+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019
I have a question about proof of funds while landing at the airport by air. My previous accounts had lower than threshold and now has more. Can I get only 1 month statement and bank letter and i have a 2 year account back home with some money too? I am inland applicant pnp program and work in canada but scared they might reject me for the POF. Also if you carry cash do they ask where it came from?
Any Ideas? Please help

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey! is it possible to take another medical or extend my medical? i plan to travel end Jan. Just mailed my passport today. T.T I just figured now that i need to do landing before my medical expires :/
Hi - I am in similar situation now. What was your COPR visa validity date? We are sending our PP for COPR and meds expire 2nd April. Not sure how timing will work out for us! IF you can share your experience will be helpful! Thanks.

wonderingnomad

Nov 13, 2018
Hi - I am in similar situation now. What was your COPR visa validity date? We are sending our PP for COPR and meds expire 2nd April. Not sure how timing will work out for us! IF you can share your experience will be helpful! Thanks.
Hey I landed Mid Feb. My consultant told me main thing is when your visa expires. I was told that my medical expires somewhere in Jan. But nowhere on paper said I need to land before that.

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey I landed Mid Feb. My consultant told me main thing is when your visa expires. I was told that my medical expires somewhere in Jan. But nowhere on paper said I need to land before that.
What was the validity for your COPR? We are waiting for our passports from OTTOWA. Sent on March 1st, received March 4th. Hoping this week we can get an update on return tracker activation.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
What was the validity for your COPR? We are waiting for our passports from OTTOWA. Sent on March 1st, received March 4th. Hoping this week we can get an update on return tracker activation.
Visa is valid exactly 1 year after medical exam, or the day of passport expiry date, whichever comes first.
If medical is done on for example on Feb. 1st 2018, visa will be valid till Feb. 1st 2019. (Assuming your passport will still be valid by that date).
You'll have to land before or on that day.
In winter season, flights often get canceled or delayed, so don't leave till the last minute to fly out.

wonderingnomad

Nov 13, 2018
Visa is valid exactly 1 year after medical exam, or the day of passport expiry date, whichever comes first.
If medical is done on for example on Feb. 1st 2018, visa will be valid till Feb. 1st 2019. (Assuming your passport will still be valid by that date).
In winter season, flights often get canceled or delayed, so don't leave till the last minute to fly out.
This is what I heard too. But I did my medical Jan 2018 and passport expiring 2020, I landed Feb 16 2019 without problem.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I'm still trying to figure out why my CoPR expiration date was different from my medical date. I did my medical on June 2nd but my expiration date on my CoPR was listed as June 8th. The only theory I have so far is that the medical provider didn't upload things until the 8th. Not that it matters now, haha.

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Your passport should take at least 20-25 days till you receive it as per current trend.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out why my CoPR expiration date was different from my medical date. I did my medical on June 2nd but my expiration date on my CoPR was listed as June 8th. The only theory I have so far is that the medical provider didn't upload things until the 8th. Not that it matters now, haha.
It happens almost in everyone's case . My medicals are expiring on Sept 14 but expiration date on my CoPR is sept 20th.

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all- quick update
We got our passports back from ottowa with the copr. Our meds expire 2nd April and we got our copr till 9th April. So we have just enough 2 weeks to do quick soft landing (we are in USA)
Planning to cross the border next weekend at peace bridge.
Do we need to apply for SIN while we are there or can we apply later when we move to Canada for good?
We are short on time and not sure will reach the SIN office before they close. Any inputs really appreciate it!

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all- quick update
We got our passports back from ottowa with the copr. Our meds expire 2nd April and we got our copr till 9th April. So we have just enough 2 weeks to do quick soft landing (we are in USA)
Do we need to apply for SIN while we are there or can we apply later when we move to Canada for good?
We are short on time and not sure will reach the SIN office before they close. Any inputs really appreciate it!
Hi friends! Really appreciate any feedback. We are really tight with timing!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all- quick update
No you don't need to get a SIN on the day you land. Double check if peace bridge has certain days and times for landing.