+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
Hi ,
I have a question regarding expiring passport of my daughter in May next year . Her pr application was already approved before 18th March 2020 with my wife as a principal applicant ...
What if I renew her passport right now as she has not yet travelled to Canada becoz her current visa and COPR has expired .....will it make any difference ..
What steps do I need to take to inform IRCC about the new passport for her as COPR and visa are issued basis the valid passport ...The reason of renewing the passport now is becoz of the rule that any visa can only be issued on the passport with the validity of 6 months left...
.In the situation if I decide to bring them over next year.... as I am yet to submit a web form to confirm travel of my family to IRCC
Can anyone of please throw some light on this situation ...
Thanks

Reactions: Adam261

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi ,
I have a question regarding expiring passport of my daughter in May next year . Her pr application was already approved before 18th March 2020 with my wife as a principal applicant ...
What if I renew her passport right now as she has not yet travelled to Canada becoz her current visa and COPR has expired .....will it make any difference ..
What steps do I need to take to inform IRCC about the new passport for her as COPR and visa are issued basis the valid passport ...The reason of renewing the passport now is becoz of the rule that any visa can only be issued on the passport with the validity of 6 months left...
.In the situation if I decide to bring them over next year.... as I am yet to submit a web form to confirm travel of my family to IRCC
Can anyone of please throw some light on this situation ...
Thanks
I think its absolutely fine, for me it was like my wife's visa was stamped on her passport and it was about to expire and I renewed it beforehand, no worries just go ahead and renew the passport.

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

"To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)"

I think this has changed in the last few days with the addition of the statement in parentheses. I don't remember them being this explicit. Its making me seriously reconsider travelling at this point.

AmyRao

Jul 17, 2020
@FJK1982 Can you tell us if someone in your contacts was able to come back to their home country after 3-4 weeks? If and what questions were asked at the immigration counter while coming back- considering they could see the landing date on passport...? Also all the best for your return ! Do share your experience.

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
@FJK1982 Can you tell us if someone in your contacts was able to come back to their home country after 3-4 weeks? If and what questions were asked at the immigration counter while coming back- considering they could see the landing date on passport...? Also all the best for your return ! Do share your experience.
Why would you go to the immigration counter on the way back?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi Amy and all,

I landed back safely just today and no one has asked any questions, it was seamless, checkin, grab your boarding pass, go through the security check and you are free to board the plane, and this exactly what happened. i am happy that i landed, processed my PR cards and back. Relaxed now!

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hi Amy and all,

I landed back safely just today and no one has asked any questions, it was seamless, checkin, grab your boarding pass, go through the security check and you are free to board the plane, and this exactly what happened. i am happy that i landed, processed my PR cards and back. Relaxed now!
Glad to hear that. Did you have to get a PCR test to come back to the UAE?

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
Amazing. So soft landing is indeed possible....

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
Congrats, I also came back a couple of days ago and had exactly the same experience.
Home country being where?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Amazing. So soft landing is indeed possible....
The soft landing that these posters are possibly referring to where as a minimum they met the 14 day quarantine and then planNed to leave which there would be nothing to stop them doing. So is not like a pre COVID soft landing, stay for a few days then leave.