+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Sam011 said:
No.. u dont have to send copies of the receipts.. its only for people who paid 155$ then they asked them to pay an extra 100$.. so you are good..
Thanks Sam and congrats on your pgwp. I'm confused because at the button of the receipt it says "Please print two copies of this receipt, send one to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and keep one for your records. Please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form."

So I guess it's not applicable to me?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elnazdel said:
Thanks Sam and congrats on your pgwp. I'm confused because at the button of the receipt it says "Please print two copies of this receipt, send one to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and keep one for your records. Please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form."

So I guess it's not applicable to me?
If you applied and paid online, then you don't have to in your case. That option is for paper applicants or those applicants who paid only $155 online at the time when the extra $100 was a separate payment. So nothing to worry about.

Let us know of your timeline (see page 9 of this forum).

Thank you all who are joining us here.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam011 said:
Hi guys,

Applied: February 25th
100$ extra fees: June 24th
Got an email from cic: June 29th ( Approved )

Thank you God. I wanted to share this info with you guys, I have applied since february 25th and I got it today ( more than 4 months ) so don't lose hope and best of luck for you all..
Sam011,

Thank you for sharing. Good luck on your job search if you don't have one yet.

Cheers!

cyas33

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
PGWP arrived in the mail today...for new persons to this thread I applied March 17th, paid extra $ 100 June 21st, PGWP issues June 23rd, got in mail June 29th. i am in Edmonton, Alberta.
Good luck everyone!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A continuation of what Velaar started.

UPDATED TIMELINES:

Jawadchoudary
Applied: March 11th
Blank Update: None
Request for $100: May 20th (day 71)
PGWP Approval: June 23rd
Mail Delivery: June 26, 2015
Total Processing Time: 108 days (From submission to receipt of mail)

Cyas33
Applied: March 17th
Blank Update: April 16th, May 16th, June 15th (day 91 as of June 15th)
Request for $100: June 21st
PGWP Approval: June 24th
Mail Delivery: June 29, 2015
Total Processing Time: 105 days (From submission to receipt of mail)

Yukiyuki111
Applied: March 19th
Blank Update: May 27th (day 69)
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 104)

Velaar
Applied: March 23rd
Blank Update: May 29th (day 67)
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 100)

1234plm
Applied: April 29th
Blank Update: May 29th, June 28th (day 61)
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 63)

Jubear
Applied: April 30th
Blank Update: June 1st, June 30th (day 62)
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 62)

Nevillek
Applied: May 2nd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: May 5th (day 4)
Current Status: Waiting as of June 30th (day 60)

Jijialex
Applied: May 9th
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 53)

Swprox
Applied: May 10th
Blank Update: June 12th
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 52)

Nandini09
Applied: May 18th
Blank Update: June 11th (day 25)
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 44)

Manav.diwan
Applied: May 25th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: June 24th (day 31)
Current Status: Waiting as of June 30th (day 37)

Cooliomonkey
Applied: May 28th
Blank Update: June 27th (day 25)
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 34)

Ms.Mech
Applied: June 4th (Full amount paid)
Current Status: Waiting as of June 30th (day 27)

Aaawiki
Applied: June 9th
Current Status: No request for $100 as of June 30th (day 22)

CIC
Last update as of today was June 19, 2015
Currently processing applications submitted on March 21, 2015
Official processing times as of today are 89 days for WP.

PLEASE NOTE:
1. Any PGWP applicants who visit this amazing forum and don't have their timeline profiles recorded on here should endeavor to provide their details truthfully. It helps everyone to keep track of things.

2. If you want to be sure of your day counts please visit this site at http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html Be sure to select "include end date in calculation."

3. The above individual timelines have been sorted according to date of application.

4. If for whatever reason you email or call CIC, please feel free to share your findings in the forum.

Congratulations to Cyas33 and other members whose applications were approved and have received their PGWP in the mail.

Keep the faith, stay positive.

Cheers!

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey Guys,

Count me in.

Applied: June 4th
Blank Update: June 5th
Request for $100: N/A (Already paid $255)

Current status: Waitiing as of June 29 (26 days) (From submission to receipt of mail)

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
Hey everyone.

Just wanted to know a couple things. I applied for the PGWP on 25th May, 2015 and paid $255 online. got a blank update on 26th May. Got another email on 24 June saying there has been no update on my application and its been 37 days so far. Just wanted to know that my study permit expires on 30 July and in case if the WP takes longer than that date, can I still stay in Canada?

Also you can add my timeline to this thread. I am planning to follow this thread as long as I can. Its great to see such high spirits from everyone. :D

Thanks

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Hey everyone,
Count me in
Applied. : 9 May
Blank update : None
Current status :No request for $100 as a June 29th(51) days

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
manav.diwan said:
Hey everyone.

Just wanted to know a couple things. I applied for the PGWP on 25th May, 2015 and paid $255 online. got a blank update on 26th May. Got another email on 24 June saying there has been no update on my application and its been 37 days so far. Just wanted to know that my study permit expires on 30 July and in case if the WP takes longer than that date, can I still stay in Canada?

Also you can add my timeline to this thread. I am planning to follow this thread as long as I can. Its great to see such high spirits from everyone. :D

Thanks

hey,

check this

Transition - Studying and working off-campus to post-graduation work permit

A student can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if they meet all of the requirements of the PGWP program.

While awaiting a decision to be made, they can continue to work and hold a full-time position if, at the time they submit their PGWP application:

They held a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit, or
They held a valid study permit and were eligible to work off-campus without a work permit.
Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

Implied status - Temporary resident

If you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (TR) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an implied status.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit only if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying, if applicable, before the expiry date of your permit.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

As a TR, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved*. This applies to you, among other things, if:
are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
held a valid multiple-entry visa upon your return to Canada, or
you have travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon and return to Canada before your status as a visitor, student or worker expires; and
the officer at the port of entry is satisfied that you have sufficient means of support,
As a worker or student, if the officer determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
If you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
For more information on implied status, please consult our website.

* You will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit.
** Including its Territories and Possessions.

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
I have a question, since 2014 Feb Cic stops issuing the off campus work permit. So what can i do rite now since i have applied the PGWP?
Someone mentioned about implied status, i am still confused about it. I have valid study permit but i do not have off campus work permit since the policy changes in 2014.

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
aaawiki said:
I have a question, since 2014 Feb Cic stops issuing the off campus work permit. So what can i do rite now since i have applied the PGWP?
Someone mentioned about implied status, i am still confused about it. I have valid study permit but i do not have off campus work permit since the policy changes in 2014.

check if this helps

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/permit/index.asp

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
Nandini09 said:
hey,

check this

Transition - Studying and working off-campus to post-graduation work permit

A student can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if they meet all of the requirements of the PGWP program.

While awaiting a decision to be made, they can continue to work and hold a full-time position if, at the time they submit their PGWP application:

They held a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit, or
They held a valid study permit and were eligible to work off-campus without a work permit.
Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

Implied status - Temporary resident

If you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (TR) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an implied status.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit only if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying, if applicable, before the expiry date of your permit.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

As a TR, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved*. This applies to you, among other things, if:
are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
held a valid multiple-entry visa upon your return to Canada, or
you have travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon and return to Canada before your status as a visitor, student or worker expires; and
the officer at the port of entry is satisfied that you have sufficient means of support,
As a worker or student, if the officer determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
If you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
For more information on implied status, please consult our website.

* You will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit.
** Including its Territories and Possessions.
thanks a lot for this. some really useful information.

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
PEQ(CSQ): 08-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Ouch, sorry. Got myself a week-long vacation. Finally was able to settle things with my employer under implied status (last day).

No news from CIC on my file.

Special thanks to jubear for continuing the timelines!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi there,

You can add me:

nevillek
Applied: May 2nd (full amount paid)
Blank Update: May 5th
Current Status: Waiting as of June 30th (day 60)

If anyone can help me with this please: I expect to receive my PGWP by end of July/beginning of August (90-100 days). Then I have to apply for a new TRV since I wish to go back to my home country, India for a 4-5 month holiday. This process takes additional 3 weeks. However, I want to go to India ASAP so my question is.. Can I apply for a new TRV from India instead of applying within Canada and wasting another 3 weeks? I know it's preferable to get the TRV before leaving Canada, but I don't see a problem if I have a valid PGWP in hand.

(My current TRV/study permit is valid only until Aug 31 so a new TRV is a must)