+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview with Immigration Officer

MacGyver

Mar 1, 2016
Is there any tips for talking to the Immigration Officer just after arrival at airport? What are the tough questions? Any do's-don't's???

CanadaNS

Feb 16, 2016
It's not even really an interview. They are just going to go over everything with you that is stated on your landing papers. They'll ask you to take a seat as they process the information in the computer and they'll call you back up to sign your landing papers.

MacGyver

Mar 1, 2016

As "Proof of Funding" what's the minimum amount I need to show at the interview?????
And it what format?????

I can't talk all the money from homeland besides, I have used much of it.... so need to know what's the minimum amount I need to take with me?

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Yes, the officer can ask you for money proof and you have to show the evidence of having them. Detailed information you can find here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

MacGyver

Mar 1, 2016
To get out of the airport for the 1st after landing... what's the minimum amount that I need to show them?????
As I am coming back again in my home country after few weeks, I don't want to take all my money now.
Please suggest.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MacGyver said:
To get out of the airport for the 1st after landing... what's the minimum amount that I need to show them?????
As I am coming back again in my home country after few weeks, I don't want to take all my money now.
Please suggest.
You don't need to carry the money when you are landing in Canada. But you may be asked for settlement funds as applicable in your particular situation. Use updated versions of the exact same documents that you submitted to IRCC. If you don't have the required money now, that could be a problem at immigration. You may even be refused entry if you're asked for settlement funds and are unable to provide convincing evidence of having exclusive access to unencumbered funds.

Not everyone gets asked for POF on landing but it's not worth the risk. Make sure you have the funds available in your bank account back home and you have statements to prove the same (or some combination of cash, travel cards, travelers cheques, drafts etc) when you decide to land in Canada.

trinni

Mar 18, 2016
Good evening everyone. Can any one tell me how long dose it takes to get your landing interview at etobicoke office after you get decision made. Thanks

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
trinni said:
Good evening everyone. Can any one tell me how long dose it takes to get your landing interview at etobicoke office after you get decision made. Thanks
Yours is a very unclear question. You're talking about a "landing interview" and "after you get decision made". You need to clarify on what your situation is exactly. That said, Etobicoke is an administrative district in the western part of Toronto. It boarders with the airport, perhaps that's where the confusion is coming from, on your side?

Anyways, if your flying in then your POE is Pearson Intl Airport. The "landing interview" takes about 10-15mins, at your POE, but that's how much time the IO spends attending to you. If you're unlucky to find a queue then you may wait longer before the IO attends to you.

trinni

Mar 18, 2016
Thanks for your reply I am an inland applicant protected person conventional fefugee. I got my DM two weeks ago and the letter say Etobicoke office will contact me. I was wondering what is the wait time to get the interview letter. Thanks

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Macguyver, have you landed yet? Did you have to answer any tough interview questions?

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
nikosyozzer said:
Macguyver, have you landed yet? Did you have to answer any tough interview questions?
i just landed a few days ago at the Pearson airport. No questions asked. Not even proof of funds. Piece of cake. Nothing to be worried about! Process took 10 min!

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
We are landing at St. John's next week. Will only be there for a day before coming back to settle all things etc and plan to go for good by the end of 2017.

Good luck matey

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Machiavelli, quick question for you mate.

Did you complete the Goods to declare when arriving and when bringing later form?

How did you list clothing items and footware etc? Did you group clothing items like: clothing items cost $xxx dollars?

Would be interested to know

morphious

May 26, 2015
Members, I will touch Pearson Intl on July 5, 2016 with my Mrs, and two kids under the age of 5. I am carrying CAD$4k in cash, plus I am having credit card of CAD$4000. Are these funds enough to show them as prove during landing interview?

Kind advice require!

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
You will not need to declare he cash. Ideally you should have bank statements with you to show that you have enough money in your bank account (doesn't need to be a Canadian account can be a genuine bank account statement, just like you provided when you applied)