Received by CIC : feb 5, 2015
AOR- email : March 10, 2015

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
question for the experts:

is the four year cap valid also for OWP spouses of international students? what if the student is on a phd program and takes more than four years to complete it?

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can now access my e-cas. It's show "Application Received" :D

Timeline:
Submitted PR/OWP : feb 2, 2015
Received by CIC : feb 5, 2015
AOR by email : march 10, 2015

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
I just read about the open work permit holder's fee. I thought you only have to pay for that. I didnt know it should be paid together with the work permit fee. I dint pay mine, are they gonna send my application back? Am I gonna be out of status if that happens?

memei0422

Mar 3, 2015
Marie1234 said:
I just read about the open work permit holder's fee. I thought you only have to pay for that. I didnt know it should be paid together with the work permit fee. I dint pay mine, are they gonna send my application back? Am I gonna be out of status if that happens?
usually cic returns applications with incomplete requirements including the payments. My friend's application was returned because of incomplete payment. In case they return your application, you will not be out of status as long as you have the extended valid wrk permit as a live in caregiver.

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
memei0422 said:
usually cic returns applications with incomplete requirements including the payments. My friend's application was returned because of incomplete payment. In case they return your application, you will not be out of status as long as you have the extended valid wrk permit as a live in caregiver.
Oh no, my work permit will expire on April 8th. I called them earlier today, and they said they might return the application. They told me i can either wait for CIC's reply or send in another application with cover letter explaining what happened. I decided to mail another application today and I'm planning to submit one online too.

memei0422

Mar 3, 2015
Marie1234 said:
Oh no, my work permit will expire on April 8th. I called them earlier today, and theyhey might return the application. They told me i can either wait for CIC's reply or send in another application with cover letter explaining what happened. I decided to mail another application today and I'm planning to submit one online too.
you should renew your work permit at least one month before the expiration so you will not be out of status while waiting for your OWP. When your current wrk permit expires, you will be in an implied status if you already submitted an extension before the expiration. Anyway, i dont think there's an online application for owp together with p.r .

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
memei0422 said:
you should renew your work permit at least one month before the expiration so you will not be out of status while waiting for your OWP. When your current wrk permit expires, you will be in an implied status if you already submitted an extension before the expiration. Anyway, i dont think there's an online application for owp together with p.r .

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brit14344 said:
The last owp released i heard was March 10, CIC received: Dec. 19, 2015. So we need to wait 2015 applicants we are next in line :)
Thank you! Can't wait :p