your accusation that students are still paying wrong fee, because this issue has already been resolved by CIC. Starting from Feb till end of May, CIC online application form only requested $155 due to technical difficulties.

Moving forward, lets not deviate from the right path and focus on the real issue.

Thanks
Faisal

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Faisal Sandhu said:
Hi Beogradjanin1,

I completely disagree with your accusation that students are still paying wrong fee, because this issue has already been resolved by CIC. Starting from Feb till end of May, CIC online application form only requested $155 due to technical difficulties.

Moving forward, lets not deviate from the right path and focus on the real issue.

Thanks
Faisal

Member jubear, have posted processing time for many members including some from June. Check last two ones and tell me is that right what did you said. Page 37. Thanks.