+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
No you don't need to get a SIN on the day you land. Double check if peace bridge has certain days and times for landing.
Thanks for replying. The hours listed on the web are quiet confusing. It seems it is specific for folks who reside in Canada and leave the country , go to USA and come back just to reactivate their PR have specific times to enter at peace bridge. We are currently residing in USA and just want to do our soft landing. Do you know if these specific hours times listed are for all individuals crossing the border?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying. The hours listed on the web are quiet confusing. It seems it is specific for folks who reside in Canada and leave the country , go to USA and come back just to reactivate their PR have specific times to enter at peace bridge. We are currently residing in USA and just want to do our soft landing. Do you know if these specific hours times listed are for all individuals crossing the border?
Think you may be fine landing anytime coming from the US. The limits seems for people in Canada "flagpoling". Not an expert. Might want to post the question.

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Think you may be fine landing anytime coming from the US. The limits seems for people in Canada "flagpoling". Not an expert. Might want to post the question.
Thanks Canuck! Read few forums everyone is suggesting to come on posted times. Don’t want to take a chance I guess.

GaurriMangaonkar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Don't bother to fill out the form by yourself. The cashier you meet at the airport would fill it out for you anyways.
Hi there. I saw the E677 form. I'm confused as to what permanent address should we fill as I would only have the Airbnb address while landing n would finalize on renting house after landing. It's a silly question but confusing and don't want any troubles!
Also is there something like where you only declare if you cash more than 10k and not when you have 15k in account in India and around 3k in cash?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi friends! Really appreciate any feedback. We are really tight with timing!
You can apply for SIN whenever you want, but it's always best to do it soon after you land.
To do that, you have to go to a Service Canada Centre. They're of course closed on weekends.
So if you're going to still be there on Monday, or if you arrive early enough on Friday, then go to the closest one near peace bridge which is in Niagara Falls, 6080 McLeod Rd. They close at 4pm.

But if you don't have time, no worries, you can do that after you go back to Canada.

Reactions: ajj123

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
You can apply for SIN whenever you want, but it's always best to do it soon after you land.
To do that, you have to go to a Service Canada Centre. They're of course closed on weekends.
So if you're going to still be there on Monday, or if you arrive early enough on Friday, then go to the closest one near peace bridge which is in Niagara Falls, 6080 McLeod Rd. They close at 4pm.

But if you don't have time, no worries, you can do that after you go back to Canada.
Thank you! Really appreciate your reply. Will target to get out SIN soon after completing landing.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Does anyone know service Canada timings at Toronto airport ?
And Landing can be done any day /any time of the week. right ?

macpat

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
24-07-2014 / IP: 20-11-2014
Passport Req..
DM / PPR Feb - 10 - 2015
Best wishes and good luck to everyone !!
Canada is a beautiful country!!

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all

We just did our soft landing from USA to Canada via peace bridge.

Few inputs from this experience

• At peace bridge CBSA needs passport, copr, proof of funds and good to carry and goods to follow list.The officers are friendly and very cordial.
  • Till you get the PR cards, you can travel to Canada by road (not by air) using the copr stamped letter form the officer. This is if you don’t have the pr cards.
  • For goods to follow list the officer suggested to have serial numbers/year for all items that may have one. Make sure you carry the right forms for goods to follow. If carrying jewelry make sure you have pictures with value. 2 sets of everything.
If anyone has questions I am most happy to answer in my best capacity.

Good luck all!

Doris Wong

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Qorax, i have 1 quick question.
1. I have a diamond ear ring that was given to me as a gift. How should I list this item other than photographs?
2. my flight arrive at 1040pm. Will there be a problem to apply for my PR card, and submit the goods to follow form to CBSA?
3. I am not bringing anything with me as this is my soft landing, nothing will be left in Canada during this soft landing. Do I still need to complete the B4 form? or just B4A?

THank you for your advice!!!

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
1. I have a diamond ear ring that was given to me as a gift. How should I list this item other than photographs?- if you can take to a jeweler or an insurance company agent they can give u the evaluation

2. my flight arrive at 1040pm. Will there be a problem to apply for my PR card, and submit the goods to follow form to CBSA?- based on forums I’ve read you can land anytime and can complete all the processes. If you have questions you can call the CBSA toll Free number
3. I am not bringing anything with me as this is my soft landing, nothing will be left in Canada during this soft landing. Do I still need to complete the B4 form? or just B4A? - we did our soft landing on peace bridge. The officer made us fill the BSF186 just with basic name address details to show our landing and we already had BSF186a for goods to follow. So overal they need both forms. I would carry both forms to be on prepared side.
Hope this helps

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
1. I have a diamond ear ring that was given to me as a gift. How should I list this item other than photographs?
2. my flight arrive at 1040pm. Will there be a problem to apply for my PR card, and submit the goods to follow form to CBSA?
3. I am not bringing anything with me as this is my soft landing, nothing will be left in Canada during this soft landing. Do I still need to complete the B4 form? or just B4A?

1.Photo is mandatory for jewellery. Group all jewellery in same group.
2.Not at all. CBSA is working as long as the airport is open ;)
3.Both forms, regardless of soft or hard landing. By the way the forms are now called B186 and B186A

Doris Wong

Apr 1, 2019
Thank you so much for the clarification!
So what should I put on the B186 since I'm not bringing anything right now?? I checked the Settler box, is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you!!

Doris

1.Photo is mandatory for jewellery. Group all jewellery in same group.
2.Not at all. CBSA is working as long as the airport is open ;)
3.Both forms, regardless of soft or hard landing. By the way the forms are now called B186 and B186A

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for the clarification!
So what should I put on the B186 since I'm not bringing anything right now?? I checked the Settler box, is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you!!

Doris
Everything you'll be putting in your suitcase at time of landing.
Even if it's clothes and phone chargers. Group them by category. It's very unlikely you'll be asked to show it, but you never know.

Doris Wong

Apr 1, 2019
Thank you so much for clarification. I did list few categories. I created detailed list for goods to follow (if they fit into the categories, just mainly large items). Should I create a detail list and jewelry pictures of what I’m bringing in as well? I already did print out the pictures but it’s for the goods to follow. It is included in there.

Everything you'll be putting in your suitcase at time of landing.
Even if it's clothes and phone chargers. Group them by category. It's very unlikely you'll be asked to show it, but you never know.