+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

blue-j

Aug 10, 2015
Hey guys,

I've been checking this out for almost 2 weeks now and find it amazing to realize I'm not the only one feeling a bit on edge for the waiting process. I really appreciate reading your stories/advice.

I guess I can also be added to the list

Applied June 1st 2015
Paid Full $255

Received one update message June 2nd and that's about it

I thought I would be able to make a quick trip back home to see my family this month if I had the permit in time but after just checking the UPDATED processing times 112 days, looks like I will be waiting till September...possibly October at this point. All the jobs I've been interested in are no longer available thanks to this situation because my sin/documents expired.

It's a bit frustrating to be in this situation but my mom said I just have to be patient and that everything turns out okay. I have no problem with waiting but like everyone here, we literally have no idea what day/date these documents will head our way and that's what makes me nervous.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. Just gotta keep myself busy and try my best to be patient and positive. Heading to the gym :)

71 days and counting

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
PEQ(CSQ): 08-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
One-liner update. 141 days and counting (applied March, 23). No request for $100, $100 submitted through CSE.

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
I applied for my work permit on april 30, still waiting for the approval .

worried about the whole situation as my employer has given me time till 28 august although iam legal to work on implied status.

I saw recent timelines that a guy from april 12 has got approval on 27 july, but thr are no entries from april....

if there is anyone who applied after or on 15 april who got approved recently please share the timeline...

also i would like to know weather 112 days processing time includes mailing time (7 days approx ?) ?

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can be added to the timeline.

Applied on June 8th
Paid full amount

Pretty pissed about the whole thing since my permit expired on July 31st.
There is a good sign, study permits went from around 77 days to 51 in just 2 weeks, work permits may similarly speed up.

lcnana

Jan 28, 2015
I dont even know if this is the right thread to reply but i would like to share my experience.

I applied for sowp on march 28th and after all the delay i finally got approval from CIC today i was worred for the past month and figure they are just being slow. D
o not worry guys if you have submitted everything you need then CIC is just taking their time to process it. They will be on your way soon

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone!

Let me first thank everyone for this extremely helpful forum! You guys put me at ease. Let me share with you my story:

I officially received my letter of graduation on May 5th. I applied for a PGWP on the same day since my employer was waiting for me. I started working immediately after (On implied status, also my study permit was still valid till July 31st).

When filling up my online application, the fee was $155 and I didn't think much of it and I only found out recently about the $100 open work permit holder fee. I haven't paid the fee just yet, and I'm wondering the consequences of waiting for them to tell me about the fee?

I received blank updates on the following days:
May - 6
July - 23rd and 31st

Thanks!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Hello everyone!
I received blank updates on the following days:
May - 6 and 25
June - 5
July - 3, 8, 23 and 31
How come I'm getting a lot of updates? Is that something to be worried about?
Thanks!
Moelaghil,

Welcome to the forum. See NOTES under timelines on page 42 of this forum on how to pay the extra $100.

Cheers!

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
I got two emails (Aug 6th, Aug 9th) stating "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." But, when I login there are no updates. :'(

Application Date: May 25 2015

Sincerely/MunnaReddy

dukagjinasi

Aug 11, 2015
Hi Everyone,

First, I would like to thank everybody for the input in this forum.

I graduated in June 2015, and recently applied for PGWP.

Applied: July 20, 2015
Amount paid: $255
Blank update: July 21.

I have a study permit which allows me to work during school breaks, and expires in September 31. My SIN expired in July 31, 2014. I have asked Immigration officers and they told me I do not need to renew my SIN, and I can work using the same SIN number.

Well...I still have my doubts, and if any of you knows anything that can be helpful, please share it :).

Good luck to everyone!

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
dukagjinasi said:
Hi Everyone,

First, I would like to thank everybody for the input in this forum.

I graduated in June 2015, and recently applied for PGWP.

Applied: July 20, 2015
Amount paid: $255
Blank update: July 21.

I have a study permit which allows me to work during school breaks, and expires in September 31. My SIN expired in July 31, 2014. I have asked Immigration officers and they told me I do not need to renew my SIN, and I can work using the same SIN number.

Well...I still have my doubts, and if any of you knows anything that can be helpful, please share it :).

Good luck to everyone!
My SIN number expired on July 31st as well. I am still continuing to work. I am almost 100% sure that an expired SIN number doesn't affect you unless you are working illegally.

Since you've submitted your PGWP you'll be on implied status till a decision is made - that allows you to legally work for that period.

Those were the fruits of my research when I was asking the same questions.

Service Canada will renew your SIN number given that your Study permit allows you to work off campus and/or during scheduled breaks. If I was in your position I would renew my SIN number till the end of September.

behzadtp

Aug 12, 2015
Hey Guys,

I applied May 4th and still waiting. I haven't received a request for 100 but paid it trough CSE. I am working on contract and i have to renew my contract on August 31st which is the same date that my study permit expires which is really scary. I would really appreciate if people who applied between April 12th to May tell us their status since there is nothing for that period in the forum. im hopping that it is a good sign and there are not a lot of applications in that period.

Day 100 as of August 12th

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
behzadtp said:
Hey Guys,

I applied May 4th and still waiting. I haven't received a request for 100 but paid it trough CSE. I am working on contract and i have to renew my contract on August 31st which is the same date that my study permit expires which is really scary. I would really appreciate if people who applied between April 12th to May tell us their status since there is nothing for that period in the forum. im hopping that it is a good sign and there are not a lot of applications in that period.

Day 100 as of August 12th
Hey behzadtp,

I applied on May 5th. I am not worried though since I am still within the processing time window.

I called CIC yesterday to confirm some of my concerns.

- The operator told me not to worry about the $100 fee. At the time of my application that information was not conveyed to me and therefore I would be asked later to submit the payment. She recommended against submitting my payment through CSE until I get a request for the payment.

- I am legally allowed to work until my application is processed since I had a valid study permit (that allowed me to work off campus during school and full time on scheduled breaks) at the time I submitted my PGWP application.

- Also even though I submitted my application on May 5th and I've lived in Canada for 3 months since then. When/If I do received my 3 year Work Permit it will be valid for 3 years from the day it is issued NOT the day the application was submitted.

With that in mind I do no mind that my application takes as long as possible. That way my 3 year permit it technically extended since I already have a job and I am currently working. :D

Also check page 42 of this forum it has the Timelines for people's applications that were submitted in April and early May.