+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hi all,
I m trying to book flight from new Delhi to Toronto, but the airlines have not mentioned if a seperate visa is needed for layover or connecting flights. Can someone help me on the same plz. Would a layover to London , require a UK transit visa. Which flights can be checked for the same. Your quick response would be appreciated.
You don't need a transit visa in US and Europe, only middle eastern countries need transit visas. Just check your itinerary it will clearly mention if you need a transit visa.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimpleMac

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Wrong. The US will definitely require a transit visa.
You're best to fly with any middle-eastern airlines as that will not require any visas.
Or fly directly with Air India.

PR Cards are automatically issued as part of landing process, simply have Canadian address ready to give to immigration officer.
There is no requirement of stay, u can leave same day or next day whenever u need to.

Reactions: qureishi

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're best to fly with any middle-eastern airlines as that will not require any visas.

PR Cards are automatically issued as part of landing process, simply have Canadian address ready to give to immigration officer.
There is no requirement of stay, u can leave same day or next day whenever u need to.
Thank you so much friend!

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Lot of questions and great responses! Thank you all for those who have been contributing to this amazing knowledge share. Have a couple of questions:

1. Is PR card applied at Port Of Entry or after entering Canada from a local service center in Toronto?
At POE
2. What else must we do in the "short landing" apart from applying for PRC?
Not mandatory, however you can do the following
- apply for SIN
- open bank account
- if possible get a credit card and start building credit history

3. Is there a minimum stay need during the "short landing"? I plan to be there for a week but would cut it shorter if we need to do nothing else
You can return the next flight.

Reactions: ldrbjp

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hi all,
I m trying to book flight from new Delhi to Toronto, but the airlines have not mentioned if a seperate visa is needed for layover or connecting flights. Can someone help me on the same plz. Would a layover to London , require a UK transit visa. Which flights can be checked for the same. Your quick response would be appreciated.
Check the below link for visa information. Key in the particulars and it would let you know about visa requirements

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/#.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016

I think I was wrong, learned something new. I always had a work permit during my stay in Europe and USA never realized this bit.

--->https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/4859/do-i-need-a-us-visa-to-transit-or-layover-through-an-american-airport<--
Unlike many other countries, US airports do not have any form of physical immigration controls when you are departing the country on an international flight. In fact, in most airports there isn't even a concept of an "International" terminal/gate, with the same gates frequently being used for international flights and domestic flights.

As a result of this they can't enforce the concept of a 'transit' passenger - once you're in the departure area, even if you got there on the pretext of catching another international flight out of the country a few hours later, there's nothing to stop you boarding a different domestic flight, or even simply walking out of the airport!

This means that ALL passengers arriving on international flights in the US must have the legal right to enter the US; i.e, you must either be a US citizen/green card holder, be from a country that is a part of the US Visa Waiver Program and have a valid ESTA, or have a US Visa.

If you require a Visa then there is a "Transit Visa" (C) available which is normally a little easier to obtain than a normal visa, but you'll still need to go through the full visa application process, including showing proof that you intend to leave the US (almost) immediately.
-->

sheprek

Oct 31, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
11-02-2017
Nomination.....
27-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Hi,
I am planning to land at the end of the month. OINP so wondering if there is any requirement that I land in Toronto.
I would really like to go to Montreal and then rent a car and drive to Toronto, the main reason for this being that I will be taking my dog and cat with me and presently all flights to Toronto are mainly by Air Canada and they have an Embargo for pet travel until the 10th of September.
The other Airlines go through the US and I am not very interested in going through US as I will be carrying a lot of luggage, 2 kids and the pets.. it will be cumbersome to get all my luggage and recheck them in as required in US and then the waiting time at the airport is quite long, missed a connection last time.
So once I enter Montreal and complete my landing requirements is it enough to provide details of a car booking to show that I am travelling by road to Toronto. Is it ok to enter by road cause I remember reading somewhere that the entry into the province has to be by air ( I may be mistaken).

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Hello! Preparing for landing! If we land in Toronto (destination Ottawa) I suppose immigration will do their work there? What if it lasts and we miss the plane to Ottawa? Layover is 2h, please advise!

Last edited:

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Quick question.
I migrated with my dad, stepmom, and stepsister in Canada back in 2011. I was a minor then and just wondering if we received single COPR for the whole family or that was issued individually? Landing document is COPR right?

Thanks, please advise!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
You don't need a transit visa in US and Europe, only middle eastern countries need transit visas. Just check your itinerary it will clearly mention if you need a transit visa.
Am sorry to hijack the thread but do you mean that for indirect flights from
Middle eastern countries will need a transit visa?

Zaloony

Jul 8, 2017
Hi guys! I just found this amazing thread where there are great responses and help.
My only question here is about leaving Canada while the PR card is not issued yet. We are planning to ask a friend to send it back by courrier. Would this be a problem later on? anyone here did the same ? Can you please share your experience?

Thanks a lot and happy landing to everyone.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question.
I migrated with my dad, stepmom, and stepsister in Canada back in 2011. I was a minor then and just wondering if we received single COPR for the whole family or that was issued individually? Landing document is COPR right?

Thanks, please advise!
Issued individually. Why don't you ask your parents?