+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
gingersnap said:
hello! what if my passport got renewed and all the stamps and visa were all n the old passport, am i still gonna include? TIA
yah same here. i renewed my passport. so i photocopy my new and old passport (with the name and picture page), visas and stamps (old passport)

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brit14344 said:
Hi any update? Did you receive anything from CIc? Thanks :)
No email yet. how about you? I've read in the thread- pr application 2014. Most of them received an AOR after a month, some after a month and a half. Its dreadful to wait

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Poodle8 said:
No email yet. how about you? I've read in the thread- pr application 2014. Most of them received an AOR after a month, some after a month and a half. Its dreadful to wait
No emails yet :( but still praying :)

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
brit14344 said:
everyone has different perception on this, if they will use timesheet or not even though they will just use regular hours and dont have OT. but just to make sure I included timesheets in my application because i dont have problem on signing it to my employer. but its up to you. i already ask some 2014 applicants and they already received owp and they also include timesheets on their application.
i am going to make a timesheets of REGULAR HOURS worked but my question is am i gonna check n the document checkllist stating timesheets signed by current n previous employers CLEARLY indicating the date and number of hours worked for ALL OVERTIME hours claimed. im confused.

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the application for open work permit?
Which exactly from the document checklist should I submit?

Photocopies of passport
Immigration document
Live-in caregiver contract

Do I need to the LMIA provided by ESDC?? Is that the LMO confirmation?

Thanks..

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Marie1234 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the application for open work permit?
Which exactly from the document checklist should I submit?

Photocopies of passport
Immigration document
Live-in caregiver contract

Do I need to the LMIA provided by ESDC?? Is that the LMO confirmation?

Thanks..
Hi Marie,
Are you applying under the LIC program? In that case you are sending your application for OWP with your application for PR? I'm not sure that you need to submit your live-in caregiver contract when applying for OWP. The contract should apply only when you are seeking an extension with the same employer...if i remember correctly.
Did the website provide a document checklist?

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
Julsen said:
Hi Marie,
Are you applying under the LIC program? In that case you are sending your application for OWP with your application for PR? I'm not sure that you need to submit your live-in caregiver contract when applying for OWP. The contract should apply only when you are seeking an extension with the same employer...if i remember correctly.
Did the website provide a document checklist?
Yup I am applying under LIC and I'm sending my OWP application together with my PR application.

I have the document checklist. But its really confusing. I read the guidelines but it doesn't say which of the checklist should I submit it with..

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marie1234 said:
Yup I am applying under LIC and I'm sending my OWP application together with my PR application.

I have the document checklist. But its really confusing. I read the guidelines but it doesn't say which of the checklist should I submit it with..
Checklist for owp IMM 5556, application form IMM 5710

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brit14344 said:
@ poodle8 hi, any update from your application? Me nothing yet. Still praying :(
Hi! No news yet. By the way what option did you used? Are u a single applicant? Keep us posted and include me in your prayer ;D thanks!

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Poodle8 said:
Hi! No news yet. By the way what option did you used? Are u a single applicant? Keep us posted and include me in your prayer ;D thanks!
i used option 2 and single applicant. i called CIC last week :) because i already resign here in my employer. ill be staying here until april 30 so i really need it before april 30. they said they are opening the application received from Jan. 21 onwards... so lets wait and pray... God bless us :)

memei0422

Mar 3, 2015
Hi :) I'm a newbie here. I just want to share my timeline.

OWP/PR sent to CPC vegreville- january 20, 2015
CIC recieved- january 23, 2015
AOR recieved by email- february 25, 2015

Still waiting for OWP.. let's just pray and wait..be positive. :D

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
memei0422 said:
Hi :) I'm a newbie here. I just want to share my timeline.

OWP/PR sent to CPC vegreville- january 20, 2015
CIC recieved- january 23, 2015
AOR recieved by email- february 25, 2015

Still waiting for OWP.. let's just pray and wait..be positive. :D
Thanks for the update! Keep us posted!
Submitted PR/OWP : Feb 3
Received : Feb 5
AOR : none yet