+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
All, i am starting this thread to know and share the updates and discuss the effects of new latest travel restriction which has been imposed by Canada on the PRV holders who just can\t do the soft landing, means we should be moving permanently and not just for the sake of landing, same can be found in the below mentioned link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Please let me know if any body has reached out to IRCC and got any response.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The regulation is pretty clear. If it seems like you're doing a soft landing and not bringing all of your stuff to settle permanently, you won't be allowed entry.

kaustubhvir

Jul 13, 2020
This actually is a very difficult given the job scarcity due to covid. I am concerned what would happen if our PRV expires and we are unable to land. My plan was always to land first, travel back and forth to get job (i live on the US side of the border) and then finally move in permanently. Not sure what to do now..

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
This actually is a very difficult given the job scarcity due to covid. I am concerned what would happen if our PRV expires and we are unable to land. My plan was always to land first, travel back and forth to get job (i live on the US side of the border) and then finally move in permanently. Not sure what to do now..
Yeah...but not letting the people in will increase the expired CoPR's only,,,,and backlogs which will take time to clear...got stuck!

dsamerwyn

Mar 4, 2019
Has anyone got any update regarding this ? I have booked my flights for the 30th of this month. Now I am not sure what to do .

kaustubhvir

Jul 13, 2020
I'm in bahrain, booked a return trip - 30 july and back on the 14th of August. My copr is valid only till september .
ohh.. I am not sure regarding Bahrain.. please do re-check once before you travel .. I know we can travel from US .. but only to settle ..

dsamerwyn

Mar 4, 2019
ohh.. I am not sure regarding Bahrain.. please do re-check once before you travel .. I know we can travel from US .. but only to settle ..
Yeah at the website it says outside canada . Which I am assuming is everywhere, has anyone checked with cbsa or ircc ?

GKCanada1

Jul 15, 2020
Can someone tell me when was this initiated? As I didn't see this clause before. I have my ticket booked for this Saturday and was hoping to return back by August.
I am from Pakistan. My COPR expires on September 20th.

dsamerwyn

Mar 4, 2019
Can someone tell me when was this initiated? As I didn't see this clause before. I have my ticket booked for this Saturday and was hoping to return back by August.
I am from Pakistan. My COPR expires on September 20th.
Its there in the website : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

I tried contacting them over the phone, no answer. Would appreciate if you could keep us informed here in case you find out anything.

GKCanada1

Jul 15, 2020
Yikes, I didn't see that a few days ago, must have been a recent addition. I have tried calling them as well. I even got my quarantine plan ready as well and all. Sigh, this sucks, Covid-19 sucks.

I will certainly update this thread if I hear anything.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The regulation is pretty clear. If it seems like you're doing a soft landing and not bringing all of your stuff to settle permanently, you won't be allowed entry.
Wow. I missed this. Do we know when this was added?

GKCanada1

Jul 15, 2020
What I have learned is this - you can travel but please be aware that the border officials will make a considerable fuss over it. Chances are that you will be denied entry as well. This I have found through recent travellers to Canada that have decided to stay there permanently or for extended period of time. I am still waiting for official confirmation.

Last edited: