+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview with Immigration Officer

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
I had a question on the statement. Does the statement have to be authenticated by any bank official (as in signed and stamped) or just a download from online account is sufficient to show to the official? Another way would be to get the statement directly from the bank's branch.

Thanks in advance!

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
arc_1090 said:
I had a question on the statement. Does the statement have to be authenticated by any bank official (as in signed and stamped) or just a download from online account is sufficient to show to the official? Another way would be to get the statement directly from the bank's branch.

Thanks in advance!
Since it is a document you'll be using for official purposes, it should be official. It must be signed and stamped by the service provider (the bank), confirming: the account is active, the account owner(you), and the account balance. In most cases, regardless your country, the bank will issue a letter (on official stationery) in addition to the statement - all signed and stamped by the bank. Basically, you claim, and the bank confirms, in writing - that's CIC's logic.

Anyone can put together a statement from an online banking platform - MS Excel, Adobe Illustrator etc, too many tools readily available to do that.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
morphious said:
Members, I will touch Pearson Intl on July 5, 2016 with my Mrs, and two kids under the age of 5. I am carrying CAD$4k in cash, plus I am having credit card of CAD$4000. Are these funds enough to show them as prove during landing interview?

Kind advice require!
Basically, you're a family of 4. According to the latest requirement, you should have a minimum of CAD22,603 (see link below)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
So, regardless the instrument you choose to hold your value (e.g. cash, card, bank draft, etc), the amount should total to the minimum amount required for the size of your family. How you prove the amount depends on your instrument of choice. Bank account - bank statement, cash - will be counted etc.

Pda

Mar 6, 2015
when I did the landing with my family. My wife did not firmly sign on the landing papers. You can see the signature in a very light ink. My fear is that with time it will also fade off. when we photo copy the landing paper signature is invisible.
My question is at the time of retirement when I use my landing paper for pension plan will I be asked why the signature is not visible.

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
next2015 said:
Since it is a document you'll be using for official purposes, it should be official. It must be signed and stamped by the service provider (the bank), confirming: the account is active, the account owner(you), and the account balance. In most cases, regardless your country, the bank will issue a letter (on official stationery) in addition to the statement - all signed and stamped by the bank. Basically, you claim, and the bank confirms, in writing - that's CIC's logic.

Anyone can put together a statement from an online banking platform - MS Excel, Adobe Illustrator etc, too many tools readily available to do that.
I just showed them a statement from a brokerage account.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
You can use your downloaded statements. But best to also get the bank to confirm (in writing) the account details and how much you have in there. You can do the latter by asking them to either send you a letter in the post of get them to write this out at the bank and print it on letter headed paper (they usually stamp it too if written in site).

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
morphious said:
Members, I will touch Pearson Intl on July 5, 2016 with my Mrs, and two kids under the age of 5. I am carrying CAD$4k in cash, plus I am having credit card of CAD$4000. Are these funds enough to show them as prove during landing interview?

Kind advice require!
It should be more than enough. IO just asked how much i had one me and how much i'm transferring later on. It was me and my waife. Basically they just want to know you have enough money to take care of your selves.