+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LCP - Question About "Experience" Requirement

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
I would like to hire a nanny under the LCP program. She is currently in Hong Kong, where she has been working as a nanny for 6 or 7 years. She also has two children of her own who are teenagers now.

She does not have the proper post-secondary training (she is a teacher by education, and I understand that teachers do not qualify, which doesn't make sense to me). But with her nanny experience, I am hoping she would qualify. My only concern is that the children she has been a nanny for are older children. When she began there, the youngest was 9 years old. So she does not have experience being a nanny for young children. She has been told by an agency in Hong Kong that she won't qualify for the LCP because of the age of the children she has worked with.

Will this be a problem for her application under the LCP? Will they even ASK her how old the children are?

My children are young - 5 month old twins and a 3 year old.

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
lucybear05 said:
Really - no one can help me??
As much as I want to help, i dont have a knowledge regarding LCP in other countries. I suggest you to like the fb page Pinoy to Canada. For sure someone can help you there.

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Just an update. After asking around as much as I could, a few people have told me that the "experience" requirement for the LCP (to be a nanny for children) is this: experience within the last three years with children UNDER 12. I can find nothing about this on the CIC website of course, which just says "relevant" experience, or "related experience", but a few people have told me that they think CIC applies a requirement of experience with children under 12.

So we won't be able to hire my nanny's cousin - the family she works for has only one child and that child is 16 or 17 now. So she does not have RECENT experience with a child UNDER 12.

I hope this might help someone, so thought I would post it here.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
lucybear05 said:
Just an update. After asking around as much as I could, a few people have told me that the "experience" requirement for the LCP (to be a nanny for children) is this: experience within the last three years with children UNDER 12. I can find nothing about this on the CIC website of course, which just says "relevant" experience, or "related experience", but a few people have told me that they think CIC applies a requirement of experience with children under 12.

So we won't be able to hire my nanny's cousin - the family she works for has only one child and that child is 16 or 17 now. So she does not have RECENT experience with a child UNDER 12.

I hope this might help someone, so thought I would post it here.
If your prospective nanny worked in hk for 7 years already and the child that she's looking after when she started there was only 10 years old. As long as she can provide evidence that she will able to do her job as a nanny to your family i think you can still hire here. I suggest if she can provide a reference letter from her current employer and state in the letter how she work well in their family, that would be okay