Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
hi jubear.. what exactly does BLANK UPDATE mean? I assumed it was the email stating the application has been submitted or something .. but looking at the timelines I think it's not possible to get the BLANK UPDATE in just 4 days so my assumption maybe wrong...

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
hi jubear.. what exactly does BLANK UPDATE mean? I assumed it was the email stating the application has been submitted or something .. but looking at the timelines I think it's not possible to get the BLANK UPDATE in just 4 days so my assumption maybe wrong...
No, your right. However, a blank update usually shows up in our emails nearly after every month for some applicants. It is an automated email that says, "there have been no changes to your application.....etc." Sometimes it might say there has been a change but when you check your CIC account, you don't see any changes.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Oh, in that case, I got that email on Jun 4. Request you to kindly make the change in my timeline detail.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on May 12th, waited until June 24th, and my patience was gone. On June 25th, went to the Rainbow Bridge' s Canadian border service, successfully got a three years work permit.

la_danza

Jul 2, 2015
la_danza

Applied: May 9th (status changed to open on May 10th)
Blank Update: June 8th
Current Status: No request for $100 as of July 2nd (day 54)

And my study permit expired on June 1st... :(

pparisa

Mar 25, 2015
immshunli said:
I applied on May 12th, waited until June 24th, and my patience was gone. On June 25th, went to the Rainbow Bridge' s Canadian border service, successfully got a three years work permit.
Hey,

I applied on March 25th and still have not heard back from CIC. I have few questions:

1. What documents do you need to apply at the border?

2. Did you pay the fees again?

3. Do you need a US visa as well?

4. Do you need to leave Canada?

Regards,

Parisa

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pparisa said:
Hey,

I applied on March 25th and still have not heard back from CIC. I have few questions:

1. What documents do you need to apply at the border?

2. Did you pay the fees again?

3. Do you need a US visa as well?

4. Do you need to leave Canada?

Regards,

Parisa
I brought all the documents that on the online checklist, including the official letter from school, the official transcript, and I also brought my diploma in case they wanna see it.
Yes, I paid 255 again, the CBSA and CIC are not the same departments, so you have to pay again, but after you successfully got the permit at the border, you can withdraw your online application and get a refund if they haven't yet started process your application.
You don't need to have a U.S. Visa, even you have one, you still don't want to enter the U.S. You need to tell the U.S. Customs that you don't want to enter and they will issue you a flagpole, you will need it at the Canadian immigration in order to let them accept your application.
Yes you need to leave Canada, but technically you are not going to another country either, although when try issue you the flagpole, you are on the U.S. Soil.....

pparisa

Mar 25, 2015
immshunli said:
I brought all the documents that on the online checklist, including the official letter from school, the official transcript, and I also brought my diploma in case they wanna see it.
Yes, I paid 255 again, the CBSA and CIC are not the same departments, so you have to pay again, but after you successfully got the permit at the border, you can withdraw your online application and get a refund if they haven't yet started process your application.
You don't need to have a U.S. Visa, even you have one, you still don't want to enter the U.S. You need to tell the U.S. Customs that you don't want to enter and they will issue you a flagpole, you will need it at the Canadian immigration in order to let them accept your application.
Yes you need to leave Canada, but technically you are not going to another country either, although when try issue you the flagpole, you are on the U.S. Soil.....
One last question. Did you pay the 255 fee at the border?

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pparisa said:
One last question. Did you pay the 255 fee at the border?
Yeah of course, after they examined your papers, and decided to issue you the work permit, you will have to go to the cashier to pay, it is really easy to pay, and they accept all kinds of payment, MasterCard debit card , cash, etc

pparisa

Mar 25, 2015
immshunli said:
Yeah of course, after they examined your papers, and decided to issue you the work permit, you will have to go to the cashier to pay, it is really easy to pay, and they accept all kinds of payment, MasterCard debit card , cash, etc
Thank you so much immshunli. Best of luck with your Job hunt.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
immshunli said:
Are you serious you can really do this? Or did you just get lucky? What if they say "sorry, you have to WAIT for your online application to process"?

Did you tell them you had applied online? What reason did you give them for NOT waiting more time?

[flash=200,200]http://Edit:[/flash] I just googled about this and apparently, there is something called "flag-poling" to get the WP this way. Does anyone know anything about flag-poling?? :eek:

pparisa

Mar 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have applied on March 25th. Like most of you I did not pay the extra $100 fee. Below is my information:

Applied: March 25th
1st blank update: June 1st
Paid the extra $100 on June 3rd and submitted a case specific enquiry and attached the receipt
2nd blank update: July 2nd ( 30 minutes ago)
As of July 2nd: No request for $100 fee

If I do not hear back from CIC by Monday I will try to apply at the Canadian border on Tuesday.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Are you serious you can really do this? Or did you just get lucky? What if they say "sorry, you have to WAIT for your online application to process"?

Did you tell them you had applied online? What reason did you give them for NOT waiting more time?

[flash=200,200]http://Edit:[/flash] I just googled about this and apparently, there is something called "flag-poling" to get the WP this way. Does anyone know anything about flag-poling?? :eek:
I am deadly serious, me and my two friends went there together, and Our three are not the only people there for wor permits, there were several British guys there as well, although the officers treated them nicer then us, but everybody left the CBSA with a happy face. Is there any risks to do this, yes of course, but it all depends on how urgent you need the permit, if you want to work immediately before you SIN Expired , I can't see a better way then this

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
immshunli said:
I am deadly serious, me and my two friends went there together, and Our three are not the only people there for wor permits, there were several British guys there as well, although the officers treated them nicer then us, but everybody left the CBSA with a happy face. Is there any risks to do this, yes of course, but it all depends on how urgent you need the permit, if you want to work immediately before you SIN Expired , I can't see a better way then this
Did they ask you to show a job offer? Or to convince them that you would leave Canada after your PGWP expired?

Also, what reason you gave them that you need your WP so urgently?

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Did they ask you to show a job offer? Or to convince them that you would leave Canada after your PGWP expired?

Also, what reason you gave them that you need your WP so urgently?
As I said, you need all the papers that the online cheklist requires, if you are a pgwp applicant, you don't need a job offer and they will not ask for it. Them and CIC are two different agencies, but they both have authorities to issue a individual immigration documents. And they didn't ask me whether or not I have applied online, but one of my friend has been asked, but the officer didnt care, and I didnt have to show how urgent I was to get this permit, because that's their job, if a officer is in bad mood, he probably won't accpet you application, but I didn't experienced that. As I said above, it all depends on how urgent you want , the officers don't care. And I just wanted to share my experience, not want to debate this is the best way, of course not. If you want your permit faster, go and have a try, if you think it is risky, seat back and relax, have some coffee and wait at home. It is that simple.