+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada through USA during Covid-19

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to land in Canada during memorial day weekend through Windsor - Detroit border. Our application was approved before 03/18/2020.

Questions:
1. Has anyone recently completed their landing through Windsor - Detroit border during COVID 19 situation?
2. Has anyone used automatic revalidation(AVR) recently to travel back to the USA through the Windsor - Detroit border during COVID 19 situation after completing the quarantine period? Please tell us your experience and if you had any issues?
3. Has anybody recently traveled back to Canada through the land(Windsor - Detroit border) on your private car with just COPR and passport with no PR card in hand after you have completed your landing previously?

Please feel free to add your experiences and suggestions.

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
I am sure if it gets classified as essential and dealing with border agents is not easy. I would recommend you to ask CIC for extension.
As per IRCC website, you can travel as a permanent resident to Canada if your application was approved before March'18th 2020

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
As per IRCC website, you can travel as a permanent resident to Canada if your application was approved before March'18th 2020
Correct. Also, CIC sent out an email to me essentially saying the same thing. My COPR was approved in February 2020. I am planning to do a soft landing in second week of June as well. However, please note that the 14 day quarantine is still applicable to us.

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
Correct. Also, CIC sent out an email to me essentially saying the same thing. My COPR was approved in February 2020. I am planning to do a soft landing in second week of June as well. However, please note that the 14 day quarantine is still applicable to us.
Are you traveling from the USA to Canada?

nisu

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to land in Canada during memorial day weekend through Windsor - Detroit border. Our application was approved before 03/18/2020.

Questions:
1. Has anyone recently completed their landing through Windsor - Detroit border during COVID 19 situation?
2. Has anyone used automatic revalidation(AVR) recently to travel back to the USA through the Windsor - Detroit border during COVID 19 situation after completing the quarantine period? Please tell us your experience and if you had any issues?
3. Has anybody recently traveled back to Canada through the land(Windsor - Detroit border) on your private car with just COPR and passport with no PR card in hand after you have completed your landing previously?

Please feel free to add your experiences and suggestions.
Hi, I am in same boat as you are. I am planning to travel by car to Canada on June 1, and come back on AVR after 14 days. Can we talk over the phone?

May 23, 2020
Hi, I am in same boat as you are. I am planning to travel by car to Canada on June 1, and come back on AVR after 14 days. Can we talk over the phone?
Can you please update us on how it goes. I plan to travel first week on July too. Thanks,

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to move during this month or early next month. Would like to know your experience crossing border during COVID? Anyone travelled by Uhaul and has anything changed?

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
Hello,

I am planning to move during this month or early next month. Would like to know your experience crossing border during COVID? Anyone travelled by Uhaul and has anything changed?
I took a flight and it was a smooth experience for me. I know someone who took their own car and they had a smooth experience as well.

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
@nirjhar18 Congratulations of completing your landing! Did you do a soft landing or completed your final move? Also, may I ask in what detail did the Canadian immigration question about your quarantine plan? Were you able to declare and take any non-perishable food through to Canada for the quarantine period?

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
@nirjhar18 Congratulations of completing your landing! Did you do a soft landing or completed your final move? Also, may I ask in what detail did the Canadian immigration question about your quarantine plan? Were you able to declare and take any non-perishable food through to Canada for the quarantine period?
You should have a plan to tell them where are you staying. I showed them our Airbnb reservation. We flew to Toronto so we did not have any food with us.

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
@nirjhar18 Thank you for the reply. Yes we have airbnb set up and also have email exchanges with the host confirming that the place is suitable for quarantine (no common spaces, availability of grocery delivery services, initial groceries to be kept by the host prior to arrival). Is there anything else that they look for? Did you take uber or taxi to reach your airbnb? Also, did you get a phone call checking that you are following the quarantine process?

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
@nirjhar18 Thank you for the reply. Yes we have airbnb set up and also have email exchanges with the host confirming that the place is suitable for quarantine (no common spaces, availability of grocery delivery services, initial groceries to be kept by the host prior to arrival). Is there anything else that they look for? Did you take uber or taxi to reach your airbnb? Also, did you get a phone call checking that you are following the quarantine process?
That is more than enough. We took uber. I did not get any phone call but I know few people who did. Good luck to you.

Reactions: cicuser