+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017
I am still waiting for any hope that my application is ok and in process. This is killing me!!

Joeythecat maybe the application is not in process yet , maybe they only let you know that they have the application. It just doesn't make any sense, why they would let you know about they received the application but it is not in process!
Let's keep waiting with hope!!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
on the ECAS site, it says that it is in process, but on the cic gckey site it wont let us link the paper application.
You can see the status of your PR but never the status of LCP work permits. Thats been my experience even when a decision has been made? Its shows no information during the process ever

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Just call CiC and they informed me they posted my open work permit from May 3rd 2017!! Can you imagine that? So i am here waiting 16weeks....

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Just call CiC and they informed me they posted my open work permit from May 3rd 2017!! Can you imagine that? So i am here waiting 16weeks....
so how long did it actually take you until May 3rd? When did you apply? Also, why didn't anyone tell you or why didn't you receive it?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I applied 3rd April so i am looking for 16weeks which was yesterday. Its at my address because of 24hrs job i dont really check mail at my families address unless i am expecting it....

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I applied 3rd April so i am looking for 16weeks which was yesterday. Its at my address because of 24hrs job i dont really check mail at my families address unless i am expecting it....
Well CONGRATULATIONS! You didn't receive any type of notification, they just sent it to your mailing address? I cant wait to open our mailbox and see it sitting there! its been exactly 8 weeks since they received our application, but we just got the email that they are processing last week. We are hoping for the OWP in the next few weeks!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I really have to thank God. Wp in 4 weeks is really unheard of in all my experiences! So thank you Lord because i have been praying hard......

Em11

Jan 28, 2016
After reading Lanina post i called Cic. waited for 40 mins. I was told that they are processing applications received on Mar 16th.
She didnt even ask my UCI to look up my application.
Anyways here is my timeline again
Application sent: Mar 31st 2017
Received: April 4th 2017
AOR: May 2nd 2017
Started Processing: May 4th

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017
After reading Lanina post i called Cic. waited for 40 mins. I was told that they are processing applications received on Mar 16th.
She didnt even ask my UCI to look up my application.
Anyways here is my timeline again
Application sent: Mar 31st 2017
Received: April 4th 2017
AOR: May 2nd 2017
Started Processing: May 4th
That is so weird my friend, I called CIC last week and the agent told me that they are working on applications received in May 15th and Joeythecat sent his fiancee's application in May 24th and they got an email already.
Did they tell you March 16th or May 16th?

Em11

Jan 28, 2016
That is so weird my friend, I called CIC last week and the agent told me that they are working on applications received in May 15th and Joeythecat sent his fiancee's application in May 24th and they got an email already.
Did they tell you March 16th or May 16th?
i got the acknowledgement receipt on May 2nd and they sent another one saying they started processing on May 4th but today is 16 weeks and i havent received OWP. Still waiting.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
i got the acknowledgement receipt on May 2nd and they sent another one saying they started processing on May 4th but today is 16 weeks and i havent received OWP. Still waiting.
you need to call them and make sure they they actually look into YOUR account. Tell them that you want an update on your account, you should give them your UCI number

Em11

Jan 28, 2016
UPDate my OWP was sent on May 11th 2017. It was sent to my employers address.
So now i am trying to get in touch with my previous employer to see if they received it.