+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jlsm

May 4, 2015
Oh my God, 112 days now? This is insane...
Why the paper application is faster to process? I thought cic encourage people to apply online..

Btw, got a blank update on August 1. Just waiting now...

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone,

I never got a blank update from CIC. I only get regular emails from CIC saying there have been no updates. Does this mean really mean something based on your experience? Do we need to get a blank update before they approve it?

Thank you in advance,
Raghav.

tonfalks

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
tonfalks said:
Hello seniors in the house, please help!!!
My hubby is coming to Canada for masters. myself and my 3 boys are coming with him cos we hahave visiting visas already. The question now is, can I flagpole to get a work permit so i can get it quickly being that I will be getting a work permit for the 1st time or what do you advice? Pls help me . Your advice is needed urgently. Thank you all.
Pls help! No response yet

Hardik0730

Jul 29, 2015
ON CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need urgent help!!!!
hello every one i applied for pgwp on may 12th. obviously still waiting... but i have two questions somebody please help me.
i booked ticket to visit my home country India on 15th September 2015. my sp and trv expired on 30th july. i was hopping that i will get pgwp and new TRV in 126 days (12th may to 15th sep) bu it seems like i will not get it by he time of leaving. lets hope i will get PGWP only so the questions are
1) can i travel with implied status and pgwp and apply trv visa stamp from india. is it possible that they might reject my application for TRV??
second question is can i go for flagpolling ? i dont have US visa and Canadian status as my SP and TRV expired.

originally i booked my ticket on june 30th and changed it to 15th Sep it coast me 500$ i don't want to do it again if i can get TRV from india.

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Guys please help!

I applied for PGWP extension on March 20th. I haven't heard anything back. I haven't got any blank messages or anything. Should I go ahead and pay the extra $100? the CIC agents say we are not supposed to unless we're asked to. I don't want to get rejected. what should I do???

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonfalks said:
Pls help! No response yet
Tonfalks,

You can FP once your spouse starts school. Make sure you have all your documents and including his SP that states that he can work as a student. Its wise you go the border together. Again, remember that your spouse should be a registered full time student in school. In fact he can't work unless school has started. As soon as he arrives in Canada, he should find the nearest Service Canada office. See more info on page 42 of this forum under timelines about Service Canada (SC) office locations. The purpose of going to SC is to get a SIN number. This SIN number is required by employers. Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hardik0730 said:
Need urgent help!!!!
hello every one i applied for pgwp on may 12th. obviously still waiting... but i have two questions somebody please help me.
i booked ticket to visit my home country India on 15th September 2015. my sp and trv expired on 30th july. i was hopping that i will get pgwp and new TRV in 126 days (12th may to 15th sep) bu it seems like i will not get it by he time of leaving. lets hope i will get PGWP only so the questions are
1) can i travel with implied status and pgwp and apply trv visa stamp from india. is it possible that they might reject my application for TRV??
second question is can i go for flagpolling ? i dont have US visa and Canadian status as my SP and TRV expired.
originally i booked my ticket on june 30th and changed it to 15th Sep it coast me 500$ i don't want to do it again if i can get TRV from india.
Hardik0730,

1. You can apply for a new TRV in India. However, you will need evidence of a valid status such as a PGWP. In other words you will apply for a new TRV as a worker after obtaining a PGWP.
2. No, you can't FP. Why? Because your SP expired and I don't think you are still within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from your academic institution.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zara1986 said:
Guys please help!
I applied for PGWP extension on March 20th. I haven't heard anything back. I haven't got any blank messages or anything. Should I go ahead and pay the extra $100? the CIC agents say we are not supposed to unless we're asked to. I don't want to get rejected. what should I do???
Zara1986,

Have you checked the details of your online application on your MyCIC account? Its important that you find out from there rather than checking only your email. If there isn't anything indicating that you were denied nor asked to pay $100, please go to page 42 of this forum. Under members' individual timelines read notes 3 and 4 and do what you can to get a PGWP. Yours is long over due. Good luck.

Cheers!

Hardik0730

Jul 29, 2015
ON CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
Hardik0730,

1. You can apply for a new TRV in India. However, you will need evidence of a valid status such as a PGWP. In other words you will apply for a new TRV as a worker after obtaining a PGWP.
2. No, you can't FP. Why? Because your SP expired and I don't think you are still within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from your academic institution.

Cheers!
Thank you jubear

tonfalks

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
jubear said:
Tonfalks,

You can FP once your spouse starts school. Make sure you have all your documents and including his SP that states that he can work as a student. Its wise you go the border together. Again, remember that your spouse should be a registered full time student in school. In fact he can't work unless school has started. As soon as he arrives in Canada, he should find the nearest Service Canada office. See more info on page 42 of this forum under timelines about Service Canada (SC) office locations. The purpose of going to SC is to get a SIN number. This SIN number is required by employers. Good luck.

Cheers!

Thank you so much Jubear. God bless

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Got another blank update yesterday Jubear, and once again, thanks a lot for the work you are putting in helping people here and keeping this thread updated. Great work buddy.

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
raghav30389 said:
Hello everyone,

I never got a blank update from CIC. I only get regular emails from CIC saying there have been no updates. Does this mean really mean something based on your experience? Do we need to get a blank update before they approve it?

Thank you in advance,
Raghav.
These emails which you get from CIC saying 'no updates' are what we refer to as blank updates here.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swprox said:
Got another blank update yesterday Jubear, and once again, thanks a lot for the work you are putting in helping people here and keeping this thread updated. Great work buddy.
Swprox,

No worries. Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Yeah, jubear you're the best!

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I haven't been getting blank updates. I only got oneblank update the day after I applied (mAY 29), and it said you have an update, but there was no update. Should I be concerned?