+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's Connect!! For Master Program addmission Fall 2019 in Uni of Ottawa

Lili159

May 12, 2019
Hi guys! I'm planning to apply to Uni of Ottawa and would like to ask those who applied a question: Did you apply to the Uni during your last year of undergrad or after you got your diploma? I don't want to waste a year and hope to go from bachelor directly to the master the following year but i don't know if that's doable?

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
I applied and most people applied (if not everyone) after obtaining Bachelor's. Because of your academic transcript, I don't think it's advisable to apply while you're still undergoing your undergraduate program, I feel you'd have a better chance of getting admitted if you finish first. More so, you don't have to wait a year (like 4-6months is needed for admission, plus additional 3-4 months for visa processing), personally I applied I think 15th of Dec and I got my admission offer 27th of Feb (around 72 days).
So, just chill and finish first, you can start looking up schools now and start preparing your application documents, so when you finish and obtain your academic transcript you'd just apply immediately. All the best.

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
I got an email from uottawa which says ...

If you fall into the category of Non-exempt international student, full-time tuition fees, for one year, would be around the following:
Fall: 10,963.53$
Winter: 10,025.11$
Spring-Summer: 9,388.93$
Total: 30,377.57$
These fees include your tuition fees, incidental fees and U-PASS (bus pass) fee.
Just Imagine tuition fee, when it's not as if I'm going to UToronto or MIT or Harvard. Something needs to be done about this school, I feel they should have a regulatory body that controls some thing like this (I mean it's not even a private school) how come their tuition is this expensive. Better schools don't cost this much (UCalgary = C$14000 for the year), (Uwaterloo around C$5000 - C$6000 per term).

And the most annoying thing is little or no scholarship/funding (the only thing dey give is just C$4800 bursary = C$800 per term for 6 terms).

Probability of getting a scholarship is less than 20% self.

Reactions: Raj_01

Shamita

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi,

Where did u get the option to the pay the fee on their portal?
It doesnt show anything to me

Just Imagine tuition fee, when it's not as if I'm going to UToronto or MIT or Harvard. Something needs to be done about this school, I feel they should have a regulatory body that controls some thing like this (I mean it's not even a private school) how come their tuition is this expensive. Better schools don't cost this much (UCalgary = C$14000 for the year), (Uwaterloo around C$5000 - C$6000 per term).

And the most annoying thing is little or no scholarship/funding (the only thing dey give is just C$4800 bursary = C$800 per term for 6 terms).

Probability of getting a scholarship is less than 20% self.
Hi

Joelle111

May 30, 2018
Hi,

Where did u get the option to the pay the fee on their portal?
It doesnt show anything to me

Hi
Steps to follow:

Step 1: Log in to uoZone from the Students page. Under Finances and jobs, select Bank-to-bank transfer for international students.

Step 2: Process the payment.
  • Your name and student number are automatically entered.
  • Enter the amount to be paid in Canadian dollars.
  • Select the currency you're paying in.*
  • Finalize the transaction.
Step 3: Initiate the bank transfer.
  • Take the confirmation page to your local bank.
  • Your bank then transfers the funds to Western Union Business Solutions.
Step 4: Receive your payment confirmation.
  • The University adds the Canadian dollar equivalent to your student account and sends a confirmation to your @uottawa email account.

anacbee

Sep 30, 2019
Hello everyone!

I'm just waiting for accpetance letter.

Just wonder, how long was your process since you've uploaded all the documents, until receiving an answer.

My status is:

Last update: 2019-09-30
Your file is now complete. We will inform you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Applying for civil engineering Phd, for winter 2020 (late application).

Kaizuk_luffy

Mar 23, 2022
Hey guys, I have applied in uOttawa MSc in CS program for fall 2022 intake and my status changed to "Your file is now complete. We will inform you as soon as a decision has been reached. " on 15-03-2022. Any idea how much time it takes to recieve an offer after this update ?

quanquach

Jun 16, 2022
Hey guys, I have applied in uOttawa MSc in CS program for fall 2022 intake and my status changed to "Your file is now complete. We will inform you as soon as a decision has been reached. " on 15-03-2022. Any idea how much time it takes to recieve an offer after this update ?
Did you get offer from uOttawa?