+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada After Signing and Mailing Application

aeropress

May 20, 2019
I signed and sent off my application on August 6th 2018. On August 10th I moved to the US under a TD visa (TN spousal visa). As a result my passport shows a US stamp on August 10th. The TD/TN visas are non immigration visas.

I still have my Canadian PR card and meet the requirement to keep my PR card (have spent more than 730 days in Canada during the last 5 years).

I was recently invited to take my citizenship test and interview. Is me having lived in the US since August going to be an issue?

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
I signed and sent off my application on August 6th 2018. On August 10th I moved to the US under a TD visa (TN spousal visa). As a result my passport shows a US stamp on August 10th. The TD/TN visas are non immigration visas.

I still have my Canadian PR card and meet the requirement to keep my PR card (have spent more than 730 days in Canada during the last 5 years).

I was recently invited to take my citizenship test and interview. Is me having lived in the US since August going to be an issue?
Hey, I am interested in the outcome of your case. Did you get all notifications from CIC via email? I hope it goes well. Please keep us posted. Cheers.

Last edited: