+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Zaloony

Jul 8, 2017
Anyone can answer this question please ?
:(

Hi guys! I just found this amazing thread where there are great responses and help.
My only question here is about leaving Canada while the PR card is not issued yet. We are planning to ask a friend to send it back by courrier. Would this be a problem later on? anyone here did the same ? Can you please share your experience?

Thanks a lot and happy landing to everyone.

Reactions: Wolverine17

bhava

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
29-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
LANDED..........
13-11-2017
Hi.. i have a question guyz.
we are planning to fly by Emirates via dubai from India. My question is, can we do a stopover in Dubai on the way, transit for a day or two, before continuing the journey to Canada when we are traveling with COPR?
requesting people who have landed in canada already on PR to kindly shed some light on this.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. i have a question guyz.
we are planning to fly by Emirates via dubai from India. My question is, can we do a stopover in Dubai on the way, transit for a day or two, before continuing the journey to Canada when we are traveling with COPR?
requesting people who have landed in canada already on PR to kindly shed some light on this.
You should ask the airline because not everyone who landed pass through Dubai.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am planning to land at the end of the month. OINP so wondering if there is any requirement that I land in Toronto.
I would really like to go to Montreal and then rent a car and drive to Toronto, the main reason for this being that I will be taking my dog and cat with me and presently all flights to Toronto are mainly by Air Canada and they have an Embargo for pet travel until the 10th of September.
The other Airlines go through the US and I am not very interested in going through US as I will be carrying a lot of luggage, 2 kids and the pets.. it will be cumbersome to get all my luggage and recheck them in as required in US and then the waiting time at the airport is quite long, missed a connection last time.
So once I enter Montreal and complete my landing requirements is it enough to provide details of a car booking to show that I am travelling by road to Toronto. Is it ok to enter by road cause I remember reading somewhere that the entry into the province has to be by air ( I may be mistaken).
Then go through Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific (unless your dogs are those restricted) or Hong Kong airlines.

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Can someone reccomend best websites in terms of reputation and cost for booking international flights?thanks
Which is your origin port? You have to choose regional travel agent/website to find better prices. At the moment, I can recommend ixigo for comparing prices on different websites and one travel.

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hello! Preparing for landing! If we land in Toronto (destination Ottawa) I suppose immigration will do their work there? What if it lasts and we miss the plane to Ottawa? Layover is 2h, please advise!
Based on the info that I received. Your landing process will happen in your first landing port (ie, Toronto). I am not sure that 2 hr lay over is enough to complete the work. It depends on the officials and number of people pursuing landing process. I would recommend either to modify the flight between Toronto and Ottawa or go for on road options.

Reactions: astralsource

cat_woman

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-06-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
Were you directed to a secondary area after collecting your baggage or did the officer at the exit from the baggage claim area stamp your forms?
I collected my baggage only after completion with both Border security officers and before I went on to customs. The 2nd BSO will direct you to baggage claim and then tell you to go to customs from there.

win189

Jan 13, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to land at the end of the month. OINP so wondering if there is any requirement that I land in Toronto.
I would really like to go to Montreal and then rent a car and drive to Toronto, the main reason for this being that I will be taking my dog and cat with me and presently all flights to Toronto are mainly by Air Canada and they have an Embargo for pet travel until the 10th of September.
The other Airlines go through the US and I am not very interested in going through US as I will be carrying a lot of luggage, 2 kids and the pets.. it will be cumbersome to get all my luggage and recheck them in as required in US and then the waiting time at the airport is quite long, missed a connection last time.
So once I enter Montreal and complete my landing requirements is it enough to provide details of a car booking to show that I am travelling by road to Toronto. Is it ok to enter by road cause I remember reading somewhere that the entry into the province has to be by air ( I may be mistaken).

As per FAQ 4 in the below link, you can land in Montreal.
if prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.

Reference:
http://www.canadavisa.com/landing-in-canada-as-a-permanent-resident-faq.html

Last edited:

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
I collected my baggage only after completion with both Border security officers and before I went on to customs. The 2nd BSO will direct you to baggage claim and then tell you to go to customs from there.
Hi. Can you please tell me if immigration officer asked for the POF prior to landing? If they did, did u carry cash or any other means. :)

Rohityuv31

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Please help

Is it possible that if my wife accompanies me to the Canada after i receive my PR Invitation can she come back to India after 1 month ??

also she can come back to canada after 7-8 months ,please revert??