+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing using COPR and returning back

Dinavijay

Jul 19, 2018
Hi ... we have received our COPR and are currently in US on H1. Planning to do initial landing with family by Aug 1st week and will be sending back my family to US on the same day I am planning to stay back in Toronto to settle things and bring them back permanently by Aug last week

we will be doing the landing procedure by road through Peace bridge ...

1) Can me and family use the ARV to reenter into US since I have a valid i797 until 2020.

2 ) Also when we reenter back in to Canada by last week of Aug can we use the same COPR copy or will we need to apply for a PRTD at New York Canada visa office. ( this reentry also will be by road through peace bridge)

Last edited:

Dinavijay

Jul 19, 2018
2. As long you have COPR and crossing border in private vehicle/taxi etc you don't need PR cards or PRTD.

So does that mean if my COPR expiry is Sep 9th.... I can travel multiple times within that period to Canada using the same COPR by road ... will not require a PRTD or PR card

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
So does that mean if my COPR expiry is Sep 9th.... I can travel multiple times within that period to Canada using the same COPR by road ... will not require a PRTD or PR card
COPR expiry date is for first landing. You have to land before that date. After that you can use COPR+Passport to enter Canada.

Dinavijay

Jul 19, 2018
COPR expiry date is for first landing. You have to land before that date. After that you can use COPR+Passport to enter Canada.

Thank you ... so if we want to reenter after first landing and before PR card is received can use COPR + passport and PRTD is not required if entry is through land

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thank you ... so if we want to reenter after first landing and before PR card is received can use COPR + passport and PRTD is not required if entry is through land
Right. I did same thing in March 2018 after landing in Dec 2017. Showed my COPR and Passport at Land border and no questions were asked.

Dinavijay

Jul 19, 2018
Right. I did same thing in March 2018 after landing in Dec 2017. Showed my COPR and Passport at Land border and no questions were asked.
Thanks a lot for your response.... have one more clarification when you reentered US after your landing did you use Automatic Revalidation Visa or did you have a stamped active Visa

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Reactions: MiljanNB