+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,

I had the same issue I contact Service Canada and they sent me a link to apply a webform with the address so I advice you to contact them.
Thank you. Which extension did you dial in? I called several times and tried different extensions but no one answered.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
You're welcome. Your reports have helped me make a decision. What's your taking on travelling back after soft landing? Do you think it could be an issue later when all this has died down. When I landed, there were no directions that you could not travel back, but the website says you cannot go back to live in another country.
In real world, i dont think so that there will be any issue while going back to Canada after soft landing, there are hundreds of people going back on daily basis after soft landing, and i personally dont believe that CBSA or IRCC will be having that much time to open that topic with any immigrant that why you went back, it just doesnt make sense at all for me. Me myself is planning to return back to Canada permanently by mid 2021 if everything goes fine, if not will see how the things will go. Dont overthink as of now, and things will be much more different by end of this year or 2021 when everything settled down after this shitty covid.

Reactions: Batina

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
I got the number from IRCC website, try to call early morning or in the end of day hope you can reach them. Good Luck
Hey, better let them call you, try to book your call through Canada.ca/service-canada-e-service.

They will ask you some details and you have to provide your number, within 2 days they will call you, i used this service when i went to apply SIN in Service Canada office and one old lady gave me this to book an appointment as they will not allow any walkin people, Good Luck

Omar abdulazeez

May 25, 2019
Hey, better let them call you, try to book your call through Canada.ca/service-canada-e-service.

They will ask you some details and you have to provide your number, within 2 days they will call you, i used this service when i went to apply SIN in Service Canada office and one old lady gave me this to book an appointment as they will not allow any walkin people, Good Luck
Yeah I did an online appointment today for the SIN hopefully they respond after 2 business days.
I start conversation with you I have some questions if you may help me with.

Thank you.

Aryabhatt

Dec 12, 2018
Has anyone travelled through British Airways from India ? Are they allowing COPR holder issued before 18 March ?

sagarshah

Dec 21, 2017
Hello ,

If one is not comfortable to travel + if international flights from one’s region are still suspended , does an expired COPR would cancel / revoke the PR later on ? Would the COPR be cancelled if one could not travel because of COVID circumstances?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hello ,

If one is not comfortable to travel + if international flights from one’s region are still suspended , does an expired COPR would cancel / revoke the PR later on ? Would the COPR be cancelled if one could not travel because of COVID circumstances?
Hi,

Man, take it out from your mind a word called "revoke / cancel" please, don't just overthink and complicate things for yourself, there are thousands of people all around the world and for some reason their CoPR has been expired, there are 100's of reasons you might not able to fly before the expiry, God forbid you met with an accident, you can\t leave your work, someone is sick in your family etc... so just relax, as far as i know and even myself wrote to IRCC as i was in the same situation like yours, and i wrote to IRCC and below is their response.

"Your application will not be closed or refused as a result of not being able to travel within the validity of these documents due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. If you are unable to travel before your documents expire, please contact our office using a IRCC Web form within 90 days following expiry of your documents. "

So don't worry, things will be fine but keep it in mind that extension might take sometime...

Thanks.

sagarshah

Dec 21, 2017
Hi,

Man, take it out from your mind a word called "revoke / cancel" please, don't just overthink and complicate things for yourself, there are thousands of people all around the world and for some reason their CoPR has been expired, there are 100's of reasons you might not able to fly before the expiry, God forbid you met with an accident, you can\t leave your work, someone is sick in your family etc... so just relax, as far as i know and even myself wrote to IRCC as i was in the same situation like yours, and i wrote to IRCC and below is their response.

"Your application will not be closed or refused as a result of not being able to travel within the validity of these documents due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. If you are unable to travel before your documents expire, please contact our office using a IRCC Web form within 90 days following expiry of your documents. "

So don't worry, things will be fine but keep it in mind that extension might take sometime...

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Yes, that's the strict requirement, for me i flew with Etihad and covid test should not be more than 96 hours old, mine was around 80 hours something, but all went smooth without any issue.
Hi @FJK1982 - were you in Ontario? I live in Dubai and need to take the COVID-Test to fly back. Where did you take the test and how long did they take to give you your results?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi @FJK1982 - were you in Ontario? I live in Dubai and need to take the COVID-Test to fly back. Where did you take the test and how long did they take to give you your results?
Hey mate, no man i took my test in Saskatchewan - Prince Albert City, for them it took exactly 49 hours for me to revert back with the results, you need to be bit pushy and call them again and again to get the report, they will send you the report in your email, let me know if you find any otherwise i will ask in my whats app group (having 140 families) so someone can assist, Good luck, btw i am in Abu Dhabi.

Reactions: Batina

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hey mate, no man i took my test in Saskatchewan - Prince Albert City, for them it took exactly 49 hours for me to revert back with the results, you need to be bit pushy and call them again and again to get the report, they will send you the report in your email, let me know if you find any otherwise i will ask in my whats app group (having 140 families) so someone can assist, Good luck, btw i am in Abu Dhabi.
Thanks a lot - much appreciated. I remember that you said you were in Abu Dhabi. Hoping to fly back next week.

sagarshah

Dec 21, 2017
Hi,

Thanks.
Hello ,

Raised a WEB FORM to enquire about COPR extension.

IRCC mostly extends medical results validly to another 04-05 months which means mostly one does not have to do medicals again . As per travel plan they would issue further guidelines for travel

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hello ,

Raised a WEB FORM to enquire about COPR extension.

IRCC mostly extends medical results validly to another 04-05 months which means mostly one does not have to do medicals again . As per travel plan they would issue further guidelines for travel
Good Luck.

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hi @FJK1982 - was a report in the mail enough, or do you need a hard copy of the report as well?