+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi.. Can I ask what did you mean with PR Card Application totally not needed? Don't they ask for it while applying for PRC at the airport? Should we not fill it there also? @qorax please share your point of view as well on this. Thanks.
You don't need to fill-up the PR card application form* separately. Our first PR card is automatic. It is linked to our PR application and the subsequent landing. Just have a Canadian address ready (a pre-printed slip of it is wise), the CBSA officer handling your landing documentation will do the needful.

*it is only required for subsequent PR cards, including for renewing it

Reactions: drjyoti

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
You don't need to fill-up the PR card application form* separately. Our first PR card is automatic. It is linked to our PR application and the subsequent landing. Just have a Canadian address ready (a pre-printed slip of it is wise), the CBSA officer handling your landing documentation will do the needful.

*it is only required for subsequent PR cards, including for renewing it
Thanks @qorax thank you so much.. this is a great help indeed. I was so confused with this thing earlier that IM5444 is a requirement.

Reactions: qorax

@mitS

May 5, 2018
Hey Guys,

We got our PR through SINP & we are planning on moving to Canada early next year. I have a small query about if we are allowed to spent some time with our friends in Vancouver before moving to Regina, Saskatchewan or will that be an issue?
At the time of landing I will be providing them with the address in Regina for PR card and will also carry my tickets to Regina from Vancouver, which would be of week after we land in Canada.
Any advice on this pls??

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

We got our PR through SINP & we are planning on moving to Canada early next year. I have a small query about if we are allowed to spent some time with our friends in Vancouver before moving to Regina, Saskatchewan or will that be an issue?
At the time of landing I will be providing them with the address in Regina for PR card and will also carry my tickets to Regina from Vancouver, which would be of week after we land in Canada.
Any advice on this pls??
Feel free to do that. Won’t be a problem, not at all.

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
Hi.. with anxiety getting over my nerves as I have my flight this Fri for soft landing in Canada for a week, need guidance on goods to follow list. I have some jewellery amounting to around CAD 22000. Please suggest if I can declare all of it, would that be a problem? We are 2 adults and one infant travelling, would splitting the list among 3 of us a good idea? Should I not declare all of it? Is there any max limit? I won't have any source to declare for it as it is gifted and all through marriage and other family function. @qorax please help. Also, I am prepared with following documents - COPR, Passports, Photos as per the specs, proof of funds, infant immunisation record, WES evaluations, Experience and reference letters from employers in India. Am I missing anything? Looking forward to your earliest advise. Thank you.

Reactions: qorax

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi.. with anxiety getting over my nerves as I have my flight this Fri for soft landing in Canada for a week, need guidance on goods to follow list. I have some jewellery amounting to around CAD 22000. Please suggest if I can declare all of it, would that be a problem? We are 2 adults and one infant travelling, would splitting the list among 3 of us a good idea? Should I not declare all of it? Is there any max limit? I won't have any source to declare for it as it is gifted and all through marriage and other family function. @qorax please help. Also, I am prepared with following documents - COPR, Passports, Photos as per the specs, proof of funds, infant immunisation record, WES evaluations, Experience and reference letters from employers in India. Am I missing anything? Looking forward to your earliest advise. Thank you.

You can declare all of it. I declared more than 23k under goods to follow during my landing last month.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
You're all set ma'am. Go for it :)

Btw, the Goods' lists are one per family unit. And there's no limit to it's contents and value. I had 42 pages of goods-to-follow, with CAD80K in jewellery.

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
You're all set ma'am. Go for it :)

Btw, the Goods' lists are one per family unit. And there's no limit to it's contents and value. I had 42 pages of goods-to-follow, with CAD80K in jewellery.
Thanks @qorax the saviour :) Hope everything goes smooth during the landing.

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
Hello Folks, Happy to share that my landing happened absolutely smoothly today. Could not be any better. I was out of the airport within 1.5 hrs of aircraft landing. No hassle at all. Below is as it was -

1. Went to the self check-in kiosk for declaring customs formalities and got the printed slip
  2. The customer official asked me to show me the slip and reason for being there and asked me to move to Immigration section
  3. No queues at all here, straight away served by an Indian origin officer. Asked me if I am convicted or ever denied entry to Canada to which obvious answer was NO.
  4. Another question was how much CAD I was carrying. Asked me to show the COPR for all 3 of us. He stamped it with today's date and signed. Also, asked us to sign at respective places and welcomed us to Canada. He gave us a stamped receipt which we had to show at next desk.
  5. I checked with him for GTF list which he asked me to show at the next counter he sent us to. Meanwhile, Service Canada was not working today (They don't work on Sat & Sun) so have to postpone it to Mon.
  6. He mentioned some codes like 'S' and 'GTF' etc. on the receipt
  7. At next counter, I was asked to show them the receipt and Goods To Follow List. Had some jewellery declared along with the pics. He took some 5 mins to review and get it stamped before returning it to us for records and guided us through the exit door saying "Welcome to Canada"
  8. And phewwww, there we were at this beautiful country "Canada" with our friends waiting to welcome us next.

Cheers!! Hope this helps. Let me know of any questions. Thank you folks for all the help and support which helped me prepare well for this :)

Reactions: kuskus

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks, Happy to share that my landing happened absolutely smoothly today. Could not be any better. I was out of the airport within 1.5 hrs of aircraft landing. No hassle at all. Below is as it was -

1. Went to the self check-in kiosk for declaring customs formalities and got the printed slip
  2. The customer official asked me to show me the slip and reason for being there and asked me to move to Immigration section
  3. No queues at all here, straight away served by an Indian origin officer. Asked me if I am convicted or ever denied entry to Canada to which obvious answer was NO.
  4. Another question was how much CAD I was carrying. Asked me to show the COPR for all 3 of us. He stamped it with today's date and signed. Also, asked us to sign at respective places and welcomed us to Canada. He gave us a stamped receipt which we had to show at next desk.
  5. I checked with him for GTF list which he asked me to show at the next counter he sent us to. Meanwhile, Service Canada was not working today (They don't work on Sat & Sun) so have to postpone it to Mon.
  7. At next counter, I was asked to show them the receipt and Goods To Follow List. Had some jewellery declared along with the pics. He took some 5 mins to review and get it stamped before returning it to us for records and guided us through the exit door saying "Welcome to Canada"
  8. And phewwww, there we were at this beautiful country "Canada" with our friends waiting to welcome us next.

Cheers!! Hope this helps. Let me know of any questions. Thank you folks for all the help and support which helped me prepare well for this :)
Thanks for sharing and congrats! What time did your flight arrive?

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
Any one interested in short term stay at 9 Crescent Place, Toronto, M4C 5L8, Please respond here ASAP. By the way, Crescent Place is the best place to start life in Toronto. Large Apartment Rooms. Lots of amenities. Subway (Victoria Park) attached to the property via tunnel - needs literally 3/5 minutes walk. Doctors office, Diagnostic Labs, Pharmacy, Grocery, School, Day-Care, Gym all in the same premises.

By the way it is not for any business purposes, someone is leaving a unit and it will remain empty for some time. So it can be utilized for short term with the same $ amount of compensation as it is now.

Last edited:

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017

A WORD OF CAUTION FOLKS -
I went today for SIN to Service Canada for 3 of us in a family. They asked me that there is a problem with my kid's ;anding document that the immigration officer has forgot to sign the document. I had to go right away all the way back to airport to get that signed from Immigration officer. Not to mention, had to shell out some 100 CAD on taxi but also had to go through all the hassle for going to airport again and then to Service Canada again (mind you they don't let you access Service Canada at airport this time as you have not arrived via flight). So, as a precautionary measure, would suggest all people who are landing to cross check at the landing document that officer has completed it in al respects. A small advise but can save time, effort and money. Thanks.

Guru@9

Jan 9, 2016
Hi Qorax,

I did my landing in July and came back in August. I will be flying back for good in November. Unfortunately, I did not get my jewellery evaluation done during the 1st landing. Can I do it now without being taxed? Someone mentioned that I will be not be taxed if I declare it anytime within 1 year. Please advise.