+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucky_ss said:
Hello Seniors,

Am new to this forum. Recently received COPR and planning for a short landing. I have few questions to clarify:

1. Do We need Physical funds (in CAD$) or Bank Statements/Deposits in other Currency will suffix at Immigration during landing.
You don't need hard cash but need to show the proof, many people mentioned it's better not to use your home country's bank statement
2. Due to short landing, due to need to inform Immigration officer and how we could re-enter to Canada next time ( say after 3-4 months).
--No need to mention at the time of landing, there is no issue if you enter later.you would have to apply for travel document in absence of PR card
3. Also for Goods to follow list--> Can we get printed and attested by Immigration officer which we are going to bring during our second entry
-- It will be done on the form for "Goods to follow list"
Pls. do let me know.

lucky_ss

Apr 20, 2017
Noted. Am from visa required nation and hence could you let us know for re-enter without PR card.

Also I don't have contacts to mention as address in Saskatoon.

Could anybody help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
lucky_ss said:
Noted. Am from visa required nation and hence could you let us know for re-enter without PR card.

Also I don't have contacts to mention as address in Saskatoon.

Could anybody help
You need your PR card if you want to travel back to Canada. If you do NOT have a PR card, then you have to apply for a one-time Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) from your home country before you start for Canada.

Also, you need a Canadian address to which IRCC will send your PR card. If you have friends/relatives, then you might be able to give their address. You don't necessarily have to give an address when you land - You can update the address with IRCC online within 180 days of landing. If you do NOT update IRCC with an address within 180 days, your "initial" PR card application will be cancelled. You then have to fill a form, pay a fee and apply for a new card. PR cards cannot be mailed to an address outside of Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=054&top=10

jasonspeaks

May 2, 2016
@ Raj / other seniors,

Would you know if an overseas (non Canadian) credit score if of any help at all? E.g. is the CIBIL Score Report from India of any use?

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
jasonspeaks said:
@ Raj / other seniors,

Would you know if an overseas (non Canadian) credit score if of any help at all? E.g. is the CIBIL Score Report from India of any use?

Regards,
Sorry no. Canadian credit score is about your credit worthiness inside Canada, so your foreign credit score has no impact.

If you bank with HSBC or any other bank that ports your credit history, you will have the advantage of a good credit history on day one, but with them only.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
lucky_ss said:
Hello Seniors,

Am new to this forum. Recently received COPR and planning for a short landing. I have few questions to clarify:

1. Do We need Physical funds (in CAD$) or Bank Statements/Deposits in other Currency will suffix at Immigration during landing.
The proof of funds can be any physical instrument (e.g. Cash, Bank Draft, etc.), a bank statement of an account in Canada (US accounts are accepted, but some people have had issues with landing with statements from other countries, while others have passed smoothly). Therefore I would not advice using a foreign bank statement.
2. Due to short landing, due to need to inform Immigration officer and how we could re-enter to Canada next time ( say after 3-4 months).
No, they will ask for an address to send your PR card, if you have a friend's address anywhere in Canada, just give that (can be changed online later). If you don't have an address in Canada, tell them your staying at a hotel and don't have a permanent address yet. There are many forwarding services you can use instead of a physical address, they will forward the cards to you once it reaches them.

3. Also for Goods to follow list--> Can we get printed and attested by Immigration officer which we are going to bring during our second entry
Yes, the goods to follow form is stamped by customs.
Pls. do let me know.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Hi,

1) can you pls elaborate on issues faced with foreign bank statement...coz due to short landing its not possible to convert currency.

2) can you pls gv 2 forwarding services pls.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahi2020 said:
Hi,

1) can you pls elaborate on issues faced with foreign bank statement...coz due to short landing its not possible to convert currency.

2) can you pls gv 2 forwarding services pls.

Thanks
With questions like these, it might make more sense if you ask a former immigrant from India.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick question, guys.
In my CoPR it says Toronto as a city of destination (as I chose it). I am not a provincial nominee. Can I soft land as a PR in Calgary (provide an address in Calgary for PR, SIN, bank account), leave Canada, and then after few months come back directly to Toronto?
May it pose any problem at the PoE (the fact that I do my landing in Calgary instead of Toronto)?

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
Dedicated said:
Just a quick question, guys.
In my CoPR it says Toronto as a city of destination (as I chose it). I am not a provincial nominee. Can I soft land as a PR in Calgary (provide an address in Calgary for PR, SIN, bank account), leave Canada, and then after few months come back directly to Toronto?
May it pose any problem at the PoE (the fact that I do my landing in Calgary instead of Toronto)?
Problem? None. You are not a provincial nominee with the attendant restrictions that come with it.

You are free to land it Calgary without any issues.

U can even choose to land in Montreal and fly from there to Calgary :-* :-*

Russ

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
russellx said:
Problem? None. You are not a provincial nominee with the attendant restrictions that come with it.

Russ
Thanks for reassurance!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
russellx said:

Russ
I think it needs a bit correction, as he is not Provincial applicant he doesn't have provincial restriction. However, one can not land in Quebec unless he/she has CSQ. So, land anywhere except Quebec.

jasonspeaks

May 2, 2016
rizmayo said:
Sorry no. Canadian credit score is about your credit worthiness inside Canada, so your foreign credit score has no impact.

If you bank with HSBC or any other bank that ports your credit history, you will have the advantage of a good credit history on day one, but with them only.
Thanks Rizmayo, appreciate the revert (sorry about the lag - haven't come back here in the past few days).

Best,

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
kamy said:
I think it needs a bit correction, as he is not Provincial applicant he doesn't have provincial restriction. However, one can not land in Quebec unless he/she has CSQ. So, land anywhere except Quebec.
You can land in Quebec.

Let me explain. And I am using myself as an example.

I will be going to Toronto later in the year. I can choose to land in Montreal and continue to Toronto via a local airline (say AirCanada) if I want to.
All my landing formalities will be completed in Montreal. The only caveat is that I would have to give an Ontario address for my PR card.

I cannot give a Quebec address.

And so yes, you can land in Quebec.

Russ