File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2017 / ECAS DM: 06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 17-04-2017
Hi! i'm new here. I just wanna ask about police certificate. I worked in Saudi Arabia last 2011-2013. I have an old saudi police certificate with me with the english translation from saudi. Im a live in caregiver here since june 2013. Im about to apply for my OWP & PR this month. My question is,, Do I have to submit a saudi police certificate for my application? because i heard that i have to submit police certificate from countries i lived for more than 6 months. but i tried to check the cic website it says that "it is only available for current legal residents". does it mean it's okay i don't submit one? or can i use my old saudi police certificate which i used when i applied here as LIC in riyadh. here's what i found on cic website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

If you are not a citizen of Saudi Arabia:

If you live in Saudi Arabia:
Certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you live outside of Saudi Arabia:

Anyone here can give me advice? I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance. God bless!

nid evol

Jun 2, 2015
hello guys,

i have a question regarding to the payment date of my tax and salary, they are both different, my employer pay me every last friday of the month.
and he pay my tax before the 15th of the month, like exact 15 or 14. now my question is, if im going to make a summary of my salary and deduction, what date should i put there? is it in my payslip? like may 29, 2015? in my t4, there is no summary on when my employer paid my tax. is it ok if i put the date like Jan 30, Feb 27, march 31,2015.

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
gennybuen said:
march 10 submitted. did you receive aor?
Ya i received aor april 3rd. But I submitted my pr application march 1st. I had to re-submit my owp application because i made a mistake with the open work holders fee payment. Im still waiting for OWP. Last time I called, they said its still in process

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
gennybuen said:
No owp yet. ive known a friend who submitted her application march 12 and got owp june 2 while another one feb 27 and still waiting for owp. well it depends how VO respond to our papers. March 9, 10 and 11 applicants still waiting. It will come in the right time. Keep praying and hope for the best.
Hi, just want to ask if you filed through the former pathway? Have you heard anyone who applied for PR for caregiver under new pathway? I am planning to file this August under new pathway.. I'm looking for topic/thread about this but can't find even one. I hope you can give me some input if then you know someone who applied through new pathway. thanks.

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi! i'm new here. I just wanna ask about police certificate. I worked in Saudi Arabia last 2011-2013. I have an old saudi police certificate with me with the english translation from saudi. Im a live in caregiver here since june 2013. Im about to apply for my OWP & PR this month. My question is,, Do I have to submit a saudi police certificate for my application? because i heard that i have to submit police certificate from countries i lived for more than 6 months. but i tried to check the cic website it says that "it is only available for current legal residents". does it mean it's okay i don't submit one? or can i use my old saudi police certificate which i used when i applied here as LIC in riyadh. here's what i found on cic website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Anyone here can give me advice? I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance. God bless!

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
kimmwahli said:

Hi, I also came from Saudi arabia, are you going to apply under the new pathway for caregiver? Thanks

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
espasol said:
Hi, I also came from Saudi arabia, are you going to apply under the new pathway for caregiver? Thanks
Hi,, nope. i'm going to apply under the old program. do you have any advice/idea on my concern about saudi police certificate? thanks!

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Hi there! for caregiver applicants of OWP/PR this month and last month, do we/ did you have to pay the newly implemented "open permit holder fee" $100 when we apply/ you applied for the open permit? Thanks!

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Validity of owp depends on passport expiration, is this true?

Ill submit my application next month and my passport will expire on august 2016.

Kindly advise please... Thank you. :)

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
iceebaby said:
Hi there! for caregiver applicants of OWP/PR this month and last month, do we/ did you have to pay the newly implemented "open permit holder fee" $100 when we apply/ you applied for the open permit? Thanks!

i think its best to just pay it... They will return it anwaysif you overpaid ( from what i read on this forum ) :D whats impt is they will start to process your application.

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
iceebaby said:
You don't have to pay the open work permit holder's fee. It does not apply to LIC applicants. If you over payed, they will refund the money. But its just gonna take months before you get it back.

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
iceebaby said:
no need. licp is exempted..that is only for inland sponsorship but i called cic last march and no need of additional 100$. got.my owp last week

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
gennybuen said:
no need. licp is exempted..that is only for inland sponsorship but i called cic last march and no need of additional 100$. got.my owp last week
Thank you!!!!! When did you apply for you OWP?

harryp091

Jun 9, 2015
Hi everyone. I would just like to share my timeline:

PR/OWP sent: June 2,2015
CIC Received: June 4, 2015
AOR by e-mail: June 9, 2015

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
harryp091 said:
Hi everyone. I would just like to share my timeline: