+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

prince_nsu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Dear seniors

I am currently in toronto for a short stay. I will recieve my pr card after at least 60 days (according to few people who have reveive the pr card recently).

Now i am returning to dhaka in few days without pr card. My friend will receive the card on my behalf and will send me accordingly ( i heard this is illegal)

Now my question is - when i will be back to canada with my PR card in future, will any authority (immigration officer or citizenship authority) question me how i have received my pr card (since i left canada before i receive my pr card and i am sure they maintain all the records) ???

Do i need to inform the authority upfront that i need to go back to BD for some urgency without my PR card???

Nerd your suggestion

Thanks

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi all,
I m trying to book flight from new Delhi to Toronto, but the airlines have not mentioned if a seperate visa is needed for layover or connecting flights. Can someone help me on the same plz. Would a layover to London , require a UK transit visa. Which flights can be checked for the same. Your quick response would be appreciated.

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Guys, the info in this thread has been immensely helpful. Keep up the good work :)

Can anyone advise me how risky is it to travel without PR card and later ask a friend to courier the same?
Can there be any exceptional instances where the processing of PR card was not as smooth as norm and the department wants to apply for the PR card again? Or the PR card is not delivered to friends address. What happens in such exceptional cases where due to some reason i haven't received PR and am outside Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear seniors

I am currently in toronto for a short stay. I will recieve my pr card after at least 60 days (according to few people who have reveive the pr card recently).

Now i am returning to dhaka in few days without pr card. My friend will receive the card on my behalf and will send me accordingly ( i heard this is illegal)

Now my question is - when i will be back to canada with my PR card in future, will any authority (immigration officer or citizenship authority) question me how i have received my pr card (since i left canada before i receive my pr card and i am sure they maintain all the records) ???

Do i need to inform the authority upfront that i need to go back to BD for some urgency without my PR card???

Nerd your suggestion

Thanks
That's not illegal and you don't need to inform anyone about traveling without PR card. If you don't have the card with you on your return to Canada, you need PRTD.

soulseek

Mar 29, 2017
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Med's Request
19/08/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2016
LANDED..........
21/06/2017
I booked a car from Toronto airport. Will land soon. But I have a valid Indian driving license, expired US license with with clean US driving record. My question is: will they allow me to take the rented car?
Thanks
i think you need to check with the car rental company ... all of them should accept international driving licenses (they accepted mine from the UK without any questions) but they might have a different criteria for an indian license

soulseek

Mar 29, 2017
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Med's Request
19/08/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2016
LANDED..........
21/06/2017
They did not ask for proof of funds at landing? Besides copr are there any other docs I should carry
they generally dont ask ... didnt ask me for sure ... but i assume thats because you have already had to provide evidence of funds when applying ... but, you should always have the full documentation with you so best you have a bank statement (or whatever form you are planning to take with you) ready in case they do ask

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi....

I have two questions
First one.... i have cash in icici bank... how do i transfer cash to canada? can i do that after reaching there?

Second is....... what is exactly the list of "goods accompany " do we have make list of cloths also ??? or just any electronic things we are carrying ?
i am pretty much confused with it.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi all,
I m trying to book flight from new Delhi to Toronto, but the airlines have not mentioned if a seperate visa is needed for layover or connecting flights. Can someone help me on the same plz. Would a layover to London , require a UK transit visa. Which flights can be checked for the same. Your quick response would be appreciated.
Hi all,
Can someone plz help me on this, would i need British tranist visa for my layover there. Which other airlines can be considered. Prompt response will be much appreciated

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hi all,

Countries like UK and US demand transit visa. You can find hints in some booking websites like makemytrip, etc. According you can select flights connection any of your choice sites.

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hi all,
Can someone plz help me on this, would i need British tranist visa for my layover there. Which other airlines can be considered. Prompt response will be much appreciated

You have plenty of choices from NewDelhi to Toronto. Avoid USA and UK transits. Or you have apply for Airline transit visa for transfer at London.

Check transit visa hints in Makemytrip and compare cost in IXIGO. Final decision is yours.

Reactions: SimpleMac

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
You have plenty of choices from NewDelhi to Toronto. Avoid USA and UK transits. Or you have apply for Airline transit visa for transfer at London.

Check transit visa hints in Makemytrip and compare cost in IXIGO. Final decision is yours.
Thanks sarandsp for Ur response !

N3ags

Nov 25, 2015
Hi all

Question on landing and PoF.

Do you physically have to have the minimum funds on you when landing for the 1st time, or can you show you have the funds in your bank of original country? (not finalised yet -but planning to close bank accounts at later date and bring enough to 'get by' for a few weeks, which isn't enough for the minimum amount)

Thanks in advance!

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
Hello,
I have a question about inland landing for provincial nomination eAPR. My husband just recieved a request for passport to be stamped an immigrant visa and recieve his confirmation of permanent residence. Once we receive that then we will need to schedule a interview at Toronto. Does anybody know how soon after we can schedule that?

Thanks,

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lot of questions and great responses! Thank you all for those who have been contributing to this amazing knowledge share. Have a couple of questions:

1. Is PR card applied at Port Of Entry or after entering Canada from a local service center in Toronto?
2. What else must we do in the "short landing" apart from applying for PRC?
3. Is there a minimum stay need during the "short landing"? I plan to be there for a week but would cut it shorter if we need to do nothing else