+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
Hello again everyone! I just wanted to repost/update my timeline. I'm single and don't have any dependants. I used the old pathway.

PR Application sent to Vegreville:
October 13, 2017

Received by the cic:
October 18, 2017

Application Started:
December 7, 2017

OWP approved and Eligibility email:
January 24, 2018

PR application completed:
February 28, 2018

Interview schedule:
March 14, 2018

Do not be discourage and have faith.
:)
Congratulations! Are you a single applicant...?

Vnstfbn98

Jan 12, 2018
I got scheduled for final interview on March 15.
They give me the wrong location/province though.
Did anyone experienced having to request a change of location for the interview?
I called and emailed every number and address I was given but nobody picked up or replied even. Not sure what to do. I don’t really want to have to spend 1000$ in flights.

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
Did anyone experienced having to request a change of location for the interview?
I called and emailed every number and address I was given but nobody picked up or replied even. Not sure what to do. I don’t really want to have to spend 1000$ in flights.
Hi...could you able to reschedule your interview?

maryazab

Feb 2, 2018

Oh my gosh, this is worst than what happened to me. On the email, they sched me for an interview March 13 and then the next day they emailed me again and changed it to March 14. But you shouldn’t be interview on a different province, it has to be the nearest office to where you live. This is really weird. Hopefully, they emailed you too that they made a mistake.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hello again everyone! I just wanted to repost/update my timeline. I'm single and don't have any dependants. I used the old pathway.

PR Application sent to Vegreville:
October 13, 2017

Received by the cic:
October 18, 2017

Application Started:
December 7, 2017

OWP approved and Eligibility email:
January 24, 2018

PR application completed:
February 28, 2018

Interview schedule:
March 14, 2018

Do not be discourage and have faith.
:)

which office is the interview at and when did you receive the contact from that office? Was it a email or did they call you? my wife got her "PR completed" email on Feb 20th, but still no contact from the Etobicoke office

maryazab

Feb 2, 2018
which office is the interview at and when did you receive the contact from that office? Was it a email or did they call you? my wife got her "PR completed" email on Feb 20th, but still no contact from the Etobicoke office
CIC Vancouver Contacted me the next day via email when i got the permanent residency authorized. And then they changed it again the next day. But I’m living in Surrey and the area of the interview is close by. 5 min drive from our house.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
CIC Vancouver Contacted me the next day via email when i got the permanent residency authorized. And then they changed it again the next day. But I’m living in Surrey and the area of the interview is close by. 5 min drive from our house.
ah that's why its so fast. In etobicoke Ontario I hear that it is the busiest office for PR for caregivers. its been almost 2 weeks since that email and we have heard nothing.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
anyone get contacted from the etobicoke office yet? been 2 weeks for us so far an nothing,

also, when you are waiting for the PR card to come in the mail, can she leave the country?

Vnstfbn98

Jan 12, 2018
They told me they made a mistake and put me in the wrong queue. So they canceled my interview appointment and they are gonna reschedule me in the right province. So just waiting to hear my new interview date. It’s stressful.

Vnstfbn98

Jan 12, 2018
I read somewhere in this forum. Waiting time for interviews at the Etobicoke office is between 6 to 14 weeks. It is the busiest office in Canada.

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
They told me they made a mistake and put me in the wrong queue. So they canceled my interview appointment and they are gonna reschedule me in the right province. So just waiting to hear my new interview date. It’s stressful.
Hopefully you'll get the new date soon in your city...God bless you!